What homages would you LIKE to see in the 5th Ed CU?

Hermit

Originally posted by Metaphysician

Well, Vaguard was a Captain Marvel analogue, as far as I can tell. There's certainly room for a Superman analogue, but personally, I'd find it neat for him to post date Detroit.

According to the new VIPER sourcebook, the snake-god Nama has three children, only two of which are named. One of them is Viperia, who is plainly inspired by Supergirl, albeit with a villainous slant. No reason why the third child couldn't be just as powerful, but heroic. He could work pretty well in the Superman role.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally ... I'd love to see The Titans, Warriors, Power Pack and Outsiders replicated in the CU :) I'd also love to see Superboy, Green Arrow, Spider-Man, Captain Marv-el, Black Widow and Jakeem Thunder played with ;) On a related note, we had a Superman cloned named Champion (based after a a fig and iconic 3rd ed illustration) ... he was fun ;)

Originally posted by Doug McCrae

I thought Tyrannon was a Trigon homage. The names are certainly similar.

IMO Darkseid isn't out-and-out magical, not in the same way Dr. Strange or Dread Dormammu are anyway.

Tyrannon filled the "evil dimension lord" role in the Champions Universe that Trigon did in the DCU, and Dormammu for Marvel. Otherwise he was a far different character, unique and truly innovative. I give credit to Allen Varney of Mystic Masters for coming up with something that hadn't been done to death in comics before. :)

The Trigon/Dormammu tropes are probably more closely followed by Skarn the Shaper, another imperialistic dimension lord first introduced in The Ultimate Super Mage. In particular, the important roles played by Skarn's family are reminiscent of the relatives surrounding those other two mystic tyrants.

What I'm hoping to see (perhaps when Galactic Champions comes out) are homages to the truly cosmic characters: the likes of Galactus, Krona, Thanos, Darkseid, the Watcher, Metron, the Guardians of the Universe, the Elders of the Universe, and so on. It looks like we'll have the Mystic World well covered in various sourcebooks, and I'd like to see the same for the "cosmic world."

I'd like to see the super teams of CU World War Two, particularly the Invaders analog and or the JSA.

Secondly, the League of Extraordinary Gentelmen of the CU could be interesting, maybe with an even more international or Empire wide make up.

A Authority homage about a group of "heroes" who take over the world for it's own good, or there conception there of, and have to be deposed could be interesting. Maybe that would be a Squadron Supreme homage which was a Justice League one itself.

Isn't one of the CKC badguys a kind of Joker/Toyman amalgamated homage?

The sad thing about Black Harlequin is...

a) He's most appropriate for Dark Champions campaigns...

B) If he ever lives through more than one encounter in a Dark Champions campaign, it /won't/ be because the players weren't trying.

There are some villains who make you have to remind yourself very sternly to RP your "Code vs. Killing" disadvantage, and he's two of them. And once freed from that constraint, it's time to serve the great heaping dishes of hot tasty *BLAM*.

Originally posted by Chuckg

B) If he ever lives through more than one encounter in a Dark Champions campaign, it /won't/ be because the players weren't trying.

There are some villains who make you have to remind yourself very sternly to RP your "Code vs. Killing" disadvantage, and he's two of them. And once freed from that constraint, it's time to serve the great heaping dishes of hot tasty *BLAM*.

Yeah, he got killed the 1st time I used him in my CU game.....by "accident" of course.....

Originally posted by Monolith

Our group is taking a terrible toll on the CU villains. To date we have managed to kill Mentalla, Sidewinder, and Ripper. Of course the last two villain's deaths were murder. Heroes must be heroes after all. :)

Well ... I have lost a few villains myself, not to death, but I try not to treat Stronghold as a rotating door so it works about the same.

Originally posted by Killer Shrike

Magnus Robot Fighter and Gilad Ani Padda (The Eternal Warrior) of Valiant Comics.

And here I was convinced I was the only sentient on the planet that remembered Magnus!

Oh, wait...do you mean the original run, or the later...uhm...Valiant?...run? I've never read the Valiants, only the original run. Ah, the memories...:)

One group nobody has mentioned yet: The Legion of Super-Heroes!

And what about the original Metal Men?

-Spider-Man

-Thor/Hercules

-Hulk (Grond is quite clearly portrayed as a villain, I'd like to see homage to a hero with an uncontrolled side)

-Suicide Squad

-Is there a Mattermorph (that's my own term for an Absorbing Man type)?

Finally, I think it's about time that Champions got it's friggin' act together and paid homage to the whole huge-worldwide-criminal-organization-with-snakelike-motif idea. Well?!?! When's that gonna happen, HeroGames?!?!

Originally posted by Lord Liaden

What I'm hoping to see (perhaps when Galactic Champions comes out) are homages to the truly cosmic characters: the likes of Galactus, Krona, Thanos, Darkseid, the Watcher, Metron, the Guardians of the Universe, the Elders of the Universe, and so on. It looks like we'll have the Mystic World well covered in various sourcebooks, and I'd like to see the same for the "cosmic world."

How many points would a Celestial be? :eek:

Originally posted by Chuckg

. . .how many of the New Sentinels have Codes vs Killing?? Microman, Starguard, anybody else??

Originally posted by Sketchpad

Personally ... I'd love to see The Titans, Warriors, Power Pack and Outsiders replicated in the CU :) I'd also love to see Superboy, Green Arrow, Spider-Man, Captain Marv-el, Black Widow and Jakeem Thunder played with ;) On a related note, we had a Superman cloned named Champion (based after a a fig and iconic 3rd ed illustration) ... he was fun ;)

My Champions World includes a Superboy ish Character named Mut (It means Valor in german)...It should be mentioned my world's Superman is from Germany