Superhero Images

schir1964

Wow... I am truly humbled!

Starlord: You have a great eye for color and design. I really love the choices you made with the Heromachine program. I like to play around with that program too, but for some reason I cannot screen-capture the pics to show later on. I refuse to print them out as it's a major waste of ink (you know, just to scan them back into the comp again). Even so, I can still sketch it after I design it. I just haven't done that yet.

Blue: Man, oh man! Did anyone ever tell you that you have a wonderful knack for catching atmosphere in your pics? You must work as an illistrator for a living... if you don't, you should! I love your stuff, guy! Awesome!

Mags

Re: Wow... I am truly humbled!

Originally posted by Magmarock

Starlord: You have a great eye for color and design. I really love the choices you made with the Heromachine program. I like to play around with that program too, but for some reason I cannot screen-capture the pics to show later on. I refuse to print them out as it's a major waste of ink (you know, just to scan them back into the comp again). Even so, I can still sketch it after I design it. I just haven't done that yet.

Thanks. I just do a simple Print-Screen which pastes the HM image to your clipboard, then I paste it into a standard Paint program.

I cut the image from the rest of the capture, then paste that back on the Paint. Then save them as Bitmap's (which look better), but you have to post them here as Jpegs.

No scanning involved. :)

Hurricane from The Mutant File

I really enjoy coloring other people's work, too. So you can imagine that all my Champions books are filled with color by now. *Big Grin*

So I don't think it'll hurt to share a few, as long as I keep the sigs intact. Here is Hurricane from The Mutant File. (one of my favorite Hero System books!)

attachment.php?s=&postid=128598

This was drawn by Fredd Gorham, inked by Jeff Uryasz and colored by me.

"I just do a simple Print-Screen which pastes the HM image to your clipboard, then I paste it into a standard Paint program.

I cut the image from the rest of the capture, then paste that back on the Paint. Then save them as Bitmap's (which look better), but you have to post them here as Jpegs." -Starlord

Yeah, I tried that and nothing happens. My computer is retarded, I think. ;)

Mags

Thanks very much :)

This whole thread has been fun.

I'm about as far from the art field as you can get. I fix computers for a government agency. I always wanted to do comics, but never could get the knack for "foreshortening". That is I'm pretty good at drawing buildings in perspective, but can never draw bodies that way. All my figures are pretty much straight up and down, rather than reaching forward or backward.

And Magmarock, you do some great costumes. Very creative stuff.

Originally posted by Briguy123

For those of you that are familiar with Heromachine, how do you get a screen capture? I've tried ctrl+alt+print screen and that doesn't work on my computer.

As I said earlier, I get mine with Print-Screen, however that doesn't seem to work for Magmarock either.

*Note that I don't use ctrl+alt+print screen. With most newer computer that I'm familiar with, you should just have to press the Print-Screen button only. I've done it on 2 of my friend's machines, and they have completely different computers from mine.

Originally posted by Starlord

As I said earlier, I get mine with Print-Screen, however that doesn't seem to work for Magmarock either.

*Note that I don't use ctrl+alt+print screen. With most newer computer that I'm familiar with, you should just have to press the Print-Screen button only. I've done it on 2 of my friend's machines, and they have completely different computers from mine.

I would like to add just one thing to what Starlord has said. He is correct the Print Screen will capture the entire screen. However, if you want to capture the current active window you can press Alt+Print Screen. I use that when I want to capture dialog boxes or the like.

Thanks

Thanks for the kind words about my art, guys.

As for the other issue, I've been playing around some more with the Heromachine and I have tried all the various options suggested without any results. The closest I got was to check a box "Print to File" after I click on Print. This saves the webpage to a file, but then I can't figure out how to open it again (I have Adobe Photoshop & ImageReady , both 7.0 and Microsoft Paint for Windows 2000). Sadly, I don't know computers well enough to figure it out.

Yes, I did read all the "Help" files and they don't address this problem. Maybe the problem is with settings on Microsoft Windows 2000? Hmmm.

On the brightside, I can still use Heromachine for inspiration...

Mags

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Magmarock

Thanks for the kind words about my art, guys.

As for the other issue, I've been playing around some more with the Heromachine and I have tried all the various options suggested without any results.::SNIP::

Could it be that you are not pasting the image into an image editor?

Try this:

1) create an image in Hero Machine

2) Press Print Screen

3) Open Photoshop and start a new blank image

4) Either go to Edit--> Paste or press Ctrl+V

That should paste the image into the new canvas and allow you to crop the image as desired.

Attempted and failed again...

I don't think my "Print Scrn" is working at all. But I found the copy/paste function works in the Photoshop program.

You know, I wouldn't mind printing the Heromachine pics to rescan, if only I could alter the size of of the pic before it hits the page. Such a waste of ink. Ah well.

What do you think about these last two pics?

Mags

EDIT: Oh wait! It worked! I had to press "Ctrl" "Alt" and "Print Scrn" and then I copied into Photo shop. I'll post a pic after I crop it.