Another one bites the dust!!

Starwolf

Re: Re: Re: Re: Secret old fart club

Originally posted by Gigakaiju

That would be interesting, though i think i still have the original sheets in my Champions box set. The box is mostly made of duct tape at this point, but the sheets are still in fairly good condition. Still, it will save me the work of scanning 'em myself. (Not to mention locating the box.)

Well, I needed to do a bit of organizing in my room. Check out the s1to10.zip as well. I need to finish off the rest of those, but this week I'm polishing up my game for Friday.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having started in college with Champs II and III, I gues I qualifiy for the OFL.

I've taken the liberty of uploading the six charater outlines from the 4th Edition Champions suppliment... well.. I forget the name of it, but we copied them, blew them up, did touch ups and scanned them.

I juts hope I'm not violating any copyrights...

Re: Re: Re: Secret old fart club

Originally posted by lemming

I just sent the templates off to Ben, so we can hope to see them in Free Stuff soon.

The 1982 templates (included in the rulebook that came in the boxed set) are pretty cool. I just downloaded them from the Free Stuff section. But I've always preferred the original character sheets from 1st edition. Anyone remember those? Different poses (better style too, IMHO) and dashed lines around the head, wrists, belt, etc. They were great.

I've got a version of the original character sheet, but it was altered by my GM. Anyone have the pure originals?

Re: Geezers unite!!!

Originally posted by Boll Weevil

Sign me up too. Hey, do any of you fellow geezers use the Champions I character sheet picture templates? There were four or five different ones...a brick, a chick, a flyer.

I use them and a bunch of outlines I traced from my fave comics (the weed copies)!

I get in on 2 out of three!!

How many geezers out there are dying to teach their kids how to play??

Re: Re: Geezers unite!!!

Originally posted by Osprey

I use them and a bunch of outlines I traced from my fave comics (the weed copies)!

I get in on 2 out of three!!

How many geezers out there are dying to teach their kids how to play??

I'm not a geezer yet...... but I do have morning back pain everyday. :mad:

I can't wait to teach my kids to play. I just have to wait a few years. Gotta teach them to read first. The oldest is only 1.

((lightbulb appears over head))

Hey, I could always use the game books to teach them to read...... heh heh heh.;)

FTL down memory lane

Wow, thanks for bringing back the fun memories.

Let's see -- started in college with Villains & Vigilantes -- moved on when it became apparent that you could casually fall off a cliff by underestimating movement and have grenades dropped at your feet and be unable to react in any way.

Played Champions II, then III. Built my first character -- very poorly (my login name is my first character, yes, I admit it). Wondered why everything hurt so much (regeneration was WONDERFUL when it worked every recovery). Played in many campaigns -- some reaching nearly into modern times (that would be ... 15 years later). Also squeezed in some Danger International, a little Justice Inc, and then lots of Fantasy Hero (D&D's for wimps!). Managed to get a little playtest credit under my belt -- although I can't remember the name of the book.

***Here's a pop quiz for the Oldies: what book, with a set of Champions adventures in it, had the murder mystery set in Stronghold? (Hey, Tim!) I helped playtest it, advised the author, have two copies on my shelf, and I still can't remember the name. You know you're getting old, when....

Then, more fantasy campaigns using BBB and the old Fantasy Hero. Some super-heroes on the side.

And gosh -- we're up to 5th Ed!

Sigh -- now I just have to get our group to start playing Hero again, once we finish the 10 campaigns we have floating around.

Re: FTL down memory lane

Originally posted by BlackCobra

***Here's a pop quiz for the Oldies: what book, with a set of Champions adventures in it, had the murder mystery set in Stronghold? (Hey, Tim!) I helped playtest it, advised the author, have two copies on my shelf, and I still can't remember the name. You know you're getting old, when....

That would be Champions Presents #2: "Murder in Stronghold", "MAVRIC" (featuring the crazed super A.I.), and King Cobra's "Coil" organization. Had a little paper insert with a listing of errata in the printed book.

(Is that the sound of my joints creaking, or my arteries hardening?) :(