Jump to content

How would you build a cage?


melessqr
 Share

Recommended Posts

Many ways. Assuming a metal cage.

 

1) Base: BODY: 10 (+8), DEF: 10 (+24) SIZE: 4x2 (+0); Total Cost = 32

 

But that isn't reall the best use of Base, and doesn't help if already have a Base and want to put a Cell inside it. If so I'd use one of the following:

 

1) 4D6 Entangle (Use Standard Effect of 3/die), Are Of Effect, 0END, Persistent, Takes No Damage From Attacks, +4 DEF, Only To Form Barriers. Gives a 12 BODY/8 DEF Cage.

Total Cost = 90 (180 AP)

 

the best method IMO:

2) Force Wall 10PD, 0END, Persistent, 10" Long, Restricted Shape.

Total Cost = 69 (86 AP)

 

That's some ideas to go from.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by ghost-angel

Many ways. Assuming a metal cage.

 

1) Base: BODY: 10 (+8), DEF: 10 (+24) SIZE: 4x2 (+0); Total Cost = 32

 

But that isn't reall the best use of Base, and doesn't help if already have a Base and want to put a Cell inside it.

 

If you want a cel in the base, just buy extra DEF and BOD for that small area in the base. "Summon" a cage seems like an innovative power - I'm not sure how practical it is. I doubt I'd let the Summoner call the cage up around an opponent.

 

Originally posted by ghost-angel

1) 4D6 Entangle (Use Standard Effect of 3/die), Are Of Effect, 0END, Persistent, Takes No Damage From Attacks, +4 DEF, Only To Form Barriers. Gives a 12 BODY/8 DEF Cage.

Total Cost = 90 (180 AP)

 

0 END persistent??? The BOD on entangle dice is counted, so it's 8 DEF, 4 BOD. "Only to form barriers" requires you to have an awfully thick cell wall.

 

What about 10d6 Entangle, Standard Effect, takes no damage from attacks, does not restrict target's movement within Entangle, does not prevent attacks on targets outside Entangle, 1 hex area?

 

That's a 10 BOD, 10 DEF barred cage that springs up around the target hex. The trapped individual (s) can move freely within the cage, and even fire attacks out at people outside the cage, but he can't get out unless he breaks the cage. High AP (200 points - 20 END!), but the limitations will get the real cost down quite a bit. I'd call those a -2 in total, so 67 real points.

 

Originally posted by ghost-angel

the best method IMO:

2) Force Wall 10PD, 0END, Persistent, 10" Long, Restricted Shape.

Total Cost = 69 (86 AP)

 

That's some ideas to go from.

 

That comes out very close to the Cell, except it has no Body (quicker to breach) and can't be fired out of. I'd go with the Entangle so the cage doesn't disappear if the creator is knocked out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't let people call up a base around summon either, unless, maybe, they bought usable as attack and ranged.

 

As for the entangle, if this is a cage and not a box, the person inside should be able to still move around within the cage, and even shoot through the bars. I'm not sure what limitation that would be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Sociotard

I wouldn't let people call up a base around summon either, unless, maybe, they bought usable as attack and ranged.

 

hmmm...how about a Transform - Air to Cage ;)

 

I woud let them Summon the base, with the caaveat that the "5:1" applies only once, and that the base arrives in the nearest clear space, just like any other Summon. Congrats - you now have a 10 DEF, 10 BOD cage. getting someone to go inside is YOUR problem!

 

Originally posted by Sociotard

As for the entangle, if this is a cage and not a box, the person inside should be able to still move around within the cage, and even shoot through the bars. I'm not sure what limitation that would be.

 

Agreed. Given all the Entangle now does is prevent the target leaving, I'd give them a -2, but I could be persuadewd to reduce that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Kolava
Originally posted by Monolith

Yeah, a summoned Base would be a good way to do a cage as well.

 

A summoned Base would make a great AOE energy blast if you had some altitude.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if melessqr might provide a bit more detail. There seem to be two schools of thought, one that you want to have a cage in an existing sructure, and the other that you want to conjure a cage up from thin air.

 

The latter then is uncertain whether you want the cage to form around an occupant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Hugh Neilson

0 END persistent??? The BOD on entangle dice is counted, so it's 8 DEF, 4 BOD. "Only to form barriers" requires you to have an awfully thick cell wall.

 

Yeah, I'm assuming this is a pre-existing Cage and not a trapping power since tha'ts a normal Entangle with special effect "metal bars"

 

So, a cage that is existing you can throw someone into is always there, and doesn't cost you anything to keep there. 0 END and Persistent. I didn't put Always On to simulate to can "remove" the cage by opening the door making it ineffective (Though the SFX will not make it disappear but that effectively turns off the power since you can escape it easily). and yes, it's 8DEF, 4 BDY - my bad.

 

As for thickness of walls .. that's entirely up to the special effect .. if the special effect is the nifty to "Glass Metal" I just read about in the latest Discover magazine the cage is about three centimeters thick and nearly unbreakable by conventional means.

 

Only To Form Barriers means you make walls, what kind of wall is entirely up to SFX and the thickness is determined by the GM. Don't assume High Def means Thick Wall.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...