Twin powers ideas

Rebar

I liked the way the twins in Alpha Flight worked, individually they were powerful but they could do a big Flash attack if they worked together.  The concept of two characters in a group who aren't quite as powerful alone but get more powerful and use great teamwork together is appealing to me as well.

Dungeon and Dragon :) One has force wall englobing powers and the other shapechanges to a reptilian form that flies and breathes fire.

I really like this one :)

• 2 weeks later...

I kind of like the idea of the ghost of the dead twin sticking around, but just having had them once be actually twins, power wise as well as the usual kind. Like maybe two extremely gifted martial artists who also know a bit of magic and study monsters (because their superhero careers started off as becoming monster hunters) and who are both mutants with the same slightly enhanced normal abilities (their mutations are all just slight improvements on normal senses, slight super-strength, slightly faster speed, slight toughness, etc) and both an extremely slow flying ability and a very low strength, slow telekinetic ability. But then one of them died, became a ghost to keep on being the living twin's partner, and now both must adapt to one being a ghost (none of the physical training or powers are much use very often, so they need to find uses for their intangibility and such instead, while the living partner has to get used to not having their life-long partner there, physically, to assist in the stuff that needed two people with similar training and powers to be able to pull it off.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, I did have a few of these ...

Grossemesser & Kriegshammer (MF) - merc npcs in a grimmfarce setting where all the real supers were long gone and it was down to hasbeens and wannabes. They were superhumanly strong, like 28, but, think about a conventional gun with a calculated 28 STRmin.

Salt & Pepper (FF) street level conjured-knife thrower and rapid fire punch microbrick.

Thunder & Lightning (FF) brick w/linked flash:hearing & energy projector w/linked flash:sight.  Painfully obvious.  Standard silver age.