Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Another one I just colored...

Originally posted by Magmarock

Ok. I'm a little bummed out because everytime I do a picture in Photoshop, then save it to Jpg, it comes out all dithered and messed up. Then I have to go in a smooth everthing out and clean it up... does anyone have an idea on why the change from PSD to JPG is so damaging to my pics?

Try saving as a PNG. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Re: Re: Another one I just colored...

Originally posted by Durnin

Try saving as a PNG. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Just to help explain why Durnin is correct.

JPG is a lossy compression way of saving images. That means you'll lose information everytime. So that's why you get fuzziness.

PNG doesn't lose information. One of the neat things about PNG is that there's a SNG format as well which is a text version. If you want to hand edit you're pictures. But I digress. Do as Durnin says.

The native formats to programs are generally not lossy either. Such as PSD.

Well, PNG doesn't dither, you were right about that! I am pleased with how it posts. The image did need to be sized down quite a bit though, in order to make it fit in the max bytes allowed to post here.

I think it's worth it to get a smaller pic, if it isn't all messed up. Does everyone else agree with me on this?

If anyone wants me to repost a previous pic in PNG, just let me know. I have all of them saved in the original PSD file so it won't be a problem!

Cheers,

Mags

Star Spangled Hero

Hello All.

Finaly got my scanner hooked back up after the move. and I drew a new pic for the Golden Age champions segment of the Dimension hopping adventure I'm running in my game. The heroes (Avantguard) will find themselves in the bodies of Golden Age heroes from 1938. This is a Pic I just finished for one of them.

I will admit that I used Redmeanace's template that he posted a bit ago for the pose of the hero. I'm in the midst of another GAC char usign another of his poses also... so look for that soon. (also coloring SSH in Photoshop)

attachment.php?s=&postid=133224

WC

Re: Star Spangled Hero

Originally posted by Wildcat

Hello All.

Finaly got my scanner hooked back up after the move. and I drew a new pic for the Golden Age champions segment of the Dimension hopping adventure I'm running in my game. The heroes (Avantguard) will find themselves in the bodies of Golden Age heroes from 1938. This is a Pic I just finished for one of them.

I will admit that I used Redmeanace's template that he posted a bit ago for the pose of the hero. I'm in the midst of another GAC char usign another of his poses also... so look for that soon. (also coloring SSH in Photoshop)

WC

Wildcat,

I like it! I've been catching up on this thread today, and damn, alot of nice artwork's been posted. Kudos to everyone for the good work!