Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Well, I wasn't going to post this one since it's not really superheroic-looking, but when has that stopped me?

This is Ares, God of War. My first version had him as a general but I think he's more interesting as an everyman soldier in the thick of modern warfare. Obviously I mimicked a photo for this (as is often my custom). Since Athena died a few years back, war has become more savage, less clear-cut in ideals.

Excellent, Schir!

Glad you picked a sort of neutral color too (Blue) because I didn't want him easily identifiable by nation. (I figure his outfit morphs to whatever army he's decided to back that week anyway.)

Well if you had something specific in mind, describe it. I've already parsed the image and changing it would only take 10 to twenty minutes tops. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

Well if you had something specific in mind, describe it. I've already parsed the image and changing it would only take 10 to twenty minutes tops. (8^D)

- Christopher Mullins

Nope, I hadn't even made up my mind when I drew it. As I said, I figured he'd be wearing the color of whatever army I had him appearing as part of (which would likley vary greatly, since he can pop up at any given battlefield on earth). Blue works great.

Does anyone know if the following Artists have websites? Or some way to contact them?

Greg Smith

Johnathan Davenport

Eric Lofgren

Patrick Zircher

I've done some coloriztions of thier artwork, but I'm not about to post it here without thier permission.

- Christopher Mullins

Does anyone know if the following Artists have websites? Or some way to contact them?

Greg Smith

Johnathan Davenport

Eric Lofgren

Patrick Zircher

I've done some coloriztions of thier artwork, but I'm not about to post it here without thier permission.

- Christopher Mullins

You should also make sure it is not artwork which doj owes. My understanding is that doj purchases all their artwork now rather than "renting" it.

What's this doing about to drop onto page 3? Bad thread! Bad Thread! Get back up there.

At lunch I drew the "City of Heroes" updated version of my character, Anthem's costume. It's actually a hybrid (In CoH she can't have shurikens, and they don't have a mask that ties on the side).

(Mimicked the pose from a photo. Unfortunately here it looks like she has back problems, which couldn't be further from the truth, if you've seen her fight ;))

At lunch I drew the "City of Heroes" updated version of my character, Anthem's costume. It's actually a hybrid (In CoH she can't have shurikens, and they don't have a mask that ties on the side).

(Mimicked the pose from a photo. Unfortunately here it looks like she has back problems, which couldn't be further from the truth, if you've seen her fight ;))

Very nice. No, Blue, she doesn't look like she has back problems. ;) She's smiling.

Mags