What homages would you LIKE to see in the 5th Ed CU?

Hermit

Originally posted by Metaphysician

. . .how many of the New Sentinels have Codes vs Killing?? Microman, Starguard, anybody else??

Out of the current membership (Amazing Man II, Black Rose, Bravo, Diadem, Diamond & Marus) I would guess only Amazing Man II (because Amazing Man I did) does. We just do not have enough information on the other members yet to know.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dr. Anomaly

And here I was convinced I was the only sentient on the planet that remembered Magnus!

Oh, wait...do you mean the original run, or the later...uhm...Valiant?...run? I've never read the Valiants, only the original run. Ah, the memories...:)

The Valiant run, which AFAIK followed the continuity of the original series.

Originally posted by Battlestaff

As to Valiant, I love the H.A.R.D. Corps concept. It shouldn't be hard to work up, as long as the players are willing to accept the limitations (what do you mean I'm stuck in Ghost mode?)

I was thinking a MPP w/ ultraslots equal to the Pool size (and thus 1 power possible at a time) and a partial NCC on the Pool to represent the "you can ask for it, but you may not get it" aspect. Maybe -3/4 for the lim as a compromise between the -1 NCC Activate but not control and -1/2 Lockout lims.

Originally posted by Metaphysician

. . .how many of the New Sentinels have Codes vs Killing?? Microman, Starguard, anybody else??

Hmmm...

Horus-Re has the default 'Reluctant To Kill' -- he virtually never does, but he's done it before, pre-godhood. Turakian warrior champion and all that. OTOH, he's also had a decade-long career on the original Sentinels with their team charter, and he has no Enrageds and a sky-high EGO, so it would probably take something really extreme to bring out the 'Grog smash!' response.

Psi Legionnaire is /supposed/ to have CVK, but his player is occasionally a bit 'off' in RP'ing his disads.

*muttermuttertookmeHOWlongtofinishhealingSlick'sinjuriesmuttermuttermutter*

Warp has a four-color CVK, but he also has an Enraged when innocents are badly hurt/abused... so it's possible, but not oikely.

However... Warmaster Fielan's last job was as the CO of Istvatha V'Han's Praetorian Guard, and before that he was a Sky Marshal in her conquest forces. The only thing that keeps him from /routinely/ using lethal force is that he swore an oath to obey the laws of the US when he accepted asylum here, and he's got 'Honorable' at Total Commitment. i.e. -- if it could be done under circumstances that would legally be justifiable homicide(*), Black Harlequin's a dead man.

(*) /Really/ be justifiable, not just 'made to look like justifiable with stretching' -- he's too honorable for that.

Edit -- Monolith, meta and I are in a 'New Sentinels' PC campaign with a different lineup than the canonical one, which is why you might not recognize the names.

Sorry, talking about the campaign you're currently in is a gamer disease. :)