schir1964

Superhero Images

Re: Superhero Images

Good pose. Are you sure you don't look at models when drawing? Great job, Blue!

Mags

I often look at photos. Especially if something bugs me about what I'm drawing.

"The persepective on her arm looks funny, how do I make it not look like her arm is 18" long?"... That kind of thing.

Faces I will often be looking at a picture even if it is nothing like what I'm drawing. Reason: If I don't I start doing things like putting the eyes too far apart. It's a proportion issue I can't explain. My head goes crazy without a basic guide. Once I've got the positioning down I'm better off and can run with it.

That last one I've often wondered if there was some kind of disorder associated with it. I mean, I'm 35 and this still happens after thousands of drawings.

That last one I've often wondered if there was some kind of disorder associated with it. I mean, I'm 35 and this still happens after thousands of drawings.

No, not at all. I look at models when I draw, too, because I am a visual artist. I can draw faces and bodies without a model, but then I tend to fall into my own style and that's not a style I prefer.

The only reason I asked is because that pic reminded me of another pic in a clothing ad I saw recently. No biggie, I was just curious to see if someone else used that method, too. :D

Keep up the awesome work!

Mags

I think I copped the original photo from the internet, but I don't know who it's of. I have a hard drive full of photos I peruse when I can't figure out how to draw something.

And thanks :D

My most recent character:

Bleed is a power stealer who suffers from depression and self-injury (she's a cutter)

MnM stats:

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/MnM/MyPCs/Bleed_Issue17.pdf'>http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/MnM/MyPCs/Bleed_Issue17.pdf

I've got a few more here:

http://home.pacbell.net/arcady0/MnM/MyPCs/

Found an old folder with a bunch of old character sheets in it. I scanned some of the pictures (barely put a dent into it) but thought I'd share some. All this stuff is late 80's to early 90's work. Anyway... on with the old school show.

Archangel

Dragonstar

Green Lantern clone. The uniform is based on one of the various LSH reboots and this character was later developed into Long in that campaign setting I was working on for ages.

Deathstar

Kind of like Dragonstar's Sinestro. One of his hands was severed and he uses his power ring to replace it.

Originally the "Star Rings" were supposed to be one for each of the basic spectrum. We never got that far with it.

The Scarlet Swordsman

Also extra old school. He could create a ghost sword, of sorts, which was devastating to inorganic matter and generated immense systems hock to living things.