Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Actually you got it pretty close. I always pictured him with an Orange bodysuit and the red cape, cowl, boots, and gloves, with a gold belt. The green is not bad. The drawing I based him off was black and white so... Or was it yellow bodysuit with Orange accessories.... eitherway that was darn close...

Wow. The zip format makes us jump through a couple of extra hoops to view this' date=' but it's worth it. What a terrific picture.[/quote']

Thanks for the compliment. The zip format seemed to be the only way to get it below the limit in order to send it. I would like to send more but what I have saved so far is a tad over the the 1 MB max. How do I fix this ?

Thanks for the compliment. The zip format seemed to be the only way to get it below the limit in order to send it. I would like to send more but what I have saved so far is a tad over the the 1 MB max. How do I fix this ?

Werehawk, could you give me some guidelines on color. This one is just a test. I've got some gaps that need to fixed.

Werehawk' date=' could you give me some guidelines on color. This one is just a test. I've got some gaps that need to fixed.[/quote']

Whiteraven's outfit is predominantly white (hence the name). The bird design is white and stretches to her lower torso. The "V", belt, and side stripe are Maroon. Her gloves and boots are Midnight Blue. Her helmet is metallic with Midnight blue on top with a white center stripe, Maroon over the eyes and white in the lower part of the helmet. She is a light hued Blonde. Her wings are white as well.

BTW, what did you use to colour this? I'm used to just hand colouring with markers. I have Photoshop and Paintshop but having difficulty transfering my art training to computer techniques.

I like this attempt a lot. I wasn't expecting this, but, I'm pleasantly suprised by this. Nice work.

Whiteraven's outfit is predominantly white (hence the name).

I figured, but since you had so detail in the suit, I wasn't sure what needed to be highlighted.

The bird design is white and stretches to her lower torso.

Good Lord!! I never even noticed the bird design until you mentioned and I went back looked at my colorization. Sometimes I can't see the forest for the trees. (8^D)

Now some of detail lines make perfect sense. (8^D)

The "V"' date=' belt, and side stripe are Maroon. Her gloves and boots are Midnight Blue. Her helmet is metallic with Midnight blue on top with a white center stripe, Maroon over the eyes and white in the lower part of the helmet. She is a light hued Blonde. Her wings are white as well.[/quote']

Nice detail.

BTW' date=' what did you use to colour this? I'm used to just hand colouring with markers. I have Photoshop and Paintshop but having difficulty transfering my art training to computer techniques.[/quote']

I use Photoshop, and I don't paint or draw so the technique I use doesn't require any of that. Patience for cutting up the picture is required.

Here are the steps I follow:

1) Cut each piece of the picture out and place it in it's own layer. The order of layers is those parts of the picture that are farthest in the background are on the lower layers, while those that are closest in the picture are highest layers. This allows for layering of different clothing to be place on top of other parts of clothing and so forth.

2) For each layer (piece of the picture) I want to color I do the following. First I duplicate that layer so if I mess up I have the original layer to use again. Second I use the Gradient Map function to change the color of that layer. This means I can choose the color of the line details (usually black), and then choose the color of the filler (color as needed). You can even add additional color changes if more than two are needed. Anyway, the Gradient Map allows you to color it as vividly as you want without losing any detail.

Onces step one is done properly, changing colors and styles of the image takes less than 10 minutes usually, depending on the complexity of the image.

I could email you the psd file with all my steps done so you could see how I ended up with the final picture if you want

I like this attempt a lot. I wasn't expecting this' date=' but, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Nice work.[/quote']

Thanks, you image was excellent and worthy of the extra time to colorize it. (8^D)

BTW: How did you like the sky and clouds?

- Christopher Mullins

Actually you got it pretty close. I always pictured him with an Orange bodysuit and the red cape' date=' cowl, boots, and gloves, with a gold belt. The green is not bad. The drawing I based him off was black and white so... Or was it yellow bodysuit with Orange accessories.... eitherway that was darn close...[/quote']

But I thouhgt you liked mine, da best, and you told me white body suit...:weep::cry:

:rofl: Just given ya a hard time. ;)

Millenium Girl 1

Drawn by Werehawk

Colorized by Christopher Mullins

I love this drawing. Don't know why, but I just do.

This is what I have so far. Any ideas for the rest?

Her hair is a reddish auburn. Her face is light blue (like an Andorians's)

She wears a very dark blue body armour with white and gold highlights. Her cloak and shoal are ruby red with the cloak outlined in yellow. The clasp on her shoal is gold with various colored crystals on it.

Millennium Girl is a alien abductee from the 21st century and awakened in the 31st century. I wanted to show the loneliness she constantly feels as she looks off towards where her life used to be. I like how the brick colored out cropping emphysises that as she stands on this relic of her past.

Why not use a standard image format: PNG or JPG?

My brother just taught me how to compress the images. so here goes(fingers now crossed)...

[ATTACH]19190[/ATTACH] This is Red Falcon. A member of the GDI's Sapphire Squad. He has a KGB past and questionable motives for joining the GDI. Simply put, watch your back when he is nearby.