Superhero Images

schir1964

Originally posted by Blue

If I'm being attacked by bikers I'm not sure I'd call THIS guy for help ;)

I don't see why not. Thrash can Stop a Mac Truck with his chest, and Lob Cans of Dew for 12d6

I like the one with the shirt better. I take it he's got a lucrative contract w/Mountain Dew?

Yep, You betcha... He's their Bigest Star.

Oh and for the record I like the Shirt better myself.

WC

Re: Hey What's this doing on the 2nd page

Originally posted by Wildcat

Bump!!

WC

I think it's on page 2 because you're not posting enough pics!! ;)(just kidding)

Thrash looks great either way, but I think I like the "shirted" version a bit better. I'm an old school, spandex costume kind of guy. Is it my imagination, or is this Thrash a bit different from the one you had on your site a while ago? I like this version better. Keep up the great work.

Re: Re: Hey What's this doing on the 2nd page

Originally posted by aylwin13

Is it my imagination, or is this Thrash a bit different from the one you had on your site a while ago? I like this version better. Keep up the great work.

Yeah this is Thrash's New Look. The 1st pic was done a yr ago as we started this game. Dusty (Thrash's Player) wanted a tattooed, Eminem Look, and I added the Goat.. It so fitted with the character of Thrash at the time. But the pic never really sat with me all that well (and my color job was sub par, I think) So I knew I'd draw a new one some day, and I did.

By this time Thrash had become involved with Blue Fury (NPC, yeah I need to Draw her) and the two had twins together. So this Thrash (his new look, and why I put a version with a shirt on) was to give Thrash a bit more respectability, and remove his pure 'Bully' image. I also wanted to convey his youth, Thrash is only 19, but his 1st pic made him look much older, whereas this one gives him back his youthful appearance.

And for the Record, Dusty liked it better with the shirt too... so that's the final Pic. And yeah Kristopher, Pepsi does want him shirtless for some of the adds :cool:

WC

Edit: Oh yeah the Original Thrash Pic was posted on Pg 21 of this thread incase anyone wants to see it.

Drawn on my lunch hour. Didn't have time to get too detailed before I scanned and colored it. I like the general design but I definitely could have used more detail.

This is Pathfinder: Interstellar tracker. [edit: what the heck are her legs doing? The looked normal before the scan. Now they're bowing strangely]

attachment.php?s=&postid=172524

Re: character image

Originally posted by drrushing

Here's a character of mine. He's been retired for a while. Two of my favorite characters have always been Spiderman and Iron Man. This was my attempt at an amagimation of the two. This is Scorpius, a power armored character with all arachnid inspired powers. Oh, one other note, without deliberately trying, I've posted several images that are cropped. Sorry, my scanner only takes 8 1/2 x 11 pages, most of my images are larger than this, so I placed the central mass of the character in the scanner. Anyway, here he is: Scorpius

The picture completely and totally sucks!

You forgot the shuriken. The broken and maimed bodies. And Bloodbath! Where's Bloodbath? You should be standing bloodily victorious over Bloodbath!

Oh. Wait... that was Nightwatch...

Edit: Just so that no one takes offense, I've been critiquing/abusing Dr. Rushing's art for about the last 20 years. Still think you should do the pic where the suit comes out of his nose and all over the windshield of the car.

character images

Wildcat,

I liked all the various versions of Thrash...........that being said, I guess the public image he's portraying depends on the pic. I actually perferred the very first image (on pg. 21). That pic definately conveyed a much tougher image, much more "business" like.

The new pics, I like the shirt better...........with Thrash smiling, it's hard to envision a tough "biker" or "extreme" attitude, he just looks way too friendly.

Again, I like all the pics, good variety from one character, I'm sure the character development between beginning and end is quite a story.

character images

Greywind.....................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........I'll have to work on the Nanosteel on the windshield pic.

If anyone is interested, "Greywind" is the unfortunate GM who's had to tolerate most of my characters and modify almost every adventure because of the "unconventional" methods of most of my characters. One of the interesting concepts I came up with for the Scorpius character was Nanosteel. The external layer of his armor is made of programable, neuroreceptive nanite steel/titanium molecules. As a joke, to freak out one of our fellow gamers, I had Scorpius "sneeze", the resulting loogey was from the armor, splattering on the windshield, then he sucked it in. As a somewhat unbalanced hyper-intelligent scientist, Scorpius had another character, also an accomplished scientist, remove his appendix, and insert a receptacle in it's place. The receptacle held all of the Nanosteel for his armor.

character images

Here's a picture of a different genre. This is a picture of a starfighter from an Interceptor campaign that I played about 15 years ago. I know it's not spandex or leather, but it's still art......I apoligize for the blurriness, the original pic was on a page of notebook paper. Here it is: SPARTAN

Re: character images

Originally posted by drrushing

Wildcat,

I liked all the various versions of Thrash...........that being said, I guess the public image he's portraying depends on the pic. I actually perferred the very first image (on pg. 21). That pic definately conveyed a much tougher image, much more "business" like.

The new pics, I like the shirt better...........with Thrash smiling, it's hard to envision a tough "biker" or "extreme" attitude, he just looks way too friendly.

Again, I like all the pics, good variety from one character, I'm sure the character development between beginning and end is quite a story.

Thanks for the kind words Doc. I too liked the original Pic (except for the color job) But as I think I might have said before, it gave Thrash too much of a Mean Bully Image (and made him look too old).

Thrash is very concerned about his PR Image. And while he does want the badguys outh there to respect him, he's not to worried about that, and thinks his Rep over the past year speaks for itself, If they figure him wrong, all the better he'll still stomp em into the ground. But his fans on the other hand... He wants them to have no doubt that he's AvantGuard's #1 most popular hero. And while market research has shown that the Dark, Skulking Heroes do have a certain apeal, in general more people like an aproachable Hero.

WC

Various Images

Hey all just wanted to say a few things to all out there.

Blue - Keep up the good work. Me personaly I take forever to draw a pic, and if it's not turnign out right I trash it :(. You on the other hand seem to be a bit more willing to just express yourself through your hands, and art, so keep at it :) I do agree with Agent Escafarc on the horizontal lines on Typhoon they detract from her slim body.

Dr Rushing - I liked that Starfighter, I suck ar drawign anything but people. This posting of Nightwatch is beter, but still w bit too dark to see much detail in the inner body. I really dug Scorpius pic, that was outstanding work.

Everyone else - Thanx for all the responced to the Thrash Shirt/Tats question.The shirt won! And let's keep this thread going and on page 1 :D

WC