Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

The outline for this was traced from a character in the old Marvel Universe comic. The clothes (such as they are), the hair, and the shading are all my fault. ;)

avalon.png

As a fellow tracer, I commend your work. Great job on the hair! Especially considering the pose is Gypsy Moth (I am such a dork) and the hair on the source ain't the same.

Got anymore to show us?

Here's the 'ad' for the crossover event I ran this past weekend. Four hero teams from two dimensions. I couldn't think of a better name for the crossover' date=' so I ripped off 'Reality Storm'.[/quote'] Is that the reality Storm from the old TORG game? Do you have a webpage BTW? I would love to know who these characters are :)

Guest bblackmoor

Got anymore to show us?

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to character illustrations. I usually just find an existing image of a person or superhero, and use that. Sometimes I touch them up a bit, or change the colors. Here is one from a game a year or two ago. She was an Aberrant character called "Argent". You recognized Gypsy Moth. See if you can figure out who this was originally. I'll give you a hint: that's not her original head. :)

Incidentally, I do play male characters, but for some reason I do not go to as much trouble customizing their portraits, so there's not much to see. I do have one I drew entirely myself, but it's not much to look at. If I can even find it, I'll scan it in and post it.

Hmm... you know, now that I see them side by side, the costumes (other than the colors) of Avalon and Argent are almost the same. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

argent.png

I'm pretty lazy when it comes to character illustrations. I usually just find an existing image of a person or superhero' date=' and use that. Sometimes I touch them up a bit, or change the colors. Here is one from a game a year or two ago. She was an Aberrant character called "Argent". You recognized Gypsy Moth. See if you can figure out who this was originally. I'll give you a hint: that's not her original head. :)[/quote'] I have no clue. You got me on this one.

Incidentally, I do play male characters, but for some reason I do not go to as much trouble customizing their portraits, so there's not much to see. I do have one I drew entirely myself, but it's not much to look at. If I can even find it, I'll scan it in and post it.
Now that I would like to see :)

Hmm... you know, now that I see them side by side, the costumes (other than the colors) of Avalon and Argent are almost the same. I wonder if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
I don't think they look that similar in the end. Perhaps you are just too close to them and see them as such? Either way another great image, really really well done :cheers:

Guest bblackmoor

I have no clue. You got me on this one.

The body is from a character named Jade, from one of those alternate universes DC used to be so full of. You can see that all I did was re-color it:

glhod3.jpg

The head is from an entirely different character, whose name I do not recall. She wasn't a main character, iirc; I think she was somebody's girlfriend. But I thought she had just the right look, so I chopped off her head. :)

Guest bblackmoor

Now that I would like to see :)

Here are two male characters. The first, Darknight, is entirely hand drawn by me. That's why it looks so crude. This is from 1986 or thereabouts. The second, FSPD TacSec (Tactical Security) Armor circa 1991 or so, is mostly drawn by me, although if I recall correctly I traced the muscles for the arms, legs, and chest from a character in Marvel Universe. Some of the armor details are cribbed from a villain who showed up once in Iron Man. I never claimed to be original.

darknight_tn.png

tacsec_tn.png

TacSec armor appears to be a bit snug in the pants.

It was a song by a one hit wonder named Falco. It was a weirdo video in the heady birth of MTV.
Actually Falco had two US hits Rock Me Amadeus, but before that Der Kommissar (remade in English by After the Fire).

He also had moderate chart action with two other songs, Jeannie (a very haunting tale about a woman who gets murdered) and Viena Calling.

Now Nena, there was a German one hit wonder. :rockon:

Here are two male characters. The first' date=' Darknight, is entirely hand drawn by me. That's why it looks so crude. This is from 1986 or thereabouts. The second, FSPD TacSec (Tactical Security) Armor circa 1991 or so, is mostly drawn by me, although if I recall correctly I traced the muscles for the arms, legs, and chest from a character in Marvel Universe. Some of the armor details are cribbed from a villain who showed up once in Iron Man. I never claimed to be original. [/quote'] Graet stuff. Darknight looks very Moon Knight, and since he is one of my favs, kudos :D Nice drawing BTW, much better than anything I can do.

TacSec looks very much like he is based on th pose of Defender from the Champions 4th Ed book.

Regardless it is an awesome suit of armour and I would officially like to as for permission to use it in my game (and by default on my webpage). If no, that's cool. :)

As I said earlier, got anymore? This stuff is cool :thumbup:

Guest bblackmoor

TacSec looks very much like he is based on th pose of Defender from the Champions 4th Ed book.

I am reasonably sure that drawing predates Champions 4, but it's possible that you are correct and I simply don't remember it.

Regardless it is an awesome suit of armour and I would officially like to as for permission to use it in my game (and by default on my webpage).

Yes, of course. Although I'm not sure why you'd want to.

The body is from a character named Jade' date=' from one of those alternate universes DC used to be so full of. [/quote']

Not to be a stickler ... but Jade's mainstream these days ;) The daughter of the Golden Age Green Lantern and former girlfriend of GL Kyle Rayner ... while she may have gotten her origins as a member of Infinity Inc on Earth-2, after the Crisis this has all be retrofitted into the mainstream universe :)

Is that the reality Storm from the old TORG game? Do you have a webpage BTW? I would love to know who these characters are :)

Actually, I took Reality Storm from the recent Silver Age Sentinels/Champions crossover suppliment. My campaign has a yahoo group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/heroicchicago/

Please feel free to join if you have a yahoo profile.

Falco ?

Oh Rock me Amadeus !

(Rep to anyone who can tell me what this means)

Oh come on now Tribble... the Infamouse 80's tune by Falko (the 1 hit wonder) from Germany. 'Rock Me Amadeus'

I loved that catchy tune!!

WC

Graet stuff.... TacSec looks very much like he is based on th pose of Defender from the Champions 4th Ed book.

bblackmoor: I am reasonably sure that drawing predates Champions 4, but it's possible that you are correct and I simply don't remember it.

I checked the Defender pic... and while really close that's not it. Now on the otherhand, I think I know exactly what pic he used. It's one I've used a few times myself when I was searching for poses. It's Gemini from an old 3rd ed Villains book. Can't remember exactly but it might have been Villainy Unbound.

Here's an old pic that I drew way back then.. you'll see it's prety close to the same pose... I ajusted some things, but if my memory servs (and I'm prety good at poses... not much else, just poses) then I'm right.

WC

There was this guy who did some artwork for Champions High School. I don't remember his name, but I would like to ask him if he could do an image of Lady Heart (my charater in CHS).

Thanks for hearing me out.

Steriaca.

Guest bblackmoor

I think I know exactly what pic he used. ...Gemini from an old 3rd ed Villains book.

While I did (at oine time) have damned near everything published for Champions 1, 2, and 3, I am really pretty sure that the musculature of the guy wearing TacSec armor was based, piecemeal, on figures from Marvel Universe. I may be mistaken, because it was a number of years ago, but I am pretty sure.

I'm not sure why it matters, though.

I'm not sure why it matters' date=' though.[/quote']

Your right... just a quirk of mine.

Anyway it made me nostalgic for my old char Gadgeteer, so I found the colored version of him from back in 90-91. The sheet it's on was taken from a template he got from a game store, he sd he got it from Albert Deschesund (sp?) himself, I don't know I didn't get a chance to run down there myself. anyway I liked the Idea of a few alt angels of the char, but back then I wasn't all that good, so I just used the same pose, and changed the costume... I think I used ADs profile on this one... I used the templates he had on these for a few other chars, but not this one... Like I said I got the pose from that Gemini char in the old Villains book.

WC

Actually, I took Reality Storm from the recent Silver Age Sentinels/Champions crossover suppliment. My campaign has a yahoo group:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/heroicchicago/

Please feel free to join if you have a yahoo profile.

Signed up :) Neat stuff there. That Bruce Timm style art is really popular these days. Did you do them yourself?

Anyway it made me nostalgic for my old char Gadgeteer' date=' so I found the colored version of him from back in 90-91. The sheet it's on was taken from a template he got from a game store, he sd he got it from Albert Deschesund (sp?) himself, I don't know I didn't get a chance to run down there myself. anyway I liked the Idea of a few alt angels of the char, but back then I wasn't all that good, so I just used the same pose, and changed the costume... I think I used ADs profile on this one... I used the templates he had on these for a few other chars, but not this one... Like I said I got the pose from that Gemini char in the old Villains book. [/quote'] Fantastic! Awesome... Love the look of this guy :) Very high-tech cop :rockon:

Fantastic! Awesome... Love the look of this guy :) Very high-tech cop :rockon:

Thanx

It's an Old pic, but yeah I always liked the overall design. He's not a cop, but I can see the likeness... never looked at him like that, but I guess, like someone said eailer "Maybe I'm too close to it"

Anyway he was a normal guy, with the Mutant ability to make gadgets... you know to make things out of junk and other parts... things that should work, but do for some reason.

Thanx again

WC

Guest bblackmoor

Anyway it made me nostalgic for my old char Gadgeteer

Yeah, I remembet when the Gadget Pool rules came out. What a hoot that was. Overnight, every supergroup had a gadgeteer, and in no time at all we didn't know how we had ever survived without them. Sure, they weren't the fastest or the toughest, but imagine how far Luke would have gotten without R2-D2. ;)