Superhero Images

schir1964

American Avenger

The attached was drawn for me by David Wong, an artist who hits a lot of the California conventions. It's for my character in Scott Bennie's Gestalt campaign, which may get published in pdf form by Hero some year.

Essentially, AA is a telekinetic brick who likes flashy cowboy clothes. His wings are an illusory construct that help him focus on flying - they have no material existence - which is why they are just an outline.

character images

attachment.php?postid=192975

Great series of pictures blue. I really like the variation of characters you have posted.

I started to play around with my scanner utility program. I think it's a prehistoric version of what Photoshop and other programs began as.

This is a reposting of my wife's character Bombshell, with the face and leg colored with computer graphics. Tell me what you think?

Originally posted by Redmenace

I'm not sure what you are asking, but, I drew and inked a black & white then did a quick and dirty photoshop color job.

Sorry. Thought my question was obvious. I was asking if you were the one who drew the picture or if someone else did. You answered my question. Again, cool pic.

Originally posted by Tech

Soooo, any other cool pics you might have? Can you give me a general idea of what kind of stats you might've had for this guy?

I've got some more and will be posting them, but, during the 4th quarter my schedule is very chaotic. (Are you looking for anything in particular?)

Stone is a long term favorite of mine that is shamelessly ripped off from the first 12 issues or so of the Fantastic Four, back when the Thing thought of himself as horribly disfigured for life.

In his original 250 pt game (ie the campaign standard was 250 not him) form he had 60 Str, 30 Con, 18 Dex, 20 Body, 11 Int, 28 Ego, 38 PD, 30 ED, 5 Spd, 20 Rec, 80 End, 70 Stun.

Full Damage Reistance, Hardening for 18 PD & 10 ED, (the hardened defenses were also Ablative so he could be whittled down eventually but was tough up front) 30 of his Strength comes from 6 levels of Density increase and he had Flash defense Visual (that didn'y work vs flashes in the UV portion of the spectrum) and for Auditory flashes.

He could see in the UV portion of the spectrum.

He had life support vs temperature extremes, High Grav and pressure, biological weapons and pathogens as well as ingested chemicals (which he was dependant on to be able to heal body, (specifically he needed silicates and had to be exposed to extended periods in a UV tanning booth or some jerry rigged version there of for his body to recrystalise.)

Before the 5th Ed. "Power" skill he had a Strength tricks VPP, (Cosmic) for 50 points that enabled him do apply his super strength in interesting ways like improvising entangles by making on the spot handcuffs out of rebar or a police car bumper, etc.

he had no movement powers and couldn't swim due to his density. He had lost all ability to smell or taste making knockout gass or drugging a effective way to take him out the first time he's encountered. (the second time he had a life support gadget that strained out gasses but didn't provide oxygen, worth noting if only becouse his methodology is such that he;ll compensate for past defeats.)

Skills were a typical selection of thug abilities, streetwise, shadowing etc and he had 3 levels with HTH.

Disads; Aside from a stone killer indifference to human suffering he had a berserk tied to being taunted about his condition particularly by attractive women (bought as aadditional 8-/14- Berserk), Clumsy hands Physical limitation, hunted by the FBI, Watched by the Mafia, Subject to orders by the Mafia and a 20 pt Psych lim- Omerta the Mafia code of loyalty, conduct and silence.

He also had a partner Frank "Bloodletter" Ciandella, a 200 point mafia soldier/'super agent type who had 50 points in find weakness. His job was to help Stone do his job and take hum out should his berserk become a liability.

For a 350 point game, Up his strength, con, body, rec, PD, ED, and stun to 5-10 points above the average brick level in the campaign. Do away with his VPP if you want him to be more of a minion or team member, conversely increase it to match is points in strength to make him more formidable. A movement power and Life support- self contained breathing ought to do.

Play him as mean and vicious as you think you can get away with.

Are photomanipulations ok?

I have some Photoshop'ed images that are not really my drawings, but are real life photos that have been changed to become a female villain team. I posted them in the non-gaming forum a while back, but was wondering if I should post them here. Would anyone care to see them?