Superhero Images

schir1964

Dr Apocalypse 2

The original Dr Apocalypse was a recurring villain but at this stage was thought dead after the Bravarian Illuminati sent an assassin out who sliced and diced the good doctor's brain.

So his son became Dr Apocalypse 2 and came after the Protectors. Later his daughter would take on the heroes but that's another story.

Created and drawn by Paul Geelan.

EDIT: Attachment removed. Available on request

Carnage

Now some of you might recognise this little lady. This is Herculan's daughter, Carnage. Well not 5th edition obviously.

Carnage is half alien and a brick. She is also a regular member of the Chaos Corps, banes in the life of the North East Protectors especially around Halloween Night.

Created and drawn by Paul Geelan

Poison

This is Paul Geelan's adaptation of a villain I believe in Enemies: The International File called Pretty Poison. The idea was ok but needed work so Paul did this drawing and reworked the stats and origin. Voila Poison.

Thaw almost ended up as her husband on a couple of occasions. And she almost got elected as head of state in the country's elections after Communism fell.

Another member of the Chaos Corps.

Wolfclaw

This one is he contentious one and I will happily remove if it is too IP. If a moderator also removes it before hand for this reason, so be it.

However having seen the Epoch design which was adapted from a DC comics villain, I felt that it should be ok to post this one.

Wolfclaw was a Wolverine rip off as you can see. The costume is when he was a member of the group MAIM, Mutants Against Ignorant Mankind.

Created by the main GM of the campaign. And often badly played. 5d6 HKA before Str and trying to figure in martial arts and that ws used in preference to most anything else. Sadly.

Drawn by Angie.

Here's another one of mine.

This is Aquarius.

She can turn into water, control it, use it to add to her size, and of course use it as a blast.

One time her team was fighting beside a sewage treatment plant so using he control of water hit the villians with a 'sludge hammer'. :eek:

Dr Apocalypse 2 mk 2

This is the Dr Apocalypse 2 armour after it has been in for an upgrade.

To recap, Dr Apocalypse 2 is the son of Dr Apocalypse and is out for revenge after the Protectors aided in the death of his father. At this juncture Doc Apoc 2 is a member of the group VILE. Villains International League of Evil.

The Flame Mk 3

This is the third rendition of the Flame character sheet. I am not putting up Mk 2 as it really does not give much to people.

However Mk 3 does.

As you see the Flame is in flight and about to open fire. There is a little water damage which is why the right hand side is blue.

At this point in his career the Flame has clashed with several of his team mates for their lax attitude to law enforcement

ie looking cool is more important than enforcing the law and the penchent for some of them to let the villains go.

He was also liaising with the government over the running of the team. No easy thing when Thatcher is in charge.

The drawing is by my brother Paul.

The Swamp Witch

Sometimes your mistakes come back to haunt you. Other times something you were supposed to find inert like say a Skull turns into the real thing.

So the whole group of us are in our first multi-part adventure which pits the Archon and his champions, The Protectors against the forces of the Destroyer. We had to collect pieces of something like the key to time. So having collected the first bit, the Magician (Yup my character) hit the wrong button in the time sphere and we ended up in the 13th Century. Up against the Swamp Witch. She was functionally blind but made do with sonar. And used Telekinesis in the form of a huge purple demon.

Created and drawn by Paul Geelan this was the first villain in the campaign to have reflection. She became another recurring foe joining the Warlock in the Pentacle.

Master Spite

Those who have been following the thread will have seen me mention Arsenic and what he became Master Spite. This indeed is Master Spite, a thoroughly horrible villain.

If you killed him, he regenerated. He has a couple of nasty transformation and killing attacks. Spite joined the Pentacle and had his revenge on the Great Alfonso killing him in combat despite stringent efforts to save his life.

Spite became one of the villains that got pounded in order to stop him doing something nasty. because his nasty was nasty indeed.

Warlock 3

Here we see the Warlock in typical gloating mode. Near the end of his terrestial life he will soon die at the hands of the Protectors only to come back as a powerful Demon.

Some villains. You maim them, you kill them. And then they turn up on your doorstep for revenge. What did we ever do to them ?

Created and drawn by Paul Geelan. My favourite of the Warlock drawings.

Vincento 'No Nose' Urko

The attached is an example of aul's warped creativity on occasion. He wanted a Demon a little bit different for a witch to summon and this is what he came up with.

Mysteria looked like an ordinary paranormal but was a witch. And what she summoned up was Vincento. First time he appeared he did not say much. Until someone actually stunned Mysteria. he then pulled out a humungous handgun and opened fire on the offending hero uttering the line

'You hurta the bossa lady, you make a my day !'

Vincento was hunted by Elvis the Centaur. (Yup, Presley crossed with a centaur).

Silly Villain: Dr Jackal

He talked like Noel Coward (see the original Italian Job with Michael Caine and a 40s film called In Which We Serve), dressed elegantly but was the result of Genetic experimentation down on Willow Farm carried out by Marion Willow.

This is Dr Jackal. He was smooth, suave sophisticated and kept his erstwhile partner, Mr Punch in check.

A great fun villain created and drawn by Paul Geelan

Silly Villain: Mr Punch

Part of the dynamic duo, Dr Jackal and Mr Punch, the latter was a simple and simple minded brick.

In England there was a tradition known as Punch and Judy shows where Mr Punch usully used a truncheon to beat up Judy, the Crocodile, the Policeman and the Doctor. He also talked in a high pitched voice.

Typical dialogue:-

Mr Punch: Can I hit them Dr Jackal ?

Dr Jackal: No, Punch

Mr Punch: Oh, what a pity.

Very Silly Villain: Dr Strangefruit

This is what happens when you cross Carmen Miranda with Dr Doom. Always good for a laugh, this is Dr Strangefruit.

And if you should thwart his plans, the obviously you were his arch enemy. The good Doctor would turn on the hero and say

'You ! You're Richard Reeds !'

And if you don't get that then you really need to read the Fantastic Four.

Death Tribble asked me to comment on Paul Geelan's work. I'm sorry to hear that this person has dissappeared.

The artwork is raw. That doesn't mean much, my artwork was raw once upon a time too.

If Paul was around, I would point him towards Burne Hogarth's dynamic anatomy... the anatomy needs to come up a notch. Also, to start paying attention to line weight, it is uniform and that is the kiss of boredom in a drawing. Lastly, ditch the color pencils. Granted, these are a decade old and now we have digital color. But color pencils, unless you are doing tremendous amounts of work with, are just cheap looking.

Learn watercolor instead. Or acrylic. Watercolor is fast!!! But very difficult. My favorite superhero traditional paint is goauche, because it is SO graphic, so matte. And it scans better than any paint I know of. But many people find goache very difficult to master.

What about digital Storn?, you use it! Unless you learn at least one traditional means of painting, applying color, digital will be a horrible crutch. I find going back and forth between traditional painting and digital painting, they inform one another. But digital is SO vast and SO easy, it is a horrible trap of TOO many options for a new artist. You might not believe me, but it is the plain truth. Trust me on this. There will be a few exceptions, but they will have to work twice as hard as they need to.

Lastly, to make a transition between hobby artist and one who works in this field, or any other illustration field... ya got to be able to tell a story. Now, I'm doodling costume designs and bad guys in my own thread and that is fine and cool... nothing wrong with it. But I get hired because I can do multiple figures in action with a foreground, middleground background that tells a story. And perspective, anatomy, design, emotion, drama... its all there. Now we are talking about a much more difficult beast to deal with than simple head to toe shots of superheroes/villians.

Here endeth the lecture.