Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

and here is the miniature for that character I kit-bashed out of spare parts.

I like it!

Hey, I was wondering if I should start a new thread just for pics of my painted minis, but I think that this thread is right to show them in... what do you guys think? New thread just for miniatures, yes or no? A buddy of mine gave me a digital camera today but it'll be a couple of days before I can get any of the pics into my computer (need some more equipment, first).

Mags

I like it!

Hey, I was wondering if I should start a new thread just for pics of my painted minis, but I think that this thread is right to show them in... what do you guys think? New thread just for miniatures, yes or no? A buddy of mine gave me a digital camera today but it'll be a couple of days before I can get any of the pics into my computer (need some more equipment, first).

Mags

My vote's for a separate thread. No reason to muddy the waters. Just post a link to the new thread here for those who wish to follow it.

My vote's for a separate thread. No reason to muddy the waters. Just post a link to the new thread here for those who wish to follow it.

I could go either way, no major preference. Proditor had a wicked Knighthawk he modded, maybe it could be linked to the new thread.

Heres a link to his site, showing his Grond in production

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/proditor/workbench.htm

And as a free bonus' date=' here is a crude pencil sketch of a character that never gelled. It's free so you have to clean it up and colorize it.[/quote']I had a little time so I played around with an idea. Naturally it would have to be cleaned up a lot, but the idea is there.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew someone would step up and keep this thread alive :)

I haven't done anything lately worthy of posting. But I'll post this one until I finish the version I'm working on now (which so far is looking much better).

I needed to create a timeline in which the world has been altered. Accordingly, I needed versions of our heroes that are older and who have been changed by the timeline alterations. This is the first one, an older version of my character, ANTHEM, who has turned from Martial Artist to Mage. I'm still working on the back story for "why", but I think it has something to do with a need to stop a supernatural menace and inheriting his powers on his defeat.

I knew someone would step up and keep this thread alive :)

I haven't done anything lately worthy of posting. But I'll post this one until I finish the version I'm working on now (which so far is looking much better).

I needed to create a timeline in which the world has been altered. Accordingly, I needed versions of our heroes that are older and who have been changed by the timeline alterations. This is the first one, an older version of my character, ANTHEM, who has turned from Martial Artist to Mage. I'm still working on the back story for "why", but I think it has something to do with a need to stop a supernatural menace and inheriting his powers on his defeat.

Very cool, Blue. I love the "American mage" look and concept. Very unique.

Here's the better version, done during my lunch hour.

Call me crazy, but there are aspects of the first one that I like better. In particular, I like the odd, not quite defined look of the stripes in the first version better than I like the follow-up version. I do agree that the star effect, the face, the dress, and the clear (as opposed to dotted) background are better on the second version, but I miss the look of the cloak.

The main reason I redrew it was because the nose was messed up, but there were plenty of other things for me to nitpick. But what bugged me about the initial cloak was the was that the pattern's flow worked against the way the cloak draped. If I could get that banded color effect AND make it curve in the ways I want, I'd go with that. Unfortunately, that will likely take more time and effort than I can squeeze into my fractured attention span.

Call me crazy' date=' but there are aspects of the first one that I like better. In particular, I like the odd, not quite defined look of the stripes in the first version better than I like the follow-up version. I do agree that the star effect, the face, the dress, and the clear (as opposed to dotted) background are better on the second version, but I miss the look of the cloak.[/quote']

I'm in agreement here... In any Event Great work as always Blue

WC

I'll be beginning a new campaign soon and have uncovered some of the art from a campaign almost 20 years ago. I am having some new art done for my game by a guy who did some work for Ultimate Martial artist. For now I can only post the old pics.

EJ

This is an early version of Lora that's had a slight update, both in linework and with a new color job.

One of the seemingly infinite uses of Photoshop is how you can use it to correct works that you're not satisfied with or that need clean up. My facial design for Lora has changed slightly over the last few years, and while I still liked the original drawing, I decided to "update" it by drawing a new face for her in my newer style and replacing the original with it. Also tweaked the body proportions ever so slightly as well. I'm really rather pleased with the final outcome in that regard.

The color job, I'm not quite as happy with. This looks very simplified and two-dimensional compared to some of the other stuff I've posted. It's a function of the limitations of the original drawing though. I shaded it in black and white using zip-a-tone, and had to work to some degree with that.

Nevertheless, I've always liked the overall color scheme design of this outfit. Those of you who have seen the later version of her in the "UNTIL uniform" will note that those shoulder pauldrons are the only element of this original design that I've kept for her costume.

And those boots! GAH! Lora's able to run at 75+ MPH in short bursts. At the time I designed this outfit, I hadn't considered what those boot cuffs would do at that speed! She'd lose them in short order! Not to mention the fact that that shoulderless, sleeveless top would cause problems for an essentially acrobatic brick like her. Oh well. I've "fixed" those problems now. And consider this costume more like something she might wear "out dancing".

This is an early version of Lora that's had a slight update, both in linework and with a new color job.

One of the seemingly infinite uses of Photoshop is how you can use it to correct works that you're not satisfied with or that need clean up. My facial design for Lora has changed slightly over the last few years, and while I still liked the original drawing, I decided to "update" it by drawing a new face for her in my newer style and replacing the original with it. Also tweaked the body proportions ever so slightly as well. I'm really rather pleased with the final outcome in that regard.

The color job, I'm not quite as happy with. This looks very simplified and two-dimensional compared to some of the other stuff I've posted. It's a function of the limitations of the original drawing though. I shaded it in black and white using zip-a-tone, and had to work to some degree with that.

Nevertheless, I've always liked the overall color scheme design of this outfit. Those of you who have seen the later version of her in the "UNTIL uniform" will note that those shoulder pauldrons are the only element of this original design that I've kept for her costume.

And those boots! GAH! Lora's able to run at 75+ MPH in short bursts. At the time I designed this outfit, I hadn't considered what those boot cuffs would do at that speed! She'd lose them in short order! Not to mention the fact that that shoulderless, sleeveless top would cause problems for an essentially acrobatic brick like her. Oh well. I've "fixed" those problems now. And consider this costume more like something she might wear "out dancing".

Oh my...someone who can do anime right. I wish I could draw more than stick figures. Then I could prehaps have a chance to draw Lady Heart well.