Bag O' Marbles

Brandi

This discussion came up with my husband after we'd seen a recent Justice League episode (the "Injustice League" one).

I figure a bag of marbles like the Joker used to trip up the Flash would be bought as a Change Environment similar to the ice sheet used as an example in FRed, with possibly a different area of effect (it might appear to be a cone from where they were thrown), and with these limitations:

1 Charge (optionally recoverable, though the Joker's trick marbles blew up), with a fairly long duration

Gestures to activate (you can't throw them if your hands are tied up!)

Is this likely, or would a Transform be perhaps a bit likelier, on the assumption that if you don't clean up the marbles it'll stay an area of unsure footing for a very long time?

If you have access to Killers, Conquerors, and Crooks, you might try looking up Slick of the Ultimates for ideas. He has a multipower, one of the slots is very similar to your Change Enviroment suggestion. Of course, he uses friction powers, so the marbles probably wouldn't get as big a minus, but it's a thought.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

On a side note, for a cinematic fight scene in a low-friction Change Environment type situation, check out the Transporter. Terrible movie, but there's a good fight scene in a garage involving a lot of motor oil.

Ok. I'll say it wasn't a good film, but it wasn't bad. ;)

The oil slick scene is worthwhile though.

Originally posted by Steve Long

You can find a bag o' marbles statted up in The Ultimate Martial Artist, or, in a more thorough exploration of the subject, in the forthcoming Gadgets And Gear. ;)

Ah, I should've known. :D Next time I see our Champions-collecting friend (he's got damn near everything including the infamous Road Kill adventure) I'll look in UMA.