Your first Champs character.

tabascojunkie

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my friend's, Neal, first character. He took Seeker copied him down, gave him a new name and slightly different background.

I ran him through the sample combat scenario with Ogre robbing the bank. Ogre hit him with a table (AoE, 1-2 hexes) and did some heavy body, but Seeker-Neal was able to capture ogre. Seeker-Neal spent two-three months healing body.

Neal loves Champions, but hates Martial Artists. :)

Originally posted by Chuckg

My first Champs character was Seeker, from the Big Blue Book. :)

my first character was a CREEPER rip-off; a DEX/BRICK who dressed like a beefed up, early 80's adam ant ("stand and deliver" era--hey! it WAS the early 80's, folks!!), and called himself "THE MANIAC...."

i quite enjoyed myself being both antic and goofy--much to the shegrin of my GM and my fellow players, but ultimately, the character was TOO well balanced to have much effect on the combat-optimized, 450pt monstrosities we fought against, so i traded him in for someone more combat effective--a SPD 13 MA w/ AP martials arts, named CAT....

My first character back in 1985ish, my first rpg, was a scientist in power armour. I had read the rules and noticed like a true powergamer the advantage of MP, and OIF armour.

Quite basic except for the 4d6 HKA that i sneaked past the GM, oh yes i had 60str as well.

Battle Blade

60 str 33

30 dex 40

30 con 27

15 bod 7

20 int 10

10 ego 0

10 pre 0

10 com 0

32 pd 0

32 ed 4

6 spd 13

18 rec 0

60 end 0

60 stun 0

40 armour 20pd 20ed

20 full life support

12 leaping +18" , 30" total

4 mental defence 10pts (based of Int)

Rc Ap

40 60 Mp Weapon systems

4 60 Hka 4d6 ( 8d6 w str )

4 60 Rka 4d6

4 60 Eb 12d6

4 60 Entangle 6d6

4 60 Flash 6d6

Char 134 ( all OIF except for Int)

Pow 136

Skill what?

Total 270 ( 20 over but we took extra hunteds )

First adventure was the island of Dr D

Other characters were a 160str thor character, and a energy blaster who stuck to 10dc 20def limit.

we all ended up in a radiation accident ang gained 50 XP which i used to weld 4 tentacle arms to power armour back, and increase my dex to 45.

Good fun, ps i killed that thunder guy from corrupters of all with one hit.

My first Champions character was Mayday based on my Carmen & Company Mayday NPC, followed a half hour later by a pyrokinetic girl named Cinder (also C&Co.). 4th Ed in 1986-7

My first superhero was Gemini, in 1981-82 for a comic book I did for 5 years or so faithfully every month. Gemini had the power of shapeshift and a mindlink with the person she switched to. Later on after Id read the Dark Phoenix saga she took on Jean Grey and the mind link got erm, jammed? Just a lil bit...

The other team members included a telekinetic, a density guy (gaseous or dense, the denser the stronger) and his baby sister with force fields and invisibility. In hindsight a copy of the Invisible Girl but I didnt realize it at the time.

My first Champs character was a brick named Titan. I modeled him after one of the Shogun Warriors. When he would grow to his full height he would look exactly like Raydeen. I also made him an alien whos powers came from the sun. ala superman. He was just a very tall brick who could fly. hehe. man that was like 20 years ago now.

My first character (and still favorite) was White Dwarf/Todd Berrymoor.

As I was in 7th grade when I was introduced to Champions in early '82, I tended to misunderstand a few fine points. I thought the rules told me I HAD to spend 100 points (no more, no less) in Characteristics, then Powers were paid for with whatever Disads I could come up with.

So, WD had a 110 STR and 10 everything else. He had a 90 pt. multipower with flight, an A.P.E.B, and a Force Field set at 80rPD/10rED. That was pretty much it.

As you can guess, when I did/do get a chance to play him, he got trounced a lot.

I recall an early fight (first combat?) with a brick where I needed a 7- to hit. And I thought it was GREAT!:D

Now after 20+ years (I don't get to play much) he still sucks, but I like the big lug!