Superhero Images

schir1964

Last character from my current campaign.

Speedlord.

Please, help me finding a better name. He's a British speedster with minor time-flow powers. A reformed villain who used to work with GRAB, he's currently on the run from some of his former associates.

Drawn by Michela DaSacco.

attachment.php?s=&postid=181496

Force Commander

That is some real good stuff you got there Solomon, your gaming group is lucky to have such a talented artist. I know I can use each of those in my campaign ;)

Meanwhile I have been busy also. I finaly broke down and drew my campaign's main Badguy, Force Commander. FC goes way back in my gamming career, over 20yrs. I drew a version ov him from memory (didn't have orig pic) back in the early 90's but was never very happy with it. So since my new campaign is now a yr old I thought that the gang deserved to see just who I had been building up for the past year.

You'll see a def Baron Karza Influence in this pic (since thats who he was fasioned after way back when.) and a bit of Dr. Destroyer, Doom, and Magneto (Gotta love those guys) Anyway this is just the penciles, I'll be coloring him this weekend.

attachment.php?s=&postid=181561

WC

Wildcat, being a fellow 'Nauts fan ... I love the Force Commander pic, as well as the name :D I'd love to see a color version of him :) I used the good Baron as the premise for a Star Wars villain one time ... I'll have to see if I can snag the pic sometime and scan it :)

Just out of curiousity, there has been mentions of whole body templates, but has anyone attempted partial body templates or even 'clothing' templates?

For instance, it might be cool for all you artistically talented, and wonderful folks to do sort of an artists' brainstorm session where you create as many different types of masks, gloves, boots and capes you can think of and draw in say an hour or so, and then throw them on this thread.

Then those of us who aren't even remotely as talented could *ehem* borrow the pieces as templates to put together costumes for our own lack of talent costumes. In fact, if any of you have ProFantasy's Character Artist software, I would be willing to take the various clothing samples and recreate them for CA so that you can use them for that software.

I realize that it isn't quite on topic, but might be a really cool way for everyone to share ideas and skills to help everyone.

What do you all think? Is that something that you artistic types would be willing to try? I'm willing to devote the time to creating the vector redraws of the pieces for CA if it sounds like something folks might want.

What would be easier is if you provided a template of the body you want clothing, armor, etc. for and then we could provide you with the drawings you need. Sort of works like the old paper dolls they used to have back in the day. (Also a lot like the Heromachine design program concept.)

I often wondered if the Heromachine creater wanted any help designing additional, partial pics... but then again, maybe he wants to do the whole thing by himself?

Mags

Ok, this is a png of the *extremely* basic male and female figures from CA. I would like to do much better (non-coloring book) versions of them someday with superhero proportions, and different body types. ie Brick, MA, Flying, etc. Unfortunately my artistic talents are extremely limited.

attachment.php?s=&postid=182115

A little background information:

Character Artist is a vector based drawing tool ala CAD software so it is fairly limited in the amount of shading it can do so just basic drawings is what I'm looking for. I'll throw up another picture of the masks that I have already created, but promise not to laugh.

You comment of "paper dolls" is actually right on the money. Once you have created various props (called symbols) you simply drop them on top of the base figure, and "dress" the character how you want.

Here are the masks that I already created to give you some idea of the capabilities of the program. I should mention that I can drop any picture into the program and then trace it to recreate that image the problem comes when I try to color things. I doesn't have Photoshop type abilities. It is limited to fill in the polygons with one solid color although hatching and things can be done to simulate to a point.

attachment.php?s=&postid=182119