Sporting Q #3: Archery/ Darts

Static UK

What modifyer do you think the centre (10 point area?) of an Archery target should have? I think -12 or even a greater penalty.

To determine the area of the target hit would depend upon you OCV roll. There would be bonuses for taking time to aim. Would there be bonuses for a stationary target, or would that negate the negative modifyer? Possibly penalties for range.

Basically you need to roll a succesful hit to hit the bullseye (10 point area), for each point the roll failed by you are -1 point off the bullseye. So if you miss the bullseye by four, you only hit the (10-4=) 6 point area of the target.

Does this seem like a fair system? Obviously experienced/ competitive archers would buy Skill levels in reducing the negative penalty.

Darts: What modifyers should the various areas of a dartboard have? How about:

• Bulseye (50 pts) -10
    Outer Bull (25 pts) -8
    Any treble -7 pts
    Any Double -5
    Any lower single area -3 pts (This is the area between the treble and the centre)
    Any upper single area -2 pt (This is the area between the double and the treble)
    Anywhere on a specific numbered section -1

I am open to suggestions.

Aiming for a man's head is a -8, and in one of the old supplements (Dark Champions, I think), there were rules for aiming for the eyes (-10 or -12, I think), which are about the same size as a dartboard bullseye.

Of course, since the dartboard is not trying to move or dodge, it should probably be the equivalent of aiming for the eye of an unconscious man, which would be half of the -12. Add in some range modifiers, and you've got a pretty challenging came on your hands.