Witch Hunter Robin

badger3k

Re: Witch Hunter Robin

About Last Nights Episode (3-23-2004)

Obviously Soloman and the administrator of the STJN are in a war with each other now. The Administrator is working from the Factory now and sent their men to get the most recent hunter sent by Soloman. The Administrator, I think, still wants to do away with all craft-users and witches. That means he'd still like to take Robin out, but he'll get rid of any hunter he can regardless who they are hunting.

I have an question: Why wast last night's hunter standing out in the same spot (the middle of the street) for hours on end? Was he expecting Robin to show up (the witch always returns to the scene of the crime)? Was he waiting for the factory to attack him (which suggests that they've either switche targets or that their previous pursuit of Robin was just an expensive(?) cover)?

Another question: Is the organization named 'Soloman' or 'Solomon' (after the biblical king who lends his wisdom to Captain Marvel)?

Amon obviously had a bad experience with craft-users/witches. Seems like he lost his parents to some. Like to type more but the firewall at work is about to go up. Maybe I'll post more during lunch.

I'm not so sure. Remember when Robin asked Amon what his 'power' was (and note that he didn't deny that he has a power)? It's possible that he had a very bad 'first time'.

Concerning his latest hunt, I'm beginning to wonder if Amon's doing like he said Kate (the hunter whom Robin replaced) did and is trying to get Robin to kill him.

Any idea who Amon's backup (the person to blindsided Nagura) is?

Okay, lunch hour and the firewall is down again...

I imagine it is supposed to be "Solomon" my previous posts were just me being sloppy in my typing.

I got the idea that the hunter last night (3-23-2004) was perhaps waiting in the same spot as Robin's previous battle. He mumbled something about sensing death. That may have been him sensing where the previous hunter fell. Possibly he tought that Robin would pass back by the area since the last hunter knew she passed that way. On the other hand his power seemed to be ice, perhaps he "froze up" :P

I wish we knew more about the circumstances surrounding "Kate." Amon admits he hunted her, but I got the idea he felt guilty about it. He helped Robin escape as a way to make amends. Now he has been watching her and realizes that she is very powerful (he said she'd become the most dangerous witch on earth). Perhaps his ingrained duty as a witch hunter has kicked-in due to her display of power. He could have a death-wish but I don't think that is the case. I still think something happened to him or his loved ones due to a witch so he hates them. Then Robin comes along and he likes her so he is totally conflicted. He hates her as a witch but likes her as a person.

The STJN administrator is awfully ruthless. He now knows that orbo has bad side-effects. It saps the power of those with powers, Karasuma wears Orbo all the time and her powers seem to be diminishing. Shame she doesn't realize what is causing it. Even the, apparently normal, STJN trooper freaked out due to it. This doesn't seem to matter to the administrator (frankly I think he is unhinged).

I got the idea that the hunter last night (3-23-2004) was perhaps waiting in the same spot as Robin's previous battle. He mumbled something about sensing death.

True. That's why I mentioned the possibility that he was waiting for the witch (Robin) to 'return to the scene of the crime'. I was joking about it though...

I wish we knew more about the circumstances surrounding "Kate." Amon admits he hunted her' date=' but I got the idea he felt guilty about it.[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised. It's one thing to hunt someone you don't know whose power had driven him over the edge, but to have to hunt an ally...?

He helped Robin escape as a way to make amends. Now he has been watching her and realizes that she is very powerful (he said she'd become the most dangerous witch on earth). Perhaps his ingrained duty as a witch hunter has kicked-in due to her display of power.

But he knew that she was very powerful ever since The Eyes of Truth when she roasted that witch that'd been inquisitioned. That guy was so powerful that he could ignore the Orbo and throw Amon around like a rag doll. She took him out as easily as she lit those candles in an earlier episode. I suspect that it was that[/b} incident that led Erasimus (sp) to declare a 'hunt' for her. Don't forget what Amon said at the end of the ep. (where he'd reported to Erasimus about the Hunt's results):

"You mean... Robin is..."

Given what we've learned about Erasimus, I doubt that he implied anything good about Robin.

He could have a death-wish but I don't think that is the case. I still think something happened to him or his loved ones due to a witch so he hates them. Then Robin comes along and he likes her so he is totally conflicted. He hates her as a witch but likes her as a person.

But Amon's arleady told her that he doesn't think of her as a witch in Time to say 'Goodbye', and I dn't think he's a man who waffles on issues.

Another possibility is that Amon's enrolled her in the 'Witches School of Hard Knocks' Crash course. Look at what he's done so far: He's placed her with a fellow who we know is smuggling witches away from Solomon's watchful eyes. This way, she can see witches in a light completely different from what she's used to (usually victims or victimizers). Robin's now learning to emphasize with the people she meets and that things aren't as cut-and-dried as they might seem to be.

The STJN administrator is awfully ruthless. He now knows that orbo has bad side-effects. It saps the power of those with powers' date=' Karasuma wears Orbo all the time and her powers seem to be diminishing. Shame she doesn't realize what is causing it. Even the, apparently normal, STJN trooper freaked out due to it. This doesn't seem to matter to the administrator (frankly I think he is unhinged).[/quote']

Frankly, I think he threw the hinges wawy a long time ago...

Last night's episode seems to confirm that all the members of the STNJ are either craft-users or seeds. Their comments about how the Orbo experiment's goal is to allow normals to be hunters erased all doubt.

So Amon's dad married a seed. Her powers awakened when he was young and it changed her (personality, I guess). So now Amon hates witches since becoming one essentially took his mother away from him. Since he didn't really know his dad she was all he had. He grows up to become a hunter and lives in fear of his own powers awaking since he is a seed as well. I think I understand Amon now.

What about Karasuma? At the end of the episode she was leaving with the adminsitrator. Was she going willingly or was she a captive? I think she must have went willingly since she didn't leave in the back of a factory van. I wonder if she was lured under false pretense or if she is the administrator's plant. Amon and Dojima were both plants for Solomon.