Prolly done a million times before...

SuperBlue

Alright, I'm designing a new PC called "Turbo." You guessed it, he's a speedster (I've never played one before, so I thought it would be fun). Keep in mind, I'm stuck with 4e for the time being :-(

Question #1

Anyway, how would one handle being able to pull a Flash and run accross the ocean, up virtical surfaces, etc...

I remember this being bought as Flight with a "Only on surfaces" Limitation. How much would this limitation be? -1/2? -1/4?

Question #2

Also, how would one write up the JLA version of Flash's Tornado hands (don't really know what to call it...). I was thinking of a MP with the following items:

"Tornado A" TK 20 STR w/ AoE Radius

"Tornado B" TK 20 STR w/ AoE Cone

"Tornado C" Dispell vs Gasses Linked to to Tornado A or B (1/4 or 1/2 Limitation?)

Rambling :rolleyes:

I've already got a base for the rest of his powers:

Resistant Damage Reduction 50% PD

Linked to Movement Powers (-1/2)

Resistant Damage Reduction 50% ED

Linked to Movement Powers (-1/2)

"High Speed Fist" 4d6 HHA

Reduced END (+1/4)

CSL's out the Wazoo

I figure since I'm going for a high speed character, I'd boost his END slightly, crank up his REC, and buy his powers with Red. END or No END

Re: Prolly done a million times before...

Originally posted by SuperBlue

Alright, I'm designing a new PC called "Turbo." You guessed it, he's a speedster (I've never played one before, so I thought it would be fun). Keep in mind, I'm stuck with 4e for the time being :-(

Question #1

Anyway, how would one handle being able to pull a Flash and run accross the ocean, up virtical surfaces, etc...

I remember this being bought as Flight with a "Only on surfaces" Limitation. How much would this limitation be? -1/2? -1/4?

-1/4

Cost Power END
16 Super Running: Flight 10" (20 Active Points); Only In Contact With A Surface (-1/4) 2
Powers Cost: 16

Re: Prolly done a million times before...

Originally posted by SuperBlue

how would one handle being able to pull a Flash and run accross the ocean, up virtical surfaces, etc...

The way Mister Vimes suggests is one of the standard ways, and is the least expensive. However, if you don't want to deal with having a Turn Mode, you might also consider something like this:

Cost Power END
34 Superspeed: Multipower, 34-point reserve
3u 1) Superspeed Running: Running +17" (23" total) 3
1u 2) Running Over Water: Swimming +21" (23" total); Surface Only (-1) 2
4 Can Run Up Sheer Surfaces: Clinging (normal STR); Linked To Running (-1/2), Only With Feet (-1/2), Cannot Resist Knockback (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 42

Also, how would one write up the JLA version of Flash's Tornado hands (don't really know what to call it...).
Since he can't really "Grab" things with that effect, it might be easier to combine all that into one power...

Cost Power END
67 Tornado Hands: Dispel 15d6 vs Any Gas or Fire SFX One At A Time (+1/4), Does Knockback (+1/4) 7
Powers Cost: 67

The dispell does KB is interesting, but you still want to do it as a MP with varius AE's, also consider adding a Double KB to it as well

See if the GM will allow the use of the 5th edition advantage Megascale (+1/4 turns your movement power from normal hexes to 1"=1KM, ABSOLUTLY NO COMBAT USE, similar to FTL)

The lim on flight: Only in contact is a -14

Originally posted by JmOz

The dispell does KB is interesting, but you still want to do it as a MP with varius AE's, also consider adding a Double KB to it as well

One of the Nicest "Gust of Wind" designs looks like this:

Cost Power END
60 GET OFFA' ME!!!!!!!: Dispel 10d6: Knockback Resistance, Does Knockback (+1/4), Double Knockback (2x KB; +3/4) (60 Active Points) 6
Powers Cost: 60

Re: Re: Prolly done a million times before...

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

The way Mister Vimes suggests is one of the standard ways, and is the least expensive. However, if you don't want to deal with having a Turn Mode, you might also consider something like this:

*snips really good idea*

Nice Derek, I like that... the only reason that I invariably suggest Flight/Superrunning is that someone is going to want to run up a stream of water from a fire-hose or run up shards of falling glass from a broken window... :D

Saddly enough, there wasn't enough points to go around to build my character :-(

Even placing the OIHID limit on my SPD (costed 80 Points instead of 100), in addition to DEX, REC, END, STN and CON, it still costed a huge chunk of points. Then off course there was

"Super Running" - Flight 15" (OIHID -1/4, Only along Surfaces -1/4) - 20 Points

Then there were my defenses: 25% rPD/rED Damage Reduction (OIHID -1/4, Linked to Super Running -1/2) - 34 Points

Natural Armor 10/10 (OIHID -1/4, Linked to Super Running -1/2) - 24 Points

And Instant Change - 5 Points

Guess I'll have to buy the tricks later :(

Man, that's gonna take a LONG Time