Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Actually, only her hands and feet are white. Her basic suit is powder blue with gold trim (orange-yellow shade) as is the tops of her gloves and boots.

The "segments" within the trim and on her chest is midnight blue. Her mask is is also midnight blue with glod eyes. She is a firey redhead.

Finally made it home and able to fire up the computer again...

Anyway, is this what you were talking about? I wasn't sure if I got the segments correct.

Finally made it home and able to fire up the computer again...

Anyway, is this what you were talking about? I wasn't sure if I got the segments correct.

You got the segments right on the money. My only problems are that the forearms and shins on the boots are gold as well as the belt( you might have mistaken it for movement between her lower torso and waist which I seem to not have clarified visually in the drawing).

I had a lighter shade of blue in mind in her basic suit, but,this works better.

Yeah' date=' and no sports team references either. :D[/quote']

The colorist in question is from California and being from Ohio State(Collage Football) and Cleveland Browns(NFL) country, I know how to phrase answers to someone who maybe on the wrong end of a heated rivalry,especially when I don't know whose side he is on to begin with. So, I stayed away from asking for USC's shade of gold(which I wanted) or UCLA's(which is Sealord's).

You got the segments right on the money. My only problems are that the forearms and shins on the boots are gold as well as the belt( you might have mistaken it for movement between her lower torso and waist which I seem to not have clarified visually in the drawing).

I had a lighter shade of blue in mind in her basic suit, but,this works better.

Ok. I misread your description apparently, and yup I totally missed the belt.

This better?

The colorist in question is from California and being from Ohio State(Collage Football) and Cleveland Browns(NFL) country' date=' I know how to phrase answers to someone who maybe on the wrong end of a heated rivalry,especially when I don't know whose side he is on to begin with. So, I stayed away from asking for USC's shade of gold(which I wanted) or UCLA's(which is Sealord's).[/quote']

Actually I don't take things like that as any kind of challenge or whatnot. I actually prefer the sport team colors because that allows me to more accurately match the colors.

I suffer from the 8 crayola color syndrome. You know, the one where there is really only 8 colors. ;)

[ATTACH]20051[/ATTACH]

This is Skate. The teenage daughter of Force Aquarius's leader,Torpedo Ray. A Texan with a need for speed and a sweet sub fighter to fit that need.Unlike the introverted Sea Drake, Skate has a "don't mess with Texas"attitude. The two kids are the opposite of extremes but there is no mistake that they are the best of friends.

I have been thinking about this all afternoon, and I believe the aforementioned 4th Ed Sourcebook was Alien Enemies. Could any of your more prodigious Herophiles help me out here?

The Champ character was the first brick I ever remember seeing with Missile Deflection as a bouncing bullets SFX.

Yes, The Champ is from Alien Enemies. He's an alien gladiator who became too popular back home, so they sent him to Earth to remove him as a focus for possible unrest. He's got a completely unrealistic and naive world-view which boils down to, "People shouldn't be poor." And, he's designed to be wildly aggravating, with the Fully Invisible Missile Deflection ("My attacks are just bouncing off of him and I don't know why!"), the extra armor that kicks in only when he's below 10 STUN and good amounts of KB resistance and Lack of Weakness. Plus, where other characters got a 'Villain Bonus' or 'Experience Points', he got a 'Pain-in-the-Neck Bonus'... :sneaky:

Yes' date=' The Champ is from Alien Enemies. He's an alien gladiator who became too popular back home, so they sent him to Earth to remove him as a focus for possible unrest. [b']He's got a completely unrealistic and naive world-view which boils down to, "People shouldn't be poor."[/b] And, he's designed to be wildly aggravating, with the Fully Invisible Missile Deflection ("My attacks are just bouncing off of him and I don't know why!"), the extra armor that kicks in only when he's below 10 STUN and good amounts of KB resistance and Lack of Weakness. Plus, where other characters got a 'Villain Bonus' or 'Experience Points', he got a 'Pain-in-the-Neck Bonus'... :sneaky:

I don't know about completely unrealistic worldview. There was a Senator, in the 1960's I believe, who uttered the words: "I will not rest until everyone in this country has an ABOVE AVERAGE INCOME!" Far more unrealistic, and betrays a total ignorance of basic math.:D

I always loved (to hate) The Champ. My GM used to bring him in as a GM-PC from time to time, when we needed a brick. I always wanted to behead him, and my character was just the one to do it......

I don't know about completely unrealistic worldview. There was a Senator, in the 1960's I believe, who uttered the words: "I will not rest until everyone in this country has an ABOVE AVERAGE INCOME!" Far more unrealistic, and betrays a total ignorance of basic math.:D

I always loved (to hate) The Champ. My GM used to bring him in as a GM-PC from time to time, when we needed a brick. I always wanted to behead him, and my character was just the one to do it......

Well, did he say what average he was comparing to? I think we're pretty close if we compare to the average Pacific Island person still living in tribal conditions... :D

[ATTACH]20051[/ATTACH]

This is Skate. The teenage daughter of Force Aquarius's leader,Torpedo Ray. A Texan with a need for speed and a sweet sub fighter to fit that need.Unlike the introverted Sea Drake, Skate has a "don't mess with Texas"attitude. The two kids are the opposite of extremes but there is no mistake that they are the best of friends.

This is what I have so far... For some reason her suit look red and gold with metalic accents to me, but what is the color scheme you have in mind, and what color is the ship?

EDIT: Updated pic below.

This is what I have so far... For some reason her suit look red and gold with metalic accents to me' date=' but what is the color scheme you have in mind, and what color is the ship?[/quote']

I'd like to see your version. It wouldn't be too far fetched that she would have different suits hanging in her locker since part of her personnality is that of a chlothes horse (She is Sixteen with a rich mother after all).

Her shirt is white as is her arms. Her sholders and top of her chest are midnight blue with a gold skate emblem(USC's shade) Gloves and boots are black. Her leggings are teal,midnight blue,teal with a gold skate on the sides. Her harness is metallic gold as well as her armbands. Her hair is brown.

As far as the ship is concerned, I have not given it much thought. Being her father is an ex-Navy spec-ops officer and would very much like to keep his little girl in one piece, I was leaning towards two possibilities: One aims towards a similar look to the F-117 stealth fighters and the other using a wave-like camoflage. I let you decide.

Guest bblackmoor

I bought a copy of the game "City Of Heroes" yesterday' date=' not for the game (although I probably will play it for a while), but for the character creator. ... It's not perfect, of course: there are a lot of costume designs that it doesn't have. And it's expensive ($15 per month). Even so, $15 a month is cheaper than paying someone like Storn to draw characters for me.[/quote']

Well, the bloom is off the rose. After a month, I am tired of City Of Heroes. You know, the box says it's a "role-playing game", but calling a computer a game a "role-playing game" is like calling soy juice "milk". It just isn't. As a computer game, it's okay, but I can't see playing this month after month like some people do. I'd rather play Knights Of The Old Republic over and over again.

I am still impressed by the character creator, despite its deficiencies.[1] [2] [3] I will hold off cancelling the account for a while so I can crank out a few dozen character illustrations. I wish someone had a crack that would let me access the character design screen without having to actually log into a server. Or, even better, I wish I had access to a brilliant 3D artist who'd do all of my character designs in full color for free. :)

Ah, well.

You know' date=' the box says it's a "role-playing game",[/quote']

Actually, it doesn't claim to be that on my box. It says "massively multiplayer online game." The words "role-playing game" don't appear anywhere, at all, on the box.

That said, I don't believe in PC RPGs. The console/pc world considers RPG to mean "my character advances the more I play" which is nothing like our tabletop definition.

I am still impressed by the character creator' date=' despite its deficiencies.[/quote']

Yeah, it's a nice tool for those of us with no artistic talent at all. Some of the missing stuff you get later - for example, you can get a cape at level 20 - and other options are only available if you also buy City of Villains (lab coats, for example). Nice racket they got.

So far as it being a role-playing game, it isn't by default. The only way to make it so is to join a role-playing supergroup, of which there are a few. I think most of them are concentrated on Virtue, which the beta test folks decided to make the unofficial RP server at launch.

Guest bblackmoor

Actually' date=' it doesn't claim to be that on my box. It says "massively multiplayer online game."[/quote']

Son of a gun: you're absolutely right. You know, I feel much better knowing that. :)

(I'd give you "rep" for pointing that out, but the rep links do not appear to be working. Is it just me, or is that happening to others, as well?)

Son of a gun: you're absolutely right. You know' date=' I feel much better knowing that. :)[/quote']

The most fun is to be had with making a good group of friends, adventuring, and just enjoying the changes in the game as you progress. And alts. I love alts.

Virtue is the unofficial RP server. It's not that hard to find RPers if you look. But we all have different opinions on what constitutes "good RP."

Also, if you're going to cancel but need the char creator, I suggest making variations of all white costumes (with gloves, without, etc) so that you can just keep reprinting them and adding your own costume lines and colors in (if you have a tool like Photoshop, just tinting over it will look just like the in game colors... because all it is in-game is colored light focused on the avatar). It won't be as good, but you can get a lot of use out of nice generic paper dolls (even run some around town so you can get some shots with backgrounds and stuff).

Guest bblackmoor

I have decided to hang onto it for now, just for the charater designer. I will probably play once in a while, but it takes so long to accomplish anything, and even on Virtue (which is where I have been playing) role-playing is such a scarce commodity I don't think I am going to bother looking for it anymore.

I'd like to see your version. It wouldn't be too far fetched that she would have different suits hanging in her locker since part of her personnality is that of a chlothes horse (She is Sixteen with a rich mother after all).

Her shirt is white as is her arms. Her sholders and top of her chest are midnight blue with a gold skate emblem(USC's shade) Gloves and boots are black. Her leggings are teal,midnight blue,teal with a gold skate on the sides. Her harness is metallic gold as well as her armbands. Her hair is brown.

As far as the ship is concerned, I have not given it much thought. Being her father is an ex-Navy spec-ops officer and would very much like to keep his little girl in one piece, I was leaning towards two possibilities: One aims towards a similar look to the F-117 stealth fighters and the other using a wave-like camoflage. I let you decide.

Finally had a chance to finish this up. You didn't mention the helmet so I made it the same as the ship.

Here's a shot of Lodestone, the main heroine from my Omniverse fiction section of my website (see link in signature for the way). She's a magnetic powered, second generation hero - her parents were Magnet and Steel.

http://members.aol.com/champsgm/lodestone-by-ewebb.jpg

Here's my HeroMaker version of her, for color comparisons:

http://members.aol.com/champsgm/lodestone.jpg

• 2 weeks later...