Superhero Images

schir1964

Originally posted by Mangog

Moray looking more... moraish(?)

Your artwork is just awesome! I can't wait to see the color versions of these (please say you're going to color them, right?). I have not yet run the adventure Scourge of the Deep, but now can't wait to put these villains up against my PCs.

Great job!

Loading time...

Originally posted by Redmenace

As to linking the post, I forgot how and I know people with slow connections have to endure a hideous wait for everything to load.

The way I see it, if anyone is checking out this thread for the art, they're going to be loading the pics sooner or later. So why not sooner?

Here's a refresher:

< img src="InsertImageURLhere" >

The above (without spaces between the < & >, but leaving the space between img & src) being entered in the post during an edit, so that you have the URL first.

Just to be sure, I'll test it with another pic.

attachment.php?s=&postid=158719

Something completely different...

I'm going to share with you two halves of a poster I began back in '92 when we were running our VALOR (Vigilant Avengers for Law, Order & Retribution) group.

I've scanned it in my own scanner, but now I have two separate pics that I have no clue on how to match up. I think maybe I'll go to a Kinkos to shrink the poster so I can rescan it as a single pic.

Here they are, a bit dirty, but keep in mind its a WIP:

attachment.php?s=&postid=158732

attachment.php?s=&postid=158733

They are, clockwise from top left: Strobe, Magmarock, Jenna (I think), Randamn, Taser, Flashback, Puma, and Ally.

Re: Loading time...

Originally posted by Magmarock

The way I see it, if anyone is checking out this thread for the art, they're going to be loading the pics sooner or later. So why not sooner?

">

It has worked for 60 odd pages so I guess I'll bow to wisdom.

Nice job on X-ray, the photoneg effect is striking on her.

Noce groupshot as well on Valor. Your composition seems fine here. Color would seperate things even better of course and I'd like to see a full color magmarock.

re the next groupshot-I agree Rogue and Psylocke are working as well as the classic Storm Pose. Nothing wrong with the others but you're on target with the composition criticism. That said I think it's a matter of fine tuning rather than out and out failure.

You just need to think of the elements abstractly while plotting out the pencils. A lesson I was taught was to xerox a painting or comic panel and then draw arrows following the flow of the shapes. You ralise quickly that the succesful visual composers are always drawing in kind of ovular shapes to make the eye flow from shape to shape.

Cool Vibron, did you work from one of your own templates?

Winterhawk, I love that Bats animated style. I've spent so much time honing my drafting skills to the market place that it is very difficult for me to get back into that basic, make every line count look. Have you checked out the "Mystery of Batwoman" yet? The artists draw her so slinky and sleek.Really beautiful but simple.

Busy Beavers

Wow you guys have been bussy. I can't seem to find enough time fopr drawing or coloring lately. Between Game, Kids, and other RL stuff I can't get enough time for artistic pursuits. Anyway... Someone mentioned that they would like me to keep coloring old Champions characters. Well I have a few that I've done. 1st off are the members of Hightech Enemies Destruction Co. I did then seperatly in Photoshop, then put them together for a team pic. (I have each of them seperatly if anyone wants)

I'd like to give credit to Greg Smith for the Outstanding Pics from that Book (not just the Dest Co but all of em) And I hope he doesn't mind my colring these guys in.

attachment.php?s=&postid=159155

WC

Next: 5th ed Mechanon

Mechanon

Here's Mechanon taken from the 5th ed Champions book, and colored with Photoshop. I tried to get as good at as the one we all see off to the side there .

<-----

Hope you Like it.

attachment.php?s=&postid=159160

WC

PS: Kinda fel cheesey not posting Original Art... I need to get back to drawing, not just coloring

VALOR

Mags

I Really like the team Pic, and I don't think the Arangemnt is all that bad. I have a HUGE problem with drawign multiple characters at the same time, and havign them come out proportionaly right... one either ends up too big or small. So I just draw them alone, then Photoshop them together, your far braver than I to attempt a team poster.

Good work

WC

Re: Re: Loading time...

Winterhawk, I love that Bats animated style. I've spent so much time honing my drafting skills to the market place that it is very difficult for me to get back into that basic, make every line count look. Have you checked out the "Mystery of Batwoman" yet? The artists draw her so slinky and sleek.Really beautiful but simple.

No, but I think I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. I'm a huge fan myself.

Nice colorwork, btw Wildcat.

Thanks...

Nice job on X-ray, the photoneg effect is striking on her..

Thanks, RM. If you look closely, you'd see that X-Ray is just a color-invert from another Pic I posted several pages back- Chrome!

Nice groupshot as well on Valor. Your composition seems fine here. Color would seperate things even better of course and I'd like to see a full color magmarock.

Yeah, but really the group shot is only of Mags, Taser, Randamn and Puma... the others are all abstract close-ups and filler. All of the heros shown in that poster were from the team's starting line-up. We had some 8 or 9 line-ups in all, before the campaign tanked.

As for seeing Mags in color: check out page 12 of this thread. There are a couple of pics in color. My avatar is one, too. There was a time in the game when she was transformed, and it melted/smooth her armor, which changed her appearance dramatically. However, after taking enough body in fights afterward, she was back to her old, ragged and rugged self. ;)

re the next groupshot-I agree Rogue and Psylocke are working as well as the classic Storm Pose. Nothing wrong with the others but you're on target with the composition criticism. That said I think it's a matter of fine tuning rather than out and out failure.

Yup. I drew so many pics there for awhile that I was just tossing some to the side as not worth working on... This one was one of them.

You just need to think of the elements abstractly while plotting out the pencils. A lesson I was taught was to xerox a painting or comic panel and then draw arrows following the flow of the shapes.

Good idea. I'll try that.

Cool Vibron, did you work from one of your own templates?

Not my template, technically. I created a bunch of templates by drawing them, but this one was from a time when I took several decent poses and whited out all detail except for the basic form. My brother made a few of these too, so between us we have well over a two dozen male and female templates.

I could post them if someone would like, otherwise, I won't.

Mags

Re: Busy Beavers

Originally posted by Wildcat

Wow you guys have been busy. .

As far as drawing goes, not me. If you look closely, you'll see that most of the stuff I posted was done in the '90s.

I have been busy with my new scanner and Photoshop program, turning my old hardcopy work into little electronic particles that transmit so much better over the web... if that counts? :D

Mags

Re: Thanks...

I'm always looking for more templates but if you have other stuff to post dont let me get in the way.

"Not my template, technically. I created a bunch of templates by drawing them, but this one was from a time when I took several decent poses and whited out all detail except for the basic form. My brother made a few of these too, so between us we have well over a two dozen male and female templates.

I could post them if someone would like, otherwise, I won't."

Re: Re: Thanks...

I could post them if someone would like, otherwise, I won't."

Oh yeah I love Templates... nice and clean, always helpful with Poses. I've already used 2 that you posted before. (See Starspangled Hero & Crimebusterback on Pg54 & 55) I used the Templates as poses, didn't actualy Draw on them, but they helped me tremendously for proportions, and stance. I'd do Templates myself, but with the hard time I have just drawing the characters in my game I just don't have the time. So if you already have some... Post away.

WC