Superhero Images

schir1964

WOW it's been awhile since I've been here. What with a new Job, and the holidays I've just not had the time, to surff let alone draw anything.

It's nice to come back and see this thread has been so active. Thanx guy for keeping it alive... I really like this thread.

Dr Rushing - Great Pics, I think I like Nightwatch & Steel Fist best. and the color progesion of Cavilier is kool too. Nightwatch reminds me of Brawl from WildCORE. I always liked that character. Keep up the good work, As for me... I may not be posting any new pics for a while. I just found out that something is wrong with my monitor/Color settings. Everything I see is too dark, So I adjust the colores to be lighter, and when it looks good to me, it looks faded and washed out to you all. :( So I think I'd like to get this fixed before I do anymore coloring of my pics in Photoshop.:(

Anyway it's good to be back on the boards

WC

Originally posted by RPMiller

Two reasons for this post.

1) BUMP!

2) Can anyone help me? I'm looking for a background that I could use in a pic. Preferably a storm of some sort. Thanks!

C) Has anyone done any work on my challenge or should I just count on doing it myself? ;)

1) Ow!

2) Have you tried google images? Typing in storm gets a pretty good number.

C) Huh? i think I was dozing.

Hey, Im new to this thread and just wanted to post a couple of my favorite characters (lightening based...noticed quite a few other ligthening based characters around).

They are half brother / sister team.

Warp 9 steered me to this thread and I thought I'd throw in a couple my guys.

Re: Great work RPMiller

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

Where did you find the lightning ? It looks great .

If you are asking about the lightning in her hands, I made that in Photoshop (extremely easy actually), if you are referring to the background, I did a search on "storm" in Goodle Images.

Originally posted by lemming

1) Ow!

2) Have you tried google images? Typing in storm gets a pretty good number.

C) Huh? i think I was dozing.

1) LOL

2) Yup, see above.

C) Back on about page 81 of this thread I posted a challenge to make masks, gloves, boots, you know accessories for heroes. The idea being instead of us non-artistic types stealing you artistic types stuff, we can use the various body templates, and the accessories to through together our own drawings. Sort of a HeroMachine idea, but with more options. ;) I also added that I could convert templates and other drawings to vector to be used with Character Artist from ProFantasy to make the process even easier for folks that happen to have that software. I posted some lame examples of stuff I did as well.

character image

attachment.php?postid=206955

OK, this is the ABSOLUTE last time I'll post this character. Taking a clue from Lemming and RPMiller, I found a sky background for my Cavalier pic. And tada...........I've finally finished my first all computer colorized picture. Tell me what you think for a first-time amateur.

Postscript: To not bombard the page with repetative images, I've deleted the previous posts of this picture.

Re: character image

Originally posted by drrushing

attachment.php?postid=206955

OK, this is the ABSOLUTE last time I'll post this character. Taking a clue from Lemming and RPMiller, I found a sky background for my Cavalier pic. And tada...........I've finally finished my first all computer colorized picture. Tell me what you think for a first-time amateur.

Postscript: To not bombard the page with repetative images, I've deleted the previous posts of this picture.

Nice job!

I really like the dynamic pose, and the foreshortening on the spear.

I also like the fact that the character has an interesting background, although I seem to remember a previous background for this same character which I sort of liked a little bit better.

I really like the energy effect, but my only suggestion for improvment would be to rework it with some transparency. Computers can do really nice energy effects, but you may have to do some experimenting depending on which software package that you are using.

Again, very cool picture!