When Genres Collide

BobGreenwade

This may or may not be a silly question, and I haven't picked up TE yet, but...

What, really, are the chances of one or more of the alien species in TE (or any other sci-fi setting) appearing as non-human species in the Fantasy Hero setting books? It seems like a reasonable possibility (like maybe a Mon'dabi deep-space scout ship crashes and the crew is forced to live among the inhabitants and start a new sub-society of Lizardmen that perishes in the Cataclysm).

I'm just curious. It's a wrinkle that I think would make an interesting twist (and a potential source of adventures in both settings).

Originally posted by Mike Basinger

That would be a cool idea. I ran a Star Hero campaign once that had the races the High -G Daraws (Dwarves) and Low-G Evlens (Elves).

I don't think all of the pre-Cataclysm races would originate from outer space; there's still the extra-dimensional Fairy Realm (I forget what it's officially called) for elves, fairies, and such to come from. I just think that a few ET races from TE could spice up a FH campaign a bit.

And it just occurred to me that they wouldn't necessarily have to die out in the Cataclysm; continuing with the Mon'dabi example, they could survive until the modern day, or at least until the Pulp era, in a sort of "Lost World" setting.

Mostly I'm just wondering what the official stance on this will be (even if it's just a "wait for the books to come out" type of statement). :D