Originally posted by Major Tom

PennStud77, the title of the movie you're trying to think of is

Superfuzz, and the only things that I can remember about

it are that Ernest Borgnine was the super-cop's partner, and

that when the super-cop got married at the end of the picture,

the bride-to-be was either wearing red or was holding some-

thing colored red (which completely frelled the super-cop's

powers). Other than that, the major thing that I know about

this is that it was a weird Italian flick.

Major Tom

The Poster formerly known as Space Cadet

Actually she dyed her hair red.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superfuzz, and the only things that I can remember about

it are that Ernest Borgnine was the super-cop's partner, and

that when the super-cop got married at the end of the picture,

the bride-to-be was either wearing red or was holding some-

thing colored red (which completely frelled the super-cop's

powers). Other than that, the major thing that I know about

this is that it was a weird Italian flick.

Major Tom

I saw it in the seventies/early eighties. Terence Hill was the star (of Trinity fame - the spaghetti westerns - and the lucky luke series also). Low budget, semi-comedy/semi-serious movies. He had super strength and speed (maybe more), but lost his powers temporarily from the red color (I believe).

Re: Re: Re: Another Thought

Originally posted by bcholmes

Ah, but are you cursed with the name?

I mean, heck, when they weren't calling me "Yoyo" they were calling me "Sherlock".

It's been a LONG time since I've even heard anything of this show...(Holmes and Yo-Yo), but wasn't the Holmes character supposed to be a descendant of Sherlock Holmes....or did I drink too much in the 70's??

Re: Does anyone remember "Sapphire and Steel"?

Originally posted by Haven Walkur

I watched "Sapphire and Steel" in England in 1980, and in New Zealand the following year. I don't know if it appeared in the U.S. The show began with a list of icons representing the various team-members, and two are highlighted, while a voice-over announces that "Sapphire and Steel have been assigned." I think the characters were supposed to be modern-day humans fulfilling some kind of office, and I theeeenk David McCullum played Steel. I don't remember who the woman playing Sapphire was. The characters had psychic abilities and enhanced attributes...and some futuristic tech, I believe.

Would they fit?

Yup, David McCallum (of The Man from U.N.C.L.E and Navy NCIS fame) played Steel while Joanna Lumley (of The New Avengers and, more recently, Absolutely Fabulous fame) was Sapphire. Great, quirky, BBC show. I've only seen a few episodes, but I think they were all agents of some organization and each was the embodiement of an element.

Originally posted by badger3k

I saw it in the seventies/early eighties. Terence Hill was the star (of Trinity fame - the spaghetti westerns - and the lucky luke series also). Low budget, semi-comedy/semi-serious movies. He had super strength and speed (maybe more), but lost his powers temporarily from the red color (I believe).

Actually, he had all kinds of powers, and they were never clearly defined...more or less whatever was required for the scene, or for comedic value. Many of them appeared to be tk-based, though he also exhibited super-strength, super-speed, invulnerability, uncanny hand/eye coordination, super-healing (regeneration), radio transmit/receive (though only with the help of an external antenna), super-breath (or at least super lung capacity, as well as the ability to hold his breath for greatly extended periods of time), the ability to communicate with fish, the ability to divert electricty away from himself and into a group of onlookers, the ability to walk on water, x-ray vision, and probably more that I can't remember just now.

Since he got his powers from an atomic explosion (a red one, I believe that strontium was involved), seeing the color red would neutralize his powers.

Here's some I haven't seen mentioned. Short lived series long ago, so I'm not sure of titles.

One was "The Girl with something Extra" (I think). The girl was a telepath, her boyfriend a defense attorny.

Another was about a kid who got hit by lightning. He got super strength and super speed from it, along with a depenence on being recharged. He needed a watch type focus to contain his power. He did missions for his dad, head of the nearby AF base.

And what about Green Hornet? He started before TV had pictures (in a radio show). For that matter, so did the phantom.

Originally posted by JSenecal

Here's some I haven't seen mentioned. Short lived series long ago, so I'm not sure of titles.

One was "The Girl with something Extra" (I think). The girl was a telepath, her boyfriend a defense attorny.

Another was about a kid who got hit by lightning. He got super strength and super speed from it, along with a depenence on being recharged. He needed a watch type focus to contain his power. He did missions for his dad, head of the nearby AF base.

And what about Green Hornet? He started before TV had pictures (in a radio show). For that matter, so did the phantom.

But which came first, the pulps or the radio show? I thought the hornet/shadow/etc were pulp heroes before they moved to radio, but I may be mistaken on that.

Guest Major Tom
Originally posted by JSenecal

You're spot on about The Girl with Something Extra, which,

IIRC, was a Sally Field (The Flying Nun) show.

Number #2 on your post was a TV-movie called (IIRC) Power Man; or at least, that's what it was advertised as in the TV

guides back then (the network changed the title prior to air

time). Now, I agree with you about the poor schmuck getting

hit by lightning and needing to be recharged periodically as a

result, not to mention becoming super-strong as well. Aside

from that, though, the only other power I remember the guy

using was a lightning-bolt kind of attack, and that using it was

a major drain on his body's energy-charge. I don't remember

there being any other powers displayed by the character at

all.

Major Tom :cool:

Number #2 on your post was a TV-movie called (IIRC) Power Man; or at least, that's what it was advertised as in the TV

guides back then (the network changed the title prior to air

time). Now, I agree with you about the poor schmuck getting

hit by lightning and needing to be recharged periodically as a

result, not to mention becoming super-strong as well. Aside

from that, though, the only other power I remember the guy

using was a lightning-bolt kind of attack, and that using it was

a major drain on his body's energy-charge. I don't remember

there being any other powers displayed by the character at

all.

I'm pretty sure it was made into a TV series with a couple of episodes. He demonstrated super strength right away, when he lifted one side of his car. He also had a super speed where he moved in a flash like blur. While it's been a long time, I made a villian based on him while the series was still fresher in my mind, and that's helped me remember it. I don't remeber any of the names invovled though.

Superfuzz, and the only things that I can

I remember that movie. The main thing I recall is that the super-character had an amusingly thick Swedish accent. That became a running gag with me and my pal at the time.

"And he hasss soooper powers". With a Swedish accent, especially on the 'sooper'.

Originally posted by Arthur

I remember that movie. The main thing I recall is that the super-character had an amusingly thick Swedish accent. That became a running gag with me and my pal at the time.

"And he hasss soooper powers". With a Swedish accent, especially on the 'sooper'. [/b]

Terence Hill was born as Mario Girotti on 1939 in Venice to a German mother and lived in Dresden, Germany during his childhood. After being discovered by Italian film-makers, he appeared in his first major film, Luchino Visconti's The Leopard. He then played in a series of adventure and western films in Germany. In 1967, he returned to Italy to play in God forgives, I don't. He took his name from a Roman scholar Terenzio and his wife's surname (Lori Hill). After playing in various action and adventure films together with his long time partner Bud Spencer, he continued his career as a film producer.

I always wondered where he was from. That's from filmbug.com

Originally posted by Colossus

I love to concept of Adrain Monk as a super hero, I am going to do the stats on him. A great NPC!

I hate to include them, but the Power Rangers actually fit as super heroes.

So do the various Super Friends that never actaully appeared in the Comics Apache Chief!

We excluded all animation. Live action only.