Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

I’d like to throw my hat into the arena. I’ll have a few free days this week and wouldn’t mind doing a piece on commission.

A sample of my work can be found

HERE

You know ... I'm surprised that you don't submit stuff to Hero Jerry. You're stuff's pretty solid :)

I almost did once but I couldn’t justify working on someone else’s book while working feverishly on my own. I was working on a project called Tarot back in the day. It never saw the light of day sadly so none of my work ever got published. This was back when Bruce Harlick was editor some 10-15 years ago.

Maybe one day ill submit some stuff

[ATTACH]19913[/ATTACH]

This is Whalerider, the only member of Force Aquarius who hails from the Pacific. This New Zealander has the power to control the minds of cetateans (whales and dolphins) and can be of value when numbers are not in the team's favour. He also is the calming influence when the team's leader and second are at odds with each other (which is often).

Playing with watercolors

Hi again,

This is a pic of a character that I drew probably a couple of years ago. I was never really satisfied with it, but I liked the way the cape flowed. I pulled it out a couple of days ago, and painted it with watercolors...a different medium for me. The background completely faded when I scanned it, she's supposed to be hovering in the clouds....sigh.....anyway, this is Liberty...and for Herophiles....her "starred" harness, is a psychic energy absorption harness which absorbs the ambient feelings of the people/crowd around her, and turns it into heightened abilities, so if she has a lot of public support, or "american spirit" as it were, she becomes more powerful.

Re: Playing with watercolors

Hi again,

This is a pic of a character that I drew probably a couple of years ago. I was never really satisfied with it, but I liked the way the cape flowed. I pulled it out a couple of days ago, and painted it with watercolors...a different medium for me. The background completely faded when I scanned it, she's supposed to be hovering in the clouds....sigh.....anyway, this is Liberty...and for Herophiles....her "starred" harness, is a psychic energy absorption harness which absorbs the ambient feelings of the people/crowd around her, and turns it into heightened abilities, so if she has a lot of public support, or "american spirit" as it were, she becomes more powerful.

Just as a note for those who may be concerned about it. Two points: First, "Properly" the American flag should not be used as an article of clothing. However, being a comic book type of character that could be let go. Second, whenever the flag is displayed (or worn as a cloak) the blue field and stars should be at the top right as it is viewed (or intended to be viewed). A "Patriot" type of hero would certainly display the flag correctly if they were going to display it at all.

Not intended as criticism, just for your future reference.

[ATTACH]19913[/ATTACH]

This is Whalerider, the only member of Force Aquarius who hails from the Pacific. This New Zealander has the power to control the minds of cetateans (whales and dolphins) and can be of value when numbers are not in the team's favour. He also is the calming influence when the team's leader and second are at odds with each other (which is often).

Got a color scheme for him?

Yeah, I already knew that....

Just as a note for those who may be concerned about it. Two points: First, "Properly" the American flag should not be used as an article of clothing. However, being a comic book type of character that could be let go. Second, whenever the flag is displayed (or worn as a cloak) the blue field and stars should be at the top right as it is viewed (or intended to be viewed). A "Patriot" type of hero would certainly display the flag correctly if they were going to display it at all.

Not intended as criticism, just for your future reference.

Being a former Marine, I'm quite acquainted with Patriotism and the "proper" use of the flag...and yes it did occur to me to put the stars on the top....I just didn't want to redraw the whole flag.......but thanks for your input on the overall drawing of a comic book character....

Got a color scheme for him?

Basic suit is Black, the "v" is beige and the mid-torso stripes are white and olive green respectively. The belt is brown leather with gold circles and iron gray squares. The rings on the forearms and legs are gold. He is a New Zealander of Maori heritage.

In case anybody is wondering, yes, the movie was the insperation for this character even though I have yet to see it.

Re: Playing with watercolors

Hi again,

Looks Great! I'd go on record as saying her face isn't as good as most of your later work but the costume and pose leave little to be desired. A good effort!

Basic suit is Black, the "v" is beige and the mid-torso stripes are white and olive green respectively. The belt is brown leather with gold circles and iron gray squares. The rings on the forearms and legs are gold. He is a New Zealander of Maori heritage.

In case anybody is wondering, yes, the movie was the insperation for this character even though I have yet to see it.

There are a lot of different skin tones for the Maori, so I went with a middle tone, hopefully it was what you were thinking of.

I'm not sure I got the beige and olive correct, but they are easy enough to tweak, and if you happen to have color samples post them and I can match them.

Hopefully this is close to what you were envisioning overall.

There are a lot of different skin tones for the Maori, so I went with a middle tone, hopefully it was what you were thinking of.

I'm not sure I got the beige and olive correct, but they are easy enough to tweak, and if you happen to have color samples post them and I can match them.

THat looks real nice Mr. Miller!

Sea Lord (v1)

Drawn by Werehawk

Colorized by Christopher Mullins

Finally got around to working on this one.

Werehawk, let me know what the proper colors should be.

You're going to hate me two-fold but I can't help it.

First of all,his basic suit is white, his gloves ,mask,right arm, and boots are midnight blue. The various "strings" on the uniform(and here is the second reason you're going to hate me) are gold in which the shade is similar to the helmets on the San Francisco 49ers or the New Orleans Saints (NFL Teams).

I loosely modeled him on the gentleman that played Jango Fett and the the various clone troopers in the last two "Star Wars" films because I read he was from New Zealand and is of Maori heritage.

As for the colourizing, You got it right. Hats off to ya'