Superhero Images

schir1964

Guest Worldmaker

Re: Superhero Images

Mitzie, if Bushbaby is giving you fits please feel free to abandon him to someone else's efforts.

I've got more villains, after all.

Mitzie, if Bushbaby is giving you fits please feel free to abandon him to someone else's efforts.

I've got more villains, after all.

Heh! :D Yes, he is giving me fits.

I'm having a heck of a time making this 'dark chimp' look scary. What starting pics I've done so far are out-right embarrassing (to me, at least) and I don't even want to show them. Yes, they are that bad. Maybe if Bushbaby had long, needle-like razor claws... or pointy Farengi teeth... (Nah, just kidding!)

But, to be clear, just because I'm working on an NPC pic doesn't mean other artists can't work on the same one. So you get two or five submisssions, big deal... pick the best one and move on.

Cheers,

Mags

Guest Worldmaker

I'm having a heck of a time making this 'dark chimp' look scary. What starting pics I've done so far are out-right embarrassing (to me, at least) and I don't even want to show them. Yes, they are that bad. Maybe if Bushbaby had long, needle-like razor claws... or pointy Farengi teeth... (Nah, just kidding!)

No, but a big mouthful of fangs and some claws wouldn't be out of place.

Guest bblackmoor

Those are really cute, in a weird 1980s video game sort of way. I particularly like that "starblaze" one. I'd like to see that one in a more normal-looking style.

There was one summer at Bible camp. My mom wouldn't let me bring my cool toys so I made superhero paper dolls. And did mock battles with them. And talked to myself as I developed whole storylines for them.

and...

I think I shared too much

Hawksmoor

Indeed.

But unless you acted out unrequited love fantasises with them... you should be okay

Dark Helmet!

There was one summer at Bible camp. My mom wouldn't let me bring my cool toys so I made superhero paper dolls. And did mock battles with them. And talked to myself as I developed whole storylines for them.

and...

I think I shared too much

Hawksmoor

Superhero paper dolls... hmmm. You may be onto something there. I wonder if they would sell?

Mags

Superhero paper dolls... hmmm. You may be onto something there. I wonder if they would sell?

Mags

You know this brings me back to the request that I had posted several pages back for individual costume elements and poses.

If you artistic types were willing to do some, I can convert them to Character Artist symbols and poses. Once that was done, you could use Character Artist by ProFantasy to create "paper dolls".

In fact, I've been working on some symbols myself, and I'm considering putting them into catalogs and selling them. So perhaps if folks wanted, we could set up a contract and share in the profits although the profits wouldn't be real high probably.

You know this brings me back to the request that I had posted several pages back for individual costume elements and poses.

If you artistic types were willing to do some, I can convert them to Character Artist symbols and poses. Once that was done, you could use Character Artist by ProFantasy to create "paper dolls".

In fact, I've been working on some symbols myself, and I'm considering putting them into catalogs and selling them. So perhaps if folks wanted, we could set up a contract and share in the profits although the profits wouldn't be real high probably.

Yeah, you'd have to be careful, too, about the copyright enfringement laws. Big old discussion going on in NGD area regarding that, what with Marvel suing CoH for just that- allowing people to make characters that were too close in design to Marvel characters. From what I hear, Marvel is sue-happy and will slap a lawsuit on anyone they can.

Not trying to talk you out of it, it's a fine idea. But you need to protect yourself (and any partners involved) first.

Mags

A couple of you suggested that I post my Poser images with lighter backgrounds. Here they are.

First, Vindicator...original post for this thread is here. I had to reduce the resolution more than I'd have liked in order to post.

Editing: Just realized I posted the image as a .bmp...resolution is refreshed and a better image posted.