Superhero Images

schir1964

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Superhero Images

With Black Falcon' date=' I'm wondering what are the metal collars around her forearms? And oh, yes, which Cathedral is that?[/quote']

The artists have kinda run away with those. Its really just part of the steel gauntlets she wears.

I haven't bothered to correct any artist and they just kinda got exaggerated.

As long as it doesn't detract from the character, I'm OK with it.

Electralite was done by John Becaro on DeviantArt

Mindstorm and Dr Density are by Rhardo on DeviantArt.

If you look for Mindstorm on DeviantArt you should find the picture and then get to Rhardo that way.

To get to John Becaro you could again use Mindstorm to check the favourites. I am there and use the link to get to my profile and favorites. Find Electralite as it will be one of the newer ones and thence to John Becaro.

• 3 weeks later...

Electralite was done by John Becaro on DeviantArt

Mindstorm and Dr Density are by Rhardo on DeviantArt.

If you look for Mindstorm on DeviantArt you should find the picture and then get to Rhardo that way.

To get to John Becaro you could again use Mindstorm to check the favourites. I am there and use the link to get to my profile and favorites. Find Electralite as it will be one of the newer ones and thence to John Becaro.

Just found your site and faved all your characters.

DA is such a resource for GMs! So many original characters. I can just print one out and say, you see THIS guy flying towards you. A good deal of my favs are with that in mind, the problem is I now have so many pages of stuff!

Hers my latest approval sketch for BF. another color piece coming up.

sketchp.jpg

Here's a pair of commissions I got from an artist named Kris Smith. Both are actual Golden Age comic characters.

The first one is Mirror Man, who wore a cloak that allowed him to teleport through mirrors and other glass-like surfaces:

th_mirrormanv2.jpg

The second one is Wonder Man, the first official rip off of Superman. He only appeared once before the company who owned him stopped using him when they got hit with a lawsuit:

th_wondermanv2masked.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I must be getting older. My first reaction upon seeing the bosom above wasn't "Wow! Wotta rack!" but "Careful girl! Your boobs look like they're about to pop!" I find that the older I get, and the more actual breasts I see, the more I can appreciate a bosom that shows the effects of time and gravity (and genetics, too).

If you were to raise the point-of-attachment of the upper part of the breasts on the ribcage and lower the center of mass for her "prow" I think they'd look more naturally integrated with the rest of her physique. Right now, they look like they were added as an afterthought, and positioned more to give everyone a view than with an eye to human anatomy.

I know this may impose something of a hardship upon you, but I suggest you study unretouched photographs of nekkid women (and on a more serious note, books on human anatomy) to get a more natural appearance. Actually, the rest of her is just about perfect.

Good work!

Picky, picky... there's just no satisfying some people (:snicker:).

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

• 1 month later...