Stasis seat in TUV

TUV has a stasis seat to protect the occupant of a vehicle. While the way they purchased it (big force wall and LS, occupant can't act) will have the appropriate effect, the cost (355 real points) seems prohibitive. Is there a cheaper way to do it ?

I was thinking about Extra Dimensional Movement, through time, to the point in time and space where the stasis seat is recovered after the crash. You pay a lot to have that end point open-ended, but you can limit that with a -2 NCC (the guy in stasis doesn't control when it's deactivated). Call it 20 points base, plus 5 for physical relocation (-2 NCC) and 26 for any point in the next Billion years (-2 NCC) for a real cost of 30 points. very affordable compared to 355.

Opinions ? Flames ?

While the 355 pts is a bit high, I'm not sure if I like the EDM approach any better. I'm not really sure how I would attempt to approach this item myself.

Of course if this is a Non-supers games, where the vechicle is brought with money, then I would just hand wave this items pts cost and just worry about how much it costs in monetary terms.

The Extra-Dim works fine from the frozen character's point of view, but what if someone boards the spaceship while he's not yet at his destination? Is he actually on board in stasis, or is he in some kind of transition?

In order to show that time does not pass for the character, but that his body can still be attacked while he's in stasis, I recommend:

Stasis Seat: Extra-Dim through Time and Space, Gradual Effect (10 years, or whatever), Leaves Physical Body Behind (-1).

Hey Night Archer. Well, I thought the whole idea was to make the character immune to damage (Unless the delicate stasis equipment is oh-so-foolishly tampered with). Without the damage protection, I'd just put it as a Life Support with SPD Drain as a side effect. (I love tampering with SPD.)

This seat was to protect the vehicle's occupant from crash damage. He would be frozen in a bubble of stopped time, and be invulnerable to any and all effects until the bubble 'popped'. The writeup was unclear on whether the bubble could have a timer set or had to be 'popped' by an outside party recovering the seat from the wreckage post-crash.

I assumed the latter in my writeup. I'm thinking it should be:

Stasis seat: Extra-dimensional movement (20 points), to any place or time in the future (wherever and whenever the stasis is deactivated) (+5 for any location, +26 for any point in the next Billion years), (51 active points), NCC over result (-1; driver can activate power, with no control over the 'destination'/place and time of deactivation), OIF Bulky (-1) (total cost: 17 points)