Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Hey' date=' I am having a bit of trouble posting pictures to the new boards. I could do it on the old ones but now I just get my Thumbnail.[/quote']

Then you click on the thumbnail, copy the URL, and go back to edit your post. Type in the following

img src="URL"

Put this in these brackets: <> without spacing

and your picture should show up. Make sure it isn't too big though, or only half of it will show up and much scrolling will be needed.

Cheers,

Mags

Then you click on the thumbnail, copy the URL, and go back to edit your post. Type in the following

img src="URL"

Put this in these brackets: <> without spacing

and your picture should show up. Make sure it isn't too big though, or only half of it will show up and much scrolling will be needed.

I would also suggest adding the height tag to the img tag; helps the browser out a bit.

I'm currently working on this villain pic. It's Thorn from CKC. I am finding the coloring in Photoshop to be the most difficult part. And his left foot looks kind big. If the pose looks familiar, I got it from the "Wire Art" template. Comments?

Mags

Well, I had a little time to kill today, and was wondering if I could give Thorn a "wood-like" appearance. This is very rough so don't be too critical. ;)

Well' date=' I had a little time to kill today, and was wondering if I could give Thorn a "wood-like" appearance. This is very rough so don't be too critical. ;)[/quote']

Man, oh man, RP... I love what you did with the background! (I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth!) :D My, but those woods are cool looking. How'd you do that?

I agree with Lemming and Tim, he does blend a little too well, but I suspect that was the point, eh?

I really need to work on some more art. Darn it, if I didn't have to spend so much time job-hunting... I would!

And by the way, RP, do you like it when I post pics that need coloring? I could do this more often, if you want.

Mags

Man' date=' oh man, RP... I [i']love[/i] what you did with the background! (I know that's not what you wanted to hear, but it's the truth!) :D My, but those woods are cool looking. How'd you do that?

I agree with Lemming and Tim, he does blend a little too well, but I suspect that was the point, eh?

I really need to work on some more art. Darn it, if I didn't have to spend so much time job-hunting... I would!

And by the way, RP, do you like it when I post pics that need coloring? I could do this more often, if you want.

Mags

Well thanks! You are correct about the blending both that it is too well, and intentional. The funny thing is, on my monitor Thorn is distinct from the woods enough to notice his details so I think it may be a monitor issue that is causing some of the "over-blending".

I did the background with a high quality picture of some woods, and then Photoshopped them using a couple of the filters, primarily the cut-out filter.

I'm going to go back and use the depth filters, and see if I can't give Thorn a little more "pop" so that he doesn't blend in so well, I'll post it when I finish.

Sure, I like the challenge of coloring characters. I'm not very artistic though so sometimes my coloring doesn't really do the drawing justice. I also like coloring because it helps me learn more about Photoshop which I have to pseudo-support at work, as our marketing department uses it, but they are neo-phytes as well.

If you ever have a drawing that you would like to have colored with specific ideas in mind, let me know, and I'll see what I can do. I've been learning some of the more advanced tools lately so I would like to see if I can do something creative with them.

Thanks for all the great artwork Mags! Man, I wish I could draw... :(

Ok here is attempt no. 2. I blurred the background in stages to give some feeling of depth. (Not real pleased, but it will do). I added a shadow to anchor Thorn into the picture a little more. I saved this one as a jpg instead of png, so the quality will drop a bit, but I'm hoping the lower quality may actually help "blend" everything together a little more.

Haven't posted one in awhile. Here's one of the current roster of the team we started in college (hard to believe its been 10+ years!).

FORCE 2004 L to R (Back): Starhammer, Anvil (the only character I've ever freehanded), The Mighty Meteor, Winterhawk, Heavyweight. (Front) Magenta, Minutiae, Dr. Tempest, The Lensman (with all respects to Edward Elmer Smith).

I am working on a character concept and need help with the artwork.

The character is Mogen David (shield of David)

He is going to be the israeli version of captain america so I need a captain america like character with the USA motif replaced with the israel Flag and his round shield replaced with a Mogen David.

Anyone able to help?

Whoops, forgot to add. Concept by me, execution by Sam Bell for the drawings.

I'm impressed with the CoH costume maker.

Me too, but it feels like cheating since I still like to consider myself as having a modecom of artistic talent.

Me too' date=' but it feels like cheating since I still like to consider myself as having a modecom of artistic talent.[/quote']

Yeah, but I'm lazy and let any talent I had sputter away. I used to do the pencils often enough for my characters, then Sam would somehow make them look good. ;)

Yeah' date=' but I'm lazy and let any talent I had sputter away. I used to do the pencils often enough for my characters, then Sam would somehow make them look good. ;)[/quote']

I hope to hit the lottery so I can have my HERO a Day thread all done by Storn.

he doesn't know it yet:eg:

I hope to hit the lottery so I can have my HERO a Day thread all done by Storn.

he doesn't know it yet:eg:

And when I win the lottery, gonna buy all the girls on my block

Silver-plated six shooters and a quart of the finest highland scotch :D