Superhero Images

schir1964

Guest TheAuthority

This is Rex

As a rookie member of the NYPD he responded to a reported superhero altercation where Dreamer, of the D.O.D, transported him to another dimension...only to have him reappear within seconds, aged 10 years, sporting that magical sword. attachment.php?s=&postid=130224

Guest TheAuthority

This is Talisman

I never got around to finishing this one but Talisman was a fantasy hero whose tattoos came alive and disappeared as they were used. He would contantly need to replenish his tattoos.

attachment.php?s=&postid=130239

Wow! Nice pencils!

Hey Authority, nice pencil work. Great proportions. Your art looks very professional. I look forward to seeing more of it. Do you have any inked pieces?

I see you like to use posterboard, I wish I were brave enough to use such an expensive medium! For every finished picture I have, there are 2-7 throw away sketches that aren't good enough to finish. I go through a lot of paper, as you can imagine. I'll be posting some more art later on.

Cheers,

Mags

Re: Wow! Nice pencils!

Originally posted by Magmarock

I see you like to use posterboard, I wish I were brave enough to use such an expensive medium! For every finished picture I have, there are 2-7 throw away sketches that aren't good enough to finish. I go through a lot of paper, as you can imagine. I'll be posting some more art later on.

I know what you mean. I got on a pencil-drawing kick sometime last week. So I started trying some portraiture on bristol board and after screwing up three in a row I went back to my sketch pad and was doing fine again. It's like suddenly you're under pressure to get it right if you're using the good stuff.

Here's Kate Beckinsale from Underworld. Hopefully this shows up in the post...

graphite05-sm.jpg

neither

Originally posted by Sketchpad

I'm curious about something ... why does some art show up on the boards, while other art is just a link? Is it a format problem? Or a size problem?

It isn't a problem at all. It is the poster. If they don't include the image in the HTML of the post it won't show up in the post.

All ya gotta do:

Post your picture in a message.

Right click the link that is created and choose "Copy Shortcut".

Click the EDIT button to edit your post.

Type in IMG SRC=" "

Paste the link (CTRL+V will do it) between the quote marks.

Put a "less than" symbol at the beginning before IMG and a "greater than" symbol at the end, after the last quote mark.

Submit the changes to the post.

Sounds more complicated than it is. Just need to do it a couple of times and it gets easy.

Guest TheAuthority

Re: Wow! Nice pencils!

Hey Authority, nice pencil work. Great proportions. Your art looks very professional. I look forward to seeing more of it. Do you have any inked pieces?

Thanks Mags! I don't think I have any more of my own superheroes scanned so those won't be posted any time soon, sorry. I do have several mainstream heroes I did scanned so if anyone wants to see them I can post those. I haven't got many pieces inked scanned at the moment. I'll see what I can dig up!

Actually, Rex and Talisman are on Marvel Comics paper I had gotten from a friend. Batman was done on a piece of Bristol Board. All of them are 11" X 17". I can't remember how these specific pieces were done but I usually do a lot of sketching on regular copy paper before going to the good stuff. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Batman was done right on the Bristol Board though. If you are interested you can buy Marvel paper from Mile High Comics now. It's a nice paper to both pencil and ink on. Not cheap though!

Guest TheAuthority

Re: Just for fun...

Originally posted by GenreFiend

Good Gawd! That's better than half the guys working at DC right now! Are you a proffessional? If not, you should be.

:eek: Woah. Thanks for that. Nope, I'm not a professional. Maybe someday...

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Hi all,

Just did my first character using Hero Machine. If I can find screen capture software that doesn't cost too much and works with Windows 98 2E, I'll do my best to post Wolf Girl here. She's a martial artist for my Dark Champions campaign.

Yours,

Mark Rand

In Win98...

PrtScrn button will capture the entire screen.

Alt+PrtScrn will capture just the program window.

Then just go into a graphics program (Photoshop? Paintshop pro?) and paste.

Well, on my keyboard, which is a lap-top, the key appears the same way. The way print screen works is that it will capture what's on the screen in the clipboard, and in the background. This means that you won't get a message saying "screen captured" or anything, but all you have to do is to open MSPaint (usually start-menu, programs, accessories) and then just paste the image (ctrl-v, or Edit->paste) and do a save-as.

Edit: i'm dumb... just press the key to do the above.

Now, I don't know what your OS is, but I have a feeling that you might not be able to save-as a JPG through paint (though you can in XP) which means that it's either going to be pretty and a huge file, or small and crappy looking. There are plenty of shareware little image-editing programs out there (try downloads.com) and any of those will likely work.

Hope it goes well for ya. It's cool to see what people's imaginations produce :)

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Thanks for the suggestion, Blue. For some reason, it didn't work. On my machine, print screen (prt scr) shares a key with sysrq, and print screen's the one above the line.

Any suggestions?

Hmm. I'm not sure what to sugest. I'm on a laptop which has the same configuration with PrtSc overtop of SysReq, and the PrtSc is the default key. PrtSc and CTRL+PrtSc seem to do the same thing (the whole screen), ALT+PrtSc captures the window that has the focus, and the function key, FN+PrtSc seems to do nothing at all.

There's always these downloads (some of which are free): http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=screen+capture&tg=dl-2001

I like scalpal. I've always had difficulty drawing monstrous characters; at least on purpose. I mean from time to time I've drawn something so 'off' that is could be called monstrous, but generally speaking all of my heroes and villains look like conventional people.