Ki tricks, any ideas?

Rage

***Please don't hate me, I like the idea of super charged martial artists fighting in a world where the good guys are good and the bad guys are better. It's a change from playing in a lovecraft meets Generic Fantasy game #44 world.****

ok, i just started playing in a new Dragon Ball Z (altenate universe and set in the future of their world to boot.) PBEM and I realised that my character had a bunch of attack, defence, and movement.

I realised I was missing out on alot of the fun stuff, so I decided to create some more "non combat but cool moves" for if I ever gain EXP.

So I watched my tapes and went and stole from Surebrooks stuff. (Seriously Susano, you are amazing.)

So what I have at the moment is:

-Create clothing, great if you're hard on your clothing and chances are if you're a martial artist you are.

- Create food, logical extension of creating clothing I guess... It makes sense, a fighter needs to eat to stop him from being hungry why not create some food or at least make some come to you. Chau Zu the weakest Z warrior can telekinetically control things, so why not telekineticly control some wild turkeys to you?

- Special effects, the creation of cool looking stuff using your ki, why not even get it to the point where the warrior can make something akin to a tv show through his thought processes.

Any ideas?

Come on, I know you do.

Have you checked out Ninja Hero? That book has lots of great stuff you can use.

Here are some extensions of your ideas:

Instead of creating food, allow the martial artist to draw upon nature to nourish himself. If that seems excessive, maybe he can do that only a once a day (LS with Charges)

Instead of creating new clothing, have him/her have an illusory set of clothing that never seems to take damage (Images, Persistent, 0 END). I recommend LS: Immunity to heat/cold in this case. Then have the villain cast a Dispel during a tournament while the stadium is packed.

Re: Ki tricks, any ideas?

Originally posted by Rage

So what I have at the moment is:

-Create clothing, great if you're hard on your clothing and chances are if you're a martial artist you are.

- Create food, logical extension of creating clothing I guess... It makes sense, a fighter needs to eat to stop him from being hungry why not create some food or at least make some come to you. Chau Zu the weakest Z warrior can telekinetically control things, so why not telekineticly control some wild turkeys to you?

- Special effects, the creation of cool looking stuff using your ki, why not even get it to the point where the warrior can make something akin to a tv show through his thought processes.

Any ideas?

Come on, I know you do.

1) Instant Change. Just define it to include "even when buck nekkid".

2) Create Food/Drink. Either re-define the transform "Create Food Drink and Clothes" out of fine air, or use it as the SFX of "Does not Eat"

3) TV Show: Images to sight and sound. they don't have to be very good, or very big, since only you want to watch them.

You may end up wanting some sort of VPP with assorted "Useless Chi Tricks".

That's what I ended up having to do for my guy with a Magic Amulet that allowed him to create items out of thin air.

It ended up being cheaper to go that way than a big "Transform Air into Any object he wants" and having to argue with the GM over what stats to use.

A weird Summon, with a wider effect, and the "100% loyal" modifier might work, but again, you run into the whole "GMs discretion on what these things do".

Just some ideas early in the morning...

D

A few off-the-wall suggestions based on the more adult Manga flicks:

(1) Manga Dangler: Human males have 6 limbs instead of 5 - buy a couple of inches of stretching for that third leg :) Don't forget that limbs can be targeted by Disabling HKA attacks :eek:

(2) Instant Beauty: DNPC Manga chicks really love heroes who have Instant Change vs Others, makes them look the best they can be.

(3) Feed My Power: Power absorption to the Multiform version of the character. Once he has been blasted enough he can warp to his powered up form.