Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

His suit is predominantly red with a white insignia The left hand side of him is black as are his gloves and boots.The piping seperating the two is white and metallic gold. The metal on the gloves and boots is gold (closer to USC's color) The mask is white over the eyes and black over the mouth with red eyes. he has sandy blonde hair. the objects on his abdoman are white- gold- white.

Werehawk, you're killing me! (8^D)

No more sports refererences. (8^D)

I'm not a sports guy. After reading your post the tenth time, I finally realized that USC was probably some sports team. I haven't a clue as to what color or shade that might be. (8^D)

I'll have something later tonight though. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

Okay, here's my latest. I am not really truely happy with him. I think the coat should have more layers flow in the wind sort of thing. And don't even get me started on the helmet. I almost snagged a picture of Ash from IMAGE as he basically wears a modified firefighter uniform but I couldn't get te right art. Here's my player's unnamed hero.

Oh, and if any of our resident colorists want to have a crack at him, his helmet and boots are red. The Helmet has a silver face plate and the trim around said face plate is white. The helmet also is gold in that crest? The plane on the front above the bill.

his gloves are black his pants are gray and his jacket is white with red trim at the collar and the line down his torso...the Belt I am thinking just a dark gray.

What is it with you guys and having white as a major part of the costume? (8^D)

Your heroes must have enormous laundry bills! (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

It's just a look I like Black & White with colored trim is cool. Too much colore seems to not work for me...I don't know why...

Oh, and if any of our resident colorists want to have a crack at him, his helmet and boots are red. The Helmet has a silver face plate and the trim around said face plate is white. The helmet also is gold in that crest? The plane on the front above the bill.

his gloves are black his pants are gray and his jacket is white with red trim at the collar and the line down his torso...the Belt I am thinking just a dark gray.

Like this?

Re: Been a long time.....

since I posted' date=' but this is a simple drawing of my character in a game at Herocentral....Yoshikawa Kyoji......a ninja with origami powers that mimic things in nature....for instance....his "sword" is a Mantis claw....[/quote']

That's awsome! It's been awhile since I've seen some of your stuff.

Re: Been a long time.....

since I posted' date=' but this is a simple drawing of my character in a game at Herocentral....Yoshikawa Kyoji......a ninja with origami powers that mimic things in nature....for instance....his "sword" is a Mantis claw....[/quote']

Very nice. The helmet is very cool looking. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH]19780[/ATTACH] This is Kraken. Second in Command to Force Aquarius. A Norwegian diver who is battle testing a highly advanced dive suit and is not to thrilled about being second banana in the outfit.

[ATTACH]19781[/ATTACH] This is Narwahl. One of Kraken's best friends who is forever attached to an alien symbiot that doubles Kraken's capabilities. he is also a member of Force Aquarius.

[ATTACH]19838[/ATTACH This is Sea Drake, another member of Force Aquaruius. She is a nautical metamorph who can swim at high speeds and breath underwater in her human form plus she can turn into a watery form when bodily harm is imminent. Frightening abilities for a very frightened and withdrawn young Englishgirl.

This is really rough, but I wanted to get your impression Werehawk, I was inspired by the 'organic' feel to Narwahl and wanted to see if I could do an organic coloring of what I think is the symbiot. What do you think? Feel free to tell me I got the colors all wrong and such, I am more looking for the 'effect' of the coloring.

EDIT: Removed pic see below for the updated version.

Guest bblackmoor

I bought a copy of the game "City Of Heroes" yesterday, not for the game (although I probably will play it for a while), but for the character creator. I had a pet project for a while to create an open source (free) character artwork designer in Java using SVG files, but by myself the project just never got anywhere. The character designer in City Of Heroes is the best character designer I have seen (I do not like the drawing created by HeroMachine). It's not perfect, of course: there are a lot of costume designs that it doesn't have. And it's expensive ($15 per month). Even so, $15 a month is cheaper than paying someone like Storn to draw characters for me.

This is really rough' date=' but I wanted to get your impression Werehawk, I was inspired by the 'organic' feel to Narwahl and wanted to see if I could do an organic coloring of what I think is the symbiot. What do you think? Feel free to tell me I got the colors all wrong and such, I am more looking for the 'effect' of the coloring.[/quote']

Dang, I still have to spread rep around before repping you, how much longer can this take!? Excellent pics!

I bought a copy of the game "City Of Heroes" yesterday' date=' not for the game (although I probably will play it for a while), but for the character creator. I had a pet project for a while to create an open source (free) character artwork designer in Java using SVG files, but by myself the project just never got anywhere. The character designer in City Of Heroes is the best character designer I have seen (I do not like the drawing created by HeroMachine). It's not perfect, of course: there are a lot of costume designs that it doesn't have. And it's expensive ($15 per month). Even so, $15 a month is cheaper than paying someone like Storn to draw characters for me.[/quote']

Yeah, I have considered signing back up for that purpose. I could really make more/better villain stuff. I really wish they'd sell a desktop version of some sort, or even just the outfit/look designer. Nothing against Hero Machine or whatever that was, but those come out a little too generic, not enough options.

This is really rough' date=' but I wanted to get your impression Werehawk, I was inspired by the 'organic' feel to Narwahl and wanted to see if I could do an organic coloring of what I think is the symbiot. What do you think? Feel free to tell me I got the colors all wrong and such, I am more looking for the 'effect' of the coloring.[/quote']

I did not think of an afterglow effect on the "organic material" that traverses his body.Very nice. When I was designing him,I wanted to make a break from the cooler colours that I was using up to that point. His basic suit is dark red and the organic details are that of a bone-like colour. I can see a white phosphorus glow on him using your idea. His weapons lance also has the bone- like details but the base colour is purple.

I bought a copy of the game "City Of Heroes" yesterday' date=' not for the game (although I probably will play it for a while), but for the character creator. I had a pet project for a while to create an open source (free) character artwork designer in Java using SVG files, but by myself the project just never got anywhere. The character designer in City Of Heroes is the best character designer I have seen (I do not like the drawing created by HeroMachine). It's not perfect, of course: there are a lot of costume designs that it doesn't have. And it's expensive ($15 per month). Even so, $15 a month is cheaper than paying someone like Storn to draw characters for me.[/quote']

I remember your project. I'm sorry that I couldn't contribute anything to it, but my artistic talents are very sub-par. You had done a fair amount IIRC.

I did not think of an afterglow effect on the "organic material" that traverses his body.Very nice. When I was designing him' date='I wanted to make a break from the cooler colours that I was using up to that point. His basic suit is dark red and the organic details are that of a bone-like colour. I can see a white phosphorus glow on him using your idea. His weapons lance also has the bone- like details but the base colour is purple.[/quote']

Oh! I can see that. I'll have to give that a shot. I'm not sure how to get a white glow against a white background so it may mean coloring the background... I'll have to put some thought into that and see what I come up with.