The opposite of Enraged

JmOz

Or if you are relating to freezing combat how about the Psyc lim "deer in the headlights", must make an EGO roll when threatend with violence or surprised, failure results in stunned behavior until a successful EGO roll, taking damage provides a bonus (whap, whap, snap out of it man, whap, whap).

Okay, a little more details: What I am looking fo r is something similar to the disad in DC Heroes (From Mayfair) called Traumatic Flashbacks

The character is pictured as behaving like this, at random times (GM Discresion) he will experience flashes of someone elses life. The whole story, is that he is a robot and that the reason for the AI is that the spirit of a real person has bounded to him, sometimes it creates glitches...

Originally posted by JmOz

Okay, a little more details: What I am looking fo r is something similar to the disad in DC Heroes (From Mayfair) called Traumatic Flashbacks

The character is pictured as behaving like this, at random times (GM Discresion) he will experience flashes of someone elses life. The whole story, is that he is a robot and that the reason for the AI is that the spirit of a real person has bounded to him, sometimes it creates glitches...

I would still have to list this as a psych lim, thought some could make an argument for a phy lim. I guess my question is, what makes you think it wasn't a Psych lim? Maybe then I could see what other answer I could come up with or at the very least give a better position for mine.

Read the last paragraph under "Enraged/Berserk" in FREd. It can be used to represent something other than anger.

It could represent distraction, despair, panic, or fear, for example.

"Despairs in X circumstance 11- to despair, 11- to snap out of it." This would cause the character to surrender or just stop fighting in certain circumstances, or perhaps trigger other responces. This is worth about the same as Enraged, because you're not going to hurt your friends, and you'll be "playing it safe" for yourself, but you won't be hurting the bad guy.

IMHO, Enraged/Berserk should be used for any disad where a character behaves irrationally under some circumstance that may arise in combat, and has a X chance to happen, and Y chance to snap out of it.

Originally posted by JmOz

25 Psychological Limitation: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder; Freezes Up When Experiencing Past Life(Very Common, Total)

Re: Re: Ooh pretty!!

Originally posted by lemming

Hmm, I do have a character with the Psych Lim: Oooh Shiny!!!

Sounds funny but boy does it get annoying to play. One of my first characters I ever made bought all his INT with an Activation roll. He was a brilliant scientist who would occasionally forget where he lived or how to drive. Little did I know that twenty years later I would be working with people just like him :P