Superhero Images

schir1964

Warpath: Psiko

How evil were Warpath ? Try this for size. Babies went missing or died. When the team investigated we came across this. The amalgamation of the brains of these babies into the Psi Killing Organism or PSIKO for short. It was destroyed but left the Protectors with a real dislike for Warpath.

EDIT: Attachment removed. Available on request

Dr Apocalypse

This is the original Dr Apocalypse and the original picture.

It is a standard template picture that has been inked over.

Drawn and created by Paul Geelan, Apocalypse would usually betray any and everyone.

He was trying to steer the Earth ot of orbit for a race of machines when the Protectors and Brother Death, special agent of the Bravarian Illuminati caught up with him. Brother Death sliced and diced Apocalypse's brains to illustrate that one does not mess with the Bravarian Illuminati. The Protectors at the time did not know that Brother Death worked for the Illuminati. That's their story and they are sticking to it.

Dr Apocalypse mk 4

Dr Apocalypse returned to plague the Protectors several more times after his death. His son took the name and attacked the team; and then Apocalypse's essence was used to power a villain base before he was able to build himself a new body.

Then Dr Apocalypse drained mutant powers from all the world's mutants making him one of the biggest paranormals on the planet and an instant target for Genocide who lost lots of material trying to take him down.

The picture you see here is of Apocalypse at the time he instigated the Four Horseman of Dr Apocalypse and caused a Volcano to appear in Birmingham, England.

The Destroyer

This is a photocopy reduction of the original big nasty of the Campaign, The Destroyer. Star of the first Crisis on Infinite Earth set of scenarioes that Paul Geelan and the main GM ran, the Destroyer was an epic villain and out to destroy all creation. The first time out the combined team beat him eventually.

Created and drawn by Paul Geelan.

The Flame Mk 4

After the Flame lost his powers when several of the villains try to return themselves to normal by removing their powers, he had to find another way to continue fighting crime.

Three battlesuits used against the Protectors were transformed to let the Flame use these for heavy work while a gun and flak vest came into play where mobility and lesser power was called on.

The main GM then rigourously enforced the foci limitation and tried to destroy or ruin the gadgets in every scenario they appeared. Something that was not done to other people.

Ever get the feeling that some people are playing favourites ?

Anyway this is what the Flame was like after losing his powers.

The drawing is by my brother Paul, the concept is by me.

Arakneida daughter of Arak

This was what happened to Arachneida when Daddy Dear (Arak Demon God of the Spiders) activated her true potential.

Spider fangs and extra limbs. Deeply unpleasent of him.

Drawn by my brother Paul.

The main DM who was playing while I was DMing this decided on a quick and dirty method of curing her. Arak was a Lord of Chaos, there was a Champion of Law present. Get one to touch the other and bingo, cured ! Ever seen what happens when postive and negative collide ?

So Arachneida lost her powers and enhanced abilities. And she was quite bitter about it.

The Other Flame

This is another 'hero' called the Flame. Designed by me and drawn by Paul Geelan, what the main DM did not pick up on was that this Flame was working for Genocide.

I did say he was a member of the Diamond Dogs. Which if you listen to the David Bowie song does give it away in the first couple of lines.

The whole look was predicated on making the figure different to the original Flame drawing.

You Can't See The Join Man

An American Pilot who got tangled up with a UFO, YCSTJM was rebuilt by the aliens. Including bits of the plane he was flying......

Due to his partly horrific appearance, the pilot took the name 'You Can't See The Join Man' as a way of trying to make people realise he knew what he looked like and to reassure them. They still freaked. He became bitter and was a villain for a while. Eventually he went to Japan where they gave him a sleeker look as this sheet shows. He also changed his name to Steel Sentinal.

This is the second version of the character sheet and is drawn by my brother Paul from an original by Paul Geelan.

Wavelength: Alpha

I came up with an organization called Wavelength. All members had waves as their powers ie Alpha waves, Beta waves (atomic particles basically), Light, Sound etc.

I settled on a standard uniform for them and my brother Paul drew the result. About half the members were women and the rest were men (they could have been aliens or animals just in case some one wants to make a comment on obviousness).

This is Alpha, one of the female members.

Wavelength: Light

This is one of the male members of Wavelength Light. All the members were built around the concept of wat their wave was so Light had a flash and a Energy Blast. He could also fly.

Most of the group could making them difficult to engage and capture. They were not a great success but they kept going.

Wavelength: Doc Spectrum

This is the head of Wavelength Doc Spectrum. Unlike the rest of his team, his costume is slightly different being black with a rainbow of colour along one side.

He did not make as many appearances as the rest of the team.

However it was enough for Paul Geelan and the main GM to mercilessly rib me with the spoof Waveylength comprising such luminaries as Permanent Wave who made your hair curly and Good Bye Wave whose power sent you flying out of the combat. And then there was Dr ZX81, which was a computer predecessor to the Spectrum.

Universo

This was the first mega villain of the main GM of the campaign. Simple costume and many of you may have seen something similar or used something similar. Best thing about the guy was the costume.

The problem with this guy was many fold. High CVs, high powered and high defenses. And this was at the start of the campaign. Oh 10d6 Entangle is along the lines of what I mean by problems. And there is the matter of little or no disads that you can take advantage of, such as no vulnerabilities or hunteds other than the team. And then overused.

after some complaints the vllain was revised but it still left a bad taste in the mouth. And unfortunately the GM did not learn his lesson. A new mega-villain came in called Necromancer who was overused. Try several unlinked scenarioes on the trot with him appearing each time.

Dr Density

Dr Density was a brick who also had ego powers but nothing too gross. Unlike Spirit who was a teammate.

Density was created and drawn by Paul Geelan. However the main GM liked Dr Demsity and Paul liked Moonlight Shadow so the pair swapped characters.

Unlike the Wolverine rip off Wolfclaw that the main GM would play, he never once played Dr Density badly. Density was a mutant who never rammed that fact down people's throats.

He was a goody goody and really thank whoever for that. It was always a pleasure to run up against this guy.

Later versions had a cloak but this is the original picture.

Lightray

From one of the most loved members of the Protectors to the most hated. Lightray was supposed to be going straight when he joined the team. Instead of which he assisted in an attempt to kill us.

I really like the design on this sheet which is why I am including it. Drawn by the main GM.

This is the secod of two pictures of Cat. I had her history up, and her character sheet with picture online, and a then acquiantence (now friend) saw it, and went home and read her history and background and felt inspired (as he said) and came in with this picture of Cat- as he put it "I made some changes, you can think of it as Black Cat the animated series or something).