Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Interested ?

Originally posted by death tribble

Although some of the pics are in Black and White, some are in colour but none are computer generated. All pen, pencil and ink.

We also had a fansheet with original art in that, including the covers. Would anybody be interested in me posting this ?

I know I'd like to see, so if you wouldn't mind scanning the stuff, please do!

Two Tickets to Acapulco 9 cover

We had a fanzine recording our exploits. It was called Two Tickets to Acapulco after Foxbat's run in with the Guardians memorably recorded in the cartoon strip in the rules.

Again artist is Paul Geelan. The hero with the spoon is the Unicorn created by Gary Young.

The can is Red Stripe, a beer.

EDIT: Attachment removed. Available on request

Arachneida

This is the mark 2 version of Arachneida.

She held this version until she lost her powers. Basically a female Spiderman created by Selma Stephen, the character became an everyman one after Selma went her own way.

The original version is not available to me as I quarrelled with the person who had the sheet and was the main DM for the campaign. it is unlikely that we will ever speak again either.

This version was drawn by my brother, Paul.

Arachneida Mk 3

This is the last version of Arachneida.

Arachneida lost all her powers after they were neutralized by a Champion of Order. At the time she was psychotic had four extra limbs and spider fangs as well. And was shown to be the daughter of Arak the spider god, lord of Chaos.

Refusing to give up, Arachneida went to the Magician who designed and built her a web gun and a bike. Although she had lost her enhanced physique, she could still fight crime.

Artist is my brother Paul.

The Flame Mk 1

The first hero in the campaign. My first character. The first leader and the one who came up with the name, The Protectors. (Well it was 1984, I had not seen To Serve and Protect which was not out until at least a year or more later and the GM Paul Geelan put me on the spot).

Paul Geelan was the artist and I coloured it in.

Great Alfonso

This is one of Angie's characters. Angie married the guy I ain't speaking to anymore. She banned me from their house before I had even got there and passed the message through someone else. I wouldn't mind if I had done anything to warrant it but still QED.

The Great Alfonso was one of the younger team members until his untimely death murdered by Master Spite. Master Spite was originally a member of the Chemical Compound called Arsenic, who Alfonso had incinerated while enraged for taking down the Magnetic Mistress.

The Magician

My second character was the Magician

He had magic attacks including a specifiable Energy blast. If I wanted fire or cold, I got it. He also had a variety of abilities like Flight and Teleport. He was an inventor and performer so was reasonably well off.

Like most of the characters he was built originally pre-4th edition.

He suffered from depression. Dismissed from the Protectors on grounds of gross negligence after he killed Dr Magic using a Holy Water blast.

Anytime I wanted a new character sheet I just photocopied the old one. It was to me a classic design.

artist again was Paul Geelan

Nemesis

This is Nemesis, the ID that the Avenger took after he decided to hide from the police and the Protectors. Or some of the Protectors. He killed the Cobra in cold blood when said Cobra was completely at his mercy.

As Nemesis he continued to stalk crime and fight villains until he was held prisoner by the Coven. Escaping he gave himself up after helping take down the Coven. e got off with a ten year sentence for manslaughter.

The Flame never forgave Nemesis aka the Avenger aka Winston Pollock for what he did and bringing the Protectors into disrepute.

Artist was Paul Geelan and it was his 2nd hero character. When I have most of the Voidwalker pics together I will post these as a batch so you can see the evolution of the hero.

Ranger 2

The second incarnation of the Ranger was a woman. Created and drawn by Paul Geelan.

The original Ranger was killed by his arch foe a crazed hunter.

The Sword was bequeathed to a Brazilian woman who became the second Ranger in modern times.

The Ranger was created by Chris Briggs and nicknamed the Headsman after he killed two villains by cutting their heads off. Fotrtunately this was not on Earth or in front of cameras.

Itb was partly this that led to the Protectors being a bit more concerned about what people did.

The Unicorn

Created like Mindtorm by Gary Young, this version was drawn by my brother Paul. After Gary left, the Unicorn was used by everybody.

A traitor to his own people, the Aupheans, the Unicorn was an Alien scout who went native. He was the team brick.

He liked Jazz music and drink. One of the easist of the heroes to get on with, he was friends with most of them. Except Dreadnought who almost got the Magician killed on one occasion. And the Unicorn never forgave him for it, Diplomatic Immunity or not.

Questionable pics: Copyright

I have a couple of pics which are based on other comic characters and am a little unsure whether to post them.

The most contentious is a Wolverine rip off called Wolfclaw.

It would be silly to post the image later to be told to remove it. It looks like Wolverine in that it has the three claws on each hand and is a similar design to when he first made his debut versus the Hulk. Can I or should I post it ?

The second is based on Big Barda, once head of the Female Furies and is an armour wearer. The drawing is adapted from it but looks less like it. Is that one safe to post ?

Thoughts please.

And if you have any comments on the art of Paul Geelan and my brother Paul pleas post those as well.

Re: Arachneida Mk 3

Originally posted by death tribble

This is the last version of Arachneida.

Arachneida lost all her powers after they were neutralized by a Champion of Order. At the time she was psychotic had four extra limbs and spider fangs as well. And was shown to be the daughter of Arak the spider god, lord of Chaos.

Refusing to give up, Arachneida went to the Magician who designed and built her a web gun and a bike. Although she had lost her enhanced physique, she could still fight crime.

Artist is my brother Paul.

I like the look of this one. Kind of a cloak and dagger (ie spy genre) feel, with a bit of a masked pulp hero because of the mask.

I also like the background on this character. Pretty cool

As the Flame founded the Protectors so too in time did the Warlock found the Pentacle, an Organization of evil sorcerors and things backed by agents.

The Warlock was one of the original villains debuting at the same time as that most wretched of things, the Overkill device. Naturally the Warlock tried to steal it. He was stopped but not apprehended. Mind you he did have a helicoptor smashed on his head and we did break the Overkill device. This time.

This is the original Character sheet, the mark 1. I will post others so the evolution can be traced.