Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

OK I havn't posted here in Eons. I used to draw and color by hand, then began colorign on the Computer... Now I've moved into 3d, so its all in the computer. I used to be a bit of a snob AGAINST 3d art, but now... I am a pretty big fan.

Let me know what you think

1st up is an old Champions character back from 1st Ed

Cursader (yes I stole him) - using him as my 'Batman' type hero for a Dark Champions: the Animated Series campaign - with him is his 1st partner Squire (from the campaign background)

the 2nd pic of CRusader is his curent (in this campaign) costume (and a better job on the texture if you ask me)

Lastly here are the newestr Recuirts for his fledgling Crimefighting team, the Hudson City Knight (yeah I stole that too - LOL)

Also a close up of the New Squire to show the detail on the suit - I really like how it came out.

and Finally Squire II in action (WIP - need to add lighting ect...)

Oh yeah I did patern the costumes off of the Movie X-men

This is Azrael. She is the Angel of Death.

She's been a character I've been working on for nearly two decades in terms of conceptualization and stories.

Many, many years ago, I was trying to understand a something. The Angel of Death helps guide those who die toward the light to cross over into the afterlife. The problem with this is that the Angel of Death is almost always portrayed as a skeleton in a hooded cloak.

Rational would indicate that regardless of how warm and fuzzy the light at the end of the tunnel might be, a cloaked skeleton wielding a scythe the size of a small New England town, would be more than sufficient to counter-act the pull of the aforementioned light.

So, I began to wonder what must the Angel of Death have to look like to draw people toward the light. My interpretation for Azrael was born.

Now many years later the character concept has been much more thoroughly fleshed out (no pun intended). She is only a biblical figure in terms of being nearly mythical in abilities to mortals. As she likes to jest about her existence by saying “The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world she doesn’t exist.”

Being a long-time player, it was inevitable for me to want to create her in the HERO system – strictly as an NPC. Her write up is still a work in progress. She's taken me well over 400 hours of work to get her to this point visually. Imagine the breaking news when she revealed herself to the world. Here is her first interview in the December 2012 edition of Time Magazine.

Enjoy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37813[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]37814[/ATTACH]OK here is my latest work for my curent campaign. Running a version of the Hudson City Knights - usign the old school Champions character Crusader - 1st one is the full pic, the next is a mock up of a Suplement cover (if there was one)

Wow looks really good' date=' but wasn't Crusader's costume gold and brown?[/quote']

To be perfectly honest I only have black & whip pics of him in my old books. but I always thought it was blue &black, or Blue & White there might have been a color pic of him someplace but can't remember - will look (I have used him in a # of campaigns over the years and used the Blue/Black coloring)

To be perfectly honest I only have black & whip pics of him in my old books. but I always thought it was blue &black' date=' or Blue & White there might have been a color pic of him someplace but can't remember - will look (I have used him in a # of campaigns over the years and used the Blue/Black coloring)[/quote']

OK I think your thinkign of Foxbat - still havn't found a Pic (color) of Crusader there was a Darkchampions (4th ed) suplement that rewrote him and I think it had a color pic of him - still looking

Crusader was blue and red in the First & Second edition Champions & when Dark Champions came out and he was ret-conned to Hudson City, his costume became black & grey.

Wildcat AWESOME picture emphasis on the awesome. That just became my laptop's background. I to have used Crusader in a Dark Champions Animated run as the aging hero who pulls all the new heros (player characters) into the Underworld. Please post some game stories on the Dark Champs forum. And please post more art.

Crusader was blue and red in the First & Second edition Champions & when Dark Champions came out and he was ret-conned to Hudson City, his costume became black & grey.

Wildcat AWESOME picture emphasis on the awesome. That just became my laptop's background. I to have used Crusader in a Dark Champions Animated run as the aging hero who pulls all the new heros (player characters) into the Underworld. Please post some game stories on the Dark Champs forum. And please post more art.

Thanx Hawknight the game jsut began 1/5 we're still getting it all sortted out - char backgrounds ect... they have gone on 1 patrol so far, and have learned some interesting tidbits about the campaign's history and why Crusader & Partisan (his former partner) are no longer together.

Have to agree with that file corruption in the ol' noggin. I even dusted off my old fourth edition rule book to prove how right I was. Darn it the book says he has a blue shield. I have no idea how I confused him with Foxbat. Glad to know I am not the only one mixing up charatcers phookz.