Underworld

SuperBlue

Okay, anyone try doing a write up of Lycans and Vampires from Underworld? I've done a generic Lycan and Generic Death Dealer Writeup based upong 75/75 for 4e. I'll post them sometime soon, but after spending all weekend watching it (3 times... GAH!!!) I've noticed the following:

Selene has a casual STR of at LEAST 10... so her STR must be 20. She can surivive a drop of 5 Stories, so she must have like... 10" of superleap (though she never uses more than 5" of Superleap anytime in the movie). She also seems to have excellent combat reflexes... which could probably be written up as +5DCV vs all attacks, also Combat Sense thrown in.

Viktor has a casual STR of 15 (if you give the Lycans in Were-form a level of growth, which I did). He also has a nasty HKA (SFX: Snapping the neck).

I've also noticed Lucien has a regenerative ablility of 5 Body per minute with Concentration... which makes me think it's about 5d6 AID for body with Extra Time and Concentration.

Lycans seem to always land on their feet... would this be Acrobatics with Several Skill levels?

As soon as I get done with the Writeups, I'll post them here. Keep in mind they will be in 4th edition and I'll see if a friend of mine would help me convert them to Fred.

Until then, I'm busy with school. BAH!!!

Keep in mind, this is a 4e converstion from the movie, Underworld!

NAME: Selene

HGT: 5' 6"
WGT: 120 lbs
SEX: Female

Val Characteristic Cost
23 Str 13 Lift: 600kg; 5d6 HtH; Roll 14-
18 Dex 24 13-
15 Con 10 12-
12 Bod  4 
15 Int  5 12-; PER 15-
20 Ego 20 13-
15 Pre  5 12-; 3d6
16 Com  3
5 PD   1
3 ED   0
4 Spd 12 PHASES 3, 6, 9, 12
10 Rec  6
40 End  5
40 Stn  9

OCV: 6
DCV: 11 (CSL's)
ECV: 7

Movement:
 Run 8"
 Jump 10" (25 to reduce fall Damage)
 Swim 2"

VAMPYIRIC POWERS
9 Fast Healing - 4d6 AID to Body
 0 END, PER, Always On, Only to Max Value, Extra Time: 1 Day
3 Immortality - Immune to Aging
4 Toughness - Defenses are Resistant
12 Great Strength - STR is 1/2 END
10 Falling doesn't hurt - +15 Super Leap to prevent fall Damage (-1/2)
6 Incredible Jumping - Superleap +6
10 Clinging to walls - Clinging, Base STR
9 Sharpened Senses - +3 PER
4 Swiftness - +2" Running

SKILLS (COST/ROLL)
Martial Arts
4 Palm Strike - Martial Strike +2 DCV, +2d6
5 Round House - Defensive Strike +1 OCV, +3 DCV
4 Chop - Killing Strike -2 OCV, 1/2d6 HKA
4 Block - Martial Block +2 CV
4 Dodge - Martial Dodge +5 DCV
3 Grab - Martial Grab -1 CV
3 Throw - Martial Throw +2 OCV +1 DCV
5 Chokehold - Chokehold -2 OCV

7 Acrobatics 16-
7 Breakfall 16-
5 Climbing 15-
9 Combat Driving 17-
3 Computer Programming 12-
7 Concealment 13-
11 Deduction 16-
1 FAM: Vampire/Lycan War 8-
5 High Society 14-
7 Interrogation 15-
7 KS: Vampires (INT) 16-
7 KS: Lycans (INT) 16-
7 KS: History (INT) 16-
3 KS: Agriculture (INT) 12-
3 PS: Death Dealer (INT) 12-
5 Riding 15-
3 Security Systems 12-
9 Shadowing 14-
7 Stealth 16-
2 WF: Common Melee Weapons
2 WF: Common Missile Weapons
1 WF: Shuriken
2 WF: Small Arms
1 TF: Horses 8-
1 TF: Small Ground Vehicals 8-
5 SL +1 DEX
6 CSL +2 w/ Guns
25 CSL +5 DCV vs All
6 CSL +2 w/ Martial Arts
8 CSL +4 w/ Shuriken

TALANTS/PERKS (COST/ROLL)
10 Access to Guns, Vehcials and Equipment

DISADVANTAGES (COST)
15 Psych - Hates Lycans (Com, Total)
20 Psych - Fond of Viktor (UC, total)
40 - Susc - UV Radiation - Common, 3d6/Minute, does Body
Total Disadvantages: 75
Base Points: 75
Experience: 231
XP Spent: 231

NOTE: This is Selene at the Beginning of Underworld, before she meets Micheal or begins to suspect Kraven is aiding Lucien. This is also my first conversion, so bear with me. I may post Selene's background at a later time, most likely when I post the writeup on my website (coming soon).

Guest Kolava

But these are not traditional vampires. They are pretty much human (they bleed and everything) but have a scattering of superhuman powers that keep them on a level above ordinary folk. I think this was very well written up, and I'm not just saying that out of nostalgia after having just seen the movie on DVD. :cool:

I love underworld. Its an upscale high-gloss b-movie. A b+ movie, really.

I think your selene is right on target power wise, strength included. She's shown doing some impressive things, but nothing so over the top that it would merit more than what you gave her.

I did wonder about the skill levels for the shuriken. I understand your right up is ala 4th edition, but they seem high. Dark Champions contained skill levels with limitations attached to offset penalties, which became PSLs in 5th edition.

I would recommend that over straight skill levels, but that's just me.

I note you didn't by fangs or a blood transfer - did you just decide to treat that like "eating"? (I think its an idea, but I'm curious as to why you did it.

Underworld was pretty cool but not as cool as it could have been.

I hope they get to do a sequel though. The premise has a LOT o potential I hope they explore in future installments.

The write-up looks pretty good, but there are some things from the 5th edition that could be included to flesh out the write up.

Mainly Autofire skills and Rapid Fire maneuver and Two Weapon Combat (with guns for Selene).

These skills were added to th 5th edition to simulate exactly the kinds of combats and maneuvers they pulled off regularly in Underworld (and The Matrix and most HK/Anime movies) and would fit right in nicely

ah yes... hopefully I'll be able to afford the Fred Book... so I can convert my writeup.

As far as Autofire Skills and Rapid Fire manuver, I'd have to actually read the book to know what those are. But thanks for the feedback Susano, it is very uplifting to get feedback from the master converter! You are my Guru sir! lol

Originally posted by Plastick Hero

We tried an Underworld campaign. It was a dismal failure. Not because it was Underworld, but because the PC’s didn’t know when to retreat. Talk about a bloodbath. Not pretty.

Yeah... things are funny like that. The PC's are grossly outnumbered and have limited ammo, but they refuse to retreat. I guess they don't get that they just need to surivive to get XP :-p

Guest Champsguy

You watched Underworld 3 times? You poor man. I barely managed to sit through it once (I'd have left the theater, but I had people with me and I didn't want to leave them).

I saw every plot twist coming like half an hour in advance.

The writeups look accurate, though. Note that Selene has a few gun tricks (like that whole shooting through the floor thing--Tunnelling), and never runs out of ammo.

You only saw it 3 times?

What kind of fan are you, dude?

I enjoyed it, too. Then again, I didn't go for the neat-o plot (which I already knew before I went). I went for the kewl vampirz and werewolvz, the shoot-em ups, and the butt kicking hottie with big guns.

What's the status of the studio's dispute with White Woilf, who evidently felt the film;s concept was too close to the WoD and, according to what i heard, even tired to file suit to prevent the film's release?

Then again, when movie stuidos have disputes with RPG publishers, the RPG publisher rarely wins. I seem to remmeber a simialr dispute arising over Stargate and its reputed similarities to Fringeworthy -- I don;t know how that was resolved, but the Stargate property is still going strong in Hollywood.