Heavy Metal Hero

Tamashii2000

Ok.. My first attempt at making the characters that appear in the 1981 film Heavy metal... Will start out with the best... Taarna the Trakian... Tell me what you think.

Taarna The Trakian

Player:

Val Char Cost

13 STR 3

15 DEX 15

18 CON 16

15 BODY 10

13 INT 3

18 EGO 16

16 PRE 6

16 COM 3

12 PD 3

10 ED 0

3 SPD 5

7 REC 0

36 END 0

35 STUN 4

6" RUN 0

2" SWIM 0

2 1/2" LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 84

Cost Power

7 Damn Good At Brawling: Hand-To-Hand Attack +2d6 (10 Active Points); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Powers Cost: 7

Cost Skill

2 Animal Handler (Birds) 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

15 +3 with HTH Combat

8 Defense Maneuver: I-III

3 Fast Draw 12-

5 Rapid Attack (HTH)

3 Riding 12-

2 Survival 12-

0 TF: Flying Beasts

1 WF: Blades, Clubs, Unarmed Combat

Skills Cost: 42

Cost Perk

10 Follower (50 Base, 50 Disad)

Perks Cost: 10

Cost Talent

12 Combat Luck: 6 PD/6 ED

Talents Cost: 12

Total Character Cost: 155

Pts. Disadvantage

0 Normal Characteristic Maxima: No Age Restriction

10 Distinctive Features: Trakian Tattoo on Neck, Easily Concealed, Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

20 Physical Limitation: Can't Speak, All the Time, Greatly Impairing

20 Psychological Limitation: Honorable, Very Common, Strong

15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of bird, Uncommon, Total

15 Social Limitation: The PacT (To defend that is the pact, but when life loses its value and is taken for naught, then the pact is to revenge), Occasionally (8-), Severe

5 Distinctive Features: Increadable looking blond in barely there armor., Easily Concealed, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses

Disadvantage Points: 85

Base Points: 75

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

She has more disadvantages then she needed but I felt they made sense. (THis is my first attempt at making a non-super level character!!)

Re: Heavy Metal Hero

Originally posted by Tamashii2000

Ok.. My first attempt at making the characters that appear in the 1981 film Heavy metal... Will start out with the best... Taarna the Trakian... Tell me what you think.

Taarna The Trakian

Player:

Val Char Cost

16 COM 3

Uhh... no. Taarna was a 20 COM. Even if you don't personally feel that way, it was clearly intended that she was your typical fantasy babe: utterly gorgeous. And her PRe could be a couple of points higher. She isn't even phased when the evil Loc-Nar overlord is torturing her. Her SPD should also be a 4. SPD 3 people really can't take out a room full of thugs the way she did, though I suppose Rapid Attack could take care of that. I'd also replace the HTH attack with the "Dirty Infighting" martial arts package. Otherwise, this is a perfectly good write-up.

Originally posted by tiger

Con/Ego PD/Ed seems a bit high. I'd increase her spd to 4.

she could use a few skill levels as wellS

The ego I made 18 because she showed extream amounts of willpower during the segment of the film she was in, getting captured, whiped, thrown down chasm.. and still being able to go on and defeat the bad guy in a one on one. Then she sacrificed herself with out even flinching to take out the loc-nar.

PD/ED might be a bit high.

Re: Re: Heavy Metal Hero

Originally posted by Supreme

Uhh... no. Taarna was a 20 COM. Even if you don't personally feel that way, it was clearly intended that she was your typical fantasy babe: utterly gorgeous. And her PRe could be a couple of points higher. She isn't even phased when the evil Loc-Nar overlord is torturing her. Her SPD should also be a 4. SPD 3 people really can't take out a room full of thugs the way she did, though I suppose Rapid Attack could take care of that. I'd also replace the HTH attack with the "Dirty Infighting" martial arts package. Otherwise, this is a perfectly good write-up.

Hmm, yep, got to agree with the 20 com, and maybe I should increase her speed to 4. AND add Rapid attack.

How about 23 COM?

I was thinking maybe her strength might need a tweak up too, women don't put on muscle mask in quite the same way as men and she handled a one handed sword pretty well. I have a character in my PBEM who is playing a rip off of John Candy's character.

I think you did a good job on the disadvantages.