Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Thanks Enforcer. Got some new stuff from Dan Houser, who is the line artist for ICONS. He's been doing these projects called Hero Pack, where you can contribute your own Hero/Villain, etc, to become part of the official ICONS "universe". The 3rd one was supposed to be all space/cosmic heroes originally, so I decided to contribute to it. I came up with The Tomorrow Squad, a group of heroes from the 1950's. All of them gained powers related to Aliens, and the group's mission is to prevent Earth from being conquered in the future by an unknown alien race. Dan went with a more Kirby-esque style for these, which I think came out pretty cool. So I figured I'd share these with everyone.

First up is Doc Future. Contacted by his future self about the alien invaders, Doc Future gained the ability to manipulate time around him when the time warp he used to get home was blasted by an alien energy weapon. Now he leads the Tomorrow Squad in an attempt to prevent that future from ever happening:

docfuturecolorsample.png

Astral Girl is half alien, which is where her mental powers come from. She also is a trained detective, which she learned from her step father:

astralgirlcolorsample.png

Beacon was a test pilot who encountered a UFO. Bathed in a weird light by that craft, he gained the power to manipulate light to do his bidding:

beaconcolorsample.png

Continuing the Tomorrow Squad:

Astro-Man was an astronaut. While on a mission in space, his craft was bombarded by cosmic radiation. He was the only survivor, and gained cast powers that he now uses to protect humanity:

astromancolorsample.png

Quartz worked at an observatory until he was abducted by aliens. They experimented on him, turning his flesh into a gem-like substance. He now has super strength, and the ability to deflect/reflect energy attacks:

quartzcolorsample.png

And finally, the team image:

teampictsquadsample.png

Just out of curiosity' date=' what type of "vast powers".[/quote']

I'll give you a quick breakdown of their powers. Remember, this is for ICONS; I haven't played Champions in a very long time (since 4th edition!), but if you want to convert them, it shouldn't be hard.

Astral Girl: Telepathy, Mind Blast, Astral Projection, and the ability to detect mental powers. She also has a jet pack for flight

Astro-Man: He has a power called Wizardry (Cosmic). He can use any power as a stunt, but has the following that he uses all the time: Flight, Force Field, Binding (entangle), Life Support (still needs to eat/sleep) and cosmic power detection.

Beacon: Controls light energy. Can fly, create a force field of solid light, fire laser beams and blinding flashes of light

Doc Future: He can manipulate chronal energies. He's a precog, can give himself super speed or slow time around someone to paralyze them, as well as summon duplicates of himself from alternate time lines. He also flies with a jet pack

Quartz: Has armor thanks to his gem like skin, super strength, and the ability to reflect energy attacks back at opponents. Also flies via a jet pack.

a few takes on an old favorite.

This is Dr. Armageddon. My version of the classic Mark Williams imaged villain from the second edition Champions Boxed set in all his glory.

DOJ turned him into Holocaust.Dr_Armageddon_2.jpg

And here's a bit of a "Modernized update" adding nifty shoulder pads and scarier boots.

Dr_Armageddon_1.jpg