Superhero Images

schir1964

RP, Aurora looks good, but I think that there's just a bit too much lightning around her. Shouldn't that be aimed at her target, instead?

Lots of great pics everyone. I wish I had the time to work on my drawing. I haven't tried anything from scratch in over a decade; and even then most of it was on templates. I'm going to attempt to draw some new stuff; and since I have a scanner and tablet I can color it digitally. The pics I recently posted were the old ones recolored on the computer.

This is another one I just finished coloring last night. He's the team leader of my first supervillian group: the Sinister Squadron. He's an air-based, flying energy-projector named TYPHOON. (I apologize for the head, I just may wack it off and try again :(

attachment.php?s=&postid=227420

Originally posted by Redmenace

Over the top, not for a super. Nice lightning, are you doing them by hand or is it the difference cloud filter technique?

by the way, here is a technique site you might find interesting.

http://www.photoshoproadmap.com/photoshop-tutorials-tips/special-effects.html

It is being done via a filter called electrify in the Eye Candy plug-in.

Finally...

It's amazing what a scanner can do: take old pictures, scan them into a computer and clean them up. Just stuff you don't think about doing even though it's so obvious and I've had one for years.

The point of this post?

I can finally post a pic or more like I said I would way back on page... um.. page something or another. More later.

Finally, this is a wonderful thread. Great pics from all.

artist for hire?

Blue-

I have really enjoyed your posts and your comments, you are one of the few who have really participated in the spirit of the thread.

After reading numbers of posts, it seems that about 15 individuals, yourself included, are either friends or friendly acquaintances of the Hero Staff.

Every artist has a certain amount of ego, myself included. I do recognize some distinct limitations in my creative process(like my difficulty colorizing pictures). But, I do think with some determination and practice that I could provide quality work for anyone interested.

If you know how to go about submitting work for Hero, or working for one of the "studios" that provide work to Hero, I would appreciate your input.

I wish I was better involved in Hero (I've got a full-time job already--I mean, aside from posting here ;)). And while I enjoy harassing the Hero staff here and in Chat, i've only ever met any of them once. But check out the blue SUBMISSIONS link above. I'm sure they're always looking for talent that can meet deadlines.

I personally haven't looked into doing this professionally for a few reasons; Every art class I was ever in had at least three guys who blew my stuff away and I don't have the time to commit to art as anything more than a hobby.

Re: artist for hire?

Originally posted by drrushing

Every artist has a certain amount of ego, myself included. I do recognize some distinct limitations in my creative process(like my difficulty colorizing pictures). But, I do think with some determination and practice that I could provide quality work for anyone interested.

If you know how to go about submitting work for Hero, or working for one of the "studios" that provide work to Hero, I would appreciate your input.

Although your question was directed at Blue, I have a small suggestion along those lines.

You may already be aware of what I'm going to suggest, but if you go to the very top of this page a series of options appear there. The 6th one over is "Submissions," which specifically deals with guide-lines for submitting art work. I don't know if that was what you were looking for, but I hope it helps.

And if that doesn't work, maybe you could take up Nato's strategy for getting attention. ;)

Re: artist for hire?

Originally posted by drrushing

While you didn't direct your question to me, I would like to mention that we are also looking for artists. You can find our information at:

http://www.goldrushgames.com/subm.html

Cyclone

Cyclone, a wind/air based PC of mine. She's empowered by the ol' standby Mystical Artifact Dedicated To A God (in this case Vayu, a Hindu deity). Fun character to play, but attempts to draw her by hand failed miserably (it's hard to properly portray a character who's translucent/transparent and mottled with cloudlike patterns). Let's hear it for Poser!