Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

I just skipped through her pages and I must admit that it is really beautiful.

Thank you for sharing the link.

She rocks. Thanks for sharing

You're both welcome. I personally can't draw anything worthwhile, so I was thoroughly impressed with the character art; with everything that's been done since..."Wow."

The Hero Machine programs/sites come in handy for for we artistically-impaired, though.

• 1 month later...

I realize that this bump is slightly necromantic,

but there are a _lot_ of us that don't draw. A recent computer issue cost me my collection of mannequins (sorry; I believe most of y'all call them "Silhouettes;" my group named them "mannequins" before we had an internet to keep in touch with other gamers. :). At any rate, I am, of course, referring to those generic "blank" poses that allow us untalented types to provide character sketches, etc.

Once upon a time, I had several hundred (including the Original Eight that Mark Williams gifted to us in the Second Edition), but they are now gone. I've been scrambling the web looking for material (not copyrighted material; I have scruples and I stand by them ;) ). So far, I'm coming up light, but I _did_ find these:

http://bestdesignoptions.com/?p=1542

And thought I'd share the link with other gamers who might be as artistically disabled as I am. One caveat:

These are _truly_ silhouettes. That is, they are blacked-in shadow outlines of people. This is fairly easy to overcome, of course, with minimum photoshopping, and they are currently being offered free to download. There are several, but there seems to be no real "index:" you'll have to keep checking the thumbnails at the bottom of each link to see what you do and don't like.

I apologize profusely if I've totally missed the point of this thread. I _have_ been gone for a couple of years ;)

You would like some portraits? I believe to the best of my knowledge that all of the scans I have are from previous Hero character sheets, GURPS character sheets, or created by others for free distribution. I have had them for a very long time and cannot remember the exact sources they all came from so if anyone knows otherwise please let me know.

I have 334 character outlines (possibly some duplicates) in a 5.18MB zip file. Since it is too big to post here, you'll need to contact me and I'll send them to you.

Also, don't forget that Hero Games sells a Character Templates collection that is quite good as well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...