Superhero Images

schir1964

Originally posted by Enforcer84

WHat happened to Cougar?

cougar's player is an actual working comics pro, and wants to hold on the character's design for a possible future project, so he asked if i wouldn't mind taking it down....

sorry--i'm glad you liked the pic, though!

Originally posted by Blue

As usual, great stuff.

Sadly, I'll never master Poser, so I just use it as a basic figure modeler to draw from.

SuperSquad America are very cool too. Look like a fun group.

thanx--but poser's not that hard--it's the upgrades and add-ons that'll do you in....

cyberpath and shard are interesting character concepts

but then i'm one of those who can never get enough of good looking female champs characters....

Originally posted by Chaosliege

What Program are you using for these pics? Where would I find it?

i am using poser4 (the latest version is poser5) as a well as having a pretty vast library of figures, costumes and props for use in the program--for more info on the poser, and what it can do for you, go to:

http://Http://www.curiouslabs.com

http://www.daz3d.com

and

http://www.renderosity.com

Originally posted by freakboy6117

well i spent a little tim eon it and i think it looks really spiffy coudl do with soem more highlighst and such thats my next task but i think ill find anotehr image to work with. just a suggestion for solomon if you do use the name Silverstone he should get to wear a classic set of leather racing goggles

Excellent! I have been learning Photoshop as well, and have to say you did an excellent job!

How about something a bit more down to earth?

This is Percival Prentiss, my character in a 1930 pulp game. The goggles are just glasses (which he actually only needs for reading).

I based the character on Hiram Holliday, a pulp era hero created by a very famous author in some of his first stories. Unfortunately, I have just had a senior moment and cannot remember his name. He wrote a lot of great stories over the years.

Percival, like Hiram, has been studying to be a hero for the last ten years. He's taken shooting lessons and boxing lessons and learned a bit about driving and piloting. Now he's found he is one of the Sons of K. D. Elder, a very diverse group who have inherited their fathers' estate and their father's penchant for investigating conspiracies...

Originally posted by freakboy6117

well this is the latest attempt i dont think i got the metalic feeling i wanted i think this calls for more investigation

Take a look at the metallic fill effects under blends. That might help see how the defaults work. It looks like a gradiant fill basically. Maybe add a lens flare or a light effect on the edge of the metallic surfaces.

I'm going to have to take another look at the coloring that I've done. It is definitely not up to snuff with your stuff, but I'm not very artisitic either.

Thanks for the posts!

For the metallic effect try adding a hard accent of very dark (but not black) tone, and a highlight of very bright (but not quite white) tone. The high contrast will help make it "shine". Then throw a small lens flare on the bright highlight. You'll want to do this on another layer likely so you can tweak until it looks right and then merge it down.

Looks good so far though.