Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

And they are discussing cost: True, in some cases modelers already have what you want. And like any vendor it will cost some. But depending on what you need you just might be able to find what you need for free. Legally free. Renderosity, 3dcommune, Animotions and others all have free props. And some are incredibly professional.

http://www.giovanni-wod.net/images/rapierman1a.bmp

(careful, it's a large image)

This is a prime example of a quality character pic that cost virtually nothing. Michael 3 figure (which I got for free for being apart of the Platinum club at Daz 3d), the texture cost me and so did the hair. The outfit complete with swords and all was free.

Looking at the swordsman (great image btw) as an example, you wrote: “the outfit complete with swords and all was free.†Do you mean that it was one of those free props you were talking about?

Indeed I do. If you know where to look and how to look' date=' you can find some gems.[/quote']

But what if you'd had something very specific in mind?

What if you have a specific personal vision of *exactly* how the outfit and swords should look? After all, those are a major part of the character. Wouldn't that have changed the process, and at least made the character cost more?

Again, depends on your skills and abilities there.

If you have the time and know-how then edit the textures to the outfit. Add a different prop to the suit. etc.

Without knowing what exactly you want it makes it hard to answer that question.

Ultimately though, you as the artist will end up deciding on whether to pay for an item, find a freebie, or make it yourself.

Something I made up at lunch. Simple line drawing and Literally a Random Color-Scheme. (I was taking colors from random web pages as they came up, just to be kooky). I *will* recolor this the right way, but not today.

Something I made up at lunch. Simple line drawing and Literally a Random Color-Scheme. (I was taking colors from random web pages as they came up' date=' just to be kooky). I *will* recolor this the right way, but not today.[/quote']

Hey, I really like the color scheme as it is. :)

Hiya gang ... I did this piece as a study for updating the suit from the old Champions book :) ... it's far from being fully updated, but I figured I'd post the study and see if anyone had any feedback ... so far, I added the cape and chin piece :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=6187

Thanks :) The original character only had the white dot ... he was on the cover of 2e Champions ... but I've thought about making the circle into a stylized "C" ... plus I'm thinking of modding the gloves and boots a bit, either by adding straps or making them a bit more distinctive ... What do you think, should I?

Here is a practice hero from Comic Artist.. I named him Cerulean, which is blue.

The pain about using this program and Heromachine is that you have to do a screen capture to place the image into a workable file before you can manipulate it. Then, of course, there is a lot of clean up involved. Additionally, the picture starts out smaller than I prefer, since I like to work with larger files and shrink the image when I am ready to share.

Mags

attachment.php?attachmentid=6351attachment.php?attachmentid=6352

Thanks :) The original character only had the white dot ... he was on the cover of 2e Champions ... but I've thought about making the circle into a stylized "C" ... plus I'm thinking of modding the gloves and boots a bit' date=' either by adding straps or making them a bit more distinctive ... What do you think, should I?[/quote'] Well if he is named Champion maybe lose the circle and put a stylized "C"? As for the gloves and boots, I would have to see what you have in mind.

Yes' date=' it is. I think a link has been posted around here somewhere...[/quote']

I found it on the Supervillain Thread.

Here are a few I did today.

Inferno, Tornado, and Lightning.

Members of The Masters of Disasters.

Guest bblackmoor

So the purpose of this thread is show others our character drawings? Okay, here is a character I ran 10-15 years ago, called Avalon (which is probably why the costume has such a 1980s look). I was looking for a pbem game recently, with the intention of creating the "next generation" of the character, but that fell through. I'd like to re-do the character in Poser or maybe hand drawn using a Bruce Timm style, but if I'm not actually playing the character, the thought of it just depresses me. Ah, well: I still have my memories.

The outline for this was traced from a character in the old Marvel Universe comic. The clothes (such as they are), the hair, and the shading are all my fault. ;)

avalon.png

I found it on the Supervillain Thread.

Here are a few I did today.

Inferno, Tornado, and Lightning.

Members of The Masters of Disasters.

Great color scheme for lightning. Not your typical lighhtning-style villain. Nary a lightning bolt anywhere, which is refreshing.