Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

While I'm here, I ought to post something I just completed the other day. I've posted the black and white version of this piece in this thread before, and now here's the color version. The original had a few "speedlines" to denote motion. Here, I"ve erased those in favor of the backdrop. I found a picture of the New York skyline that was at a perfect angle for my needs, and motion blurred it. Looks pretty decent if I do say so!

Loraleap2-color.jpg

Very Ben Dunn-ish (did the cover of Red Doom for Champions as well as tons of stuff at Antartic Press and R Talsorian's Mekton). And being a fan of his I'd have to say this is very well 'Dunn' :)

Her name is Firedrake and now that I've gotten her colored' date=' I can see there's more than a little bit of influence from Morningstar, of Bill Willinghams's [i']Elementals[/i], in her costume design and overall look.

Did you draw this freehand? Pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the anime style, but this one is nice. Excellent coloring job, too.

Mags

Way back in about '86 or '87 there was a brief fad in the Champions group I was in for drawing the covers of the comics that our PCs were supposed to be appearing in. I'm not much of a draughtsman' date=' but I ground out a series of seven satirical covers for my battlesuit characer, Colonel Carnage. Here is number 7, to make those of you who can draw look good.[/quote']

Hey Agemegoes, that's not bad... I'd like to see the other issues 1-6. It's far better than my stuff from back in the late 80s

WC

Here's another picture that I posted in B&W line format a while back. Now colored. Her name is Firedrake and now that I've gotten her colored' date=' I can see there's more than a little bit of influence from Morningstar, of Bill Willinghams's [i']Elementals[/i], in her costume design and overall look. Ah well, we steal only from the best... ^_^

EXELENT Coloring job Logan... Like Mags said I'm not a big fan of the anime style, but this looks GREAT

WC

Well' date=' here's my ancient Champions 3.0 character: [b']Dr. Jurassic[/b].

Obviously a move-through artist, with extra levels of running and internal armor only usable vs move-through co-damage.

Hey, that's great. A fun image, and well-executed. Now I've got to try to figure out a place to use the guy...

I'd love to see him colored...

Guest bblackmoor

I'm not much of a draughtsman' date=' but I ground out a series of seven satirical covers for my battlesuit characer, Colonel Carnage.[/quote']

I like it!

Hey, that's great. A fun image, and well-executed. Now I've got to try to figure out a place to use the guy...

I'd love to see him colored...

This is really quick and dirty, and I'm taking extreme liberties with colors, and I hope Nyrath forgives my feeble attempt.

Did you draw this freehand? Pretty good. I'm not a big fan of the anime style' date=' but this one is nice. Excellent coloring job, too.[/quote']

Freehand all the way, of course!

The coloring job was a bear. But I'm getting better at it. I'm debating as to whether the overall picture came out too dark, and whether to lighten it.

well here are my latest attemt at a hero picture at least a side kick teh latest revision of the strange defender doctor HEL gave her two floating robotic lab assistants/bopdyguards/genral flunkies. this is bob i think his younger brother will be weeble.

I'm not sure if he works better in silver or red.

The coloring job was a bear. But I'm getting better at it. I'm debating as to whether the overall picture came out too dark' date=' and whether to lighten it.[/quote']

No need to lighten it. It's the darkness which lends to the atmosphere of the pic.

Mags

Hey Agemegoes' date=' that's not bad... I'd like to see the other issues 1-6. It's far better than my stuff from back in the late 80s.[/quote']

I'm sorry, I gave #5 and #6 to a different friend than I gave the others to, and don't have scans of them. but here are #1-4. I have also included one that I abandoned when I realised that I had fouled up the perspective beyond recovery.

I was inspired by the space pics in the Cool Images thread in NGD

and decided to design a truely cosmic style character.

I'm still getting the hand of the GIMP, but I think it is

coming along better than Sr. Misterio some 40 pages back...

Once again using Bruce Timm style templates, this time combined with

the above space photos.

This is really quick and dirty' date=' and I'm taking extreme liberties with colors, and I hope Nyrath forgives my feeble attempt.[/quote']

Heh, not bad. Could use some white highlights following the contours.

If I ever get some free time I'll play with it myself.

You all probably know about this site already, but it has some useful tutorials for Adobe Photoshop for colorizing line art.

Did you see the Disney remake of Flubber starring Robin Williams? Reminds me of the floating robot htey had in it.

yeah that was sort of teh insperation but its actually almost all an actually NASA space station tool which is basiccally a jet propelled ultra PDA I just gave it a face and the emmiter arrays