Superhero Images

schir1964

Re: Superhero Images

Yeah, you'd have to be careful, too, about the copyright enfringement laws. Big old discussion going on in NGD area regarding that, what with Marvel suing CoH for just that- allowing people to make characters that were too close in design to Marvel characters. From what I hear, Marvel is sue-happy and will slap a lawsuit on anyone they can.

Not trying to talk you out of it, it's a fine idea. But you need to protect yourself (and any partners involved) first.

Mags

I am not directly defending Marvel Comics, but it is well established that if you DO NOT protect a TM, SM, copyright, or I.P. it can fall into public domain. Several companies have lost I.P. this way. Please consult with an lawyer (who is up to speed with I.P. issues) about this before you proceed just to be safe.

Great stuff as always, gang.

Here's a group of ladies, The Furies. (l-r: Alexandria "Alecto" Hall, Megan Mageara, and Lauren Tiffany "Tisiphone" Jessup.)

I'm stuck between making them a group of bounty hunters who go after escaped supervillains, and a city's lone set of protectors who punish criminals.

Great stuff as always, gang.

Here's a group of ladies, The Furies. (l-r: Alexandria "Alecto" Hall, Megan Mageara, and Lauren Tiffany "Tisiphone" Jessup.)

I'm stuck between making them a group of bounty hunters who go after escaped supervillains, and a city's lone set of protectors who punish criminals.

Nice pose for Megan (the one in the middle). ;)

Mags

Thanks. Funny thing about that pose: I originally had a Gun in that hand in front. Then when I looked at it the image came across too phallic because of where she was holding it :D

Then I remembered I'd originally planned on giving the one on the left a whip instead of those built-in claw dohickeys. So...

Anyway the wings need detail. I want them to be simple hunks of metal, but this is too simple. They're just grey mishappen geometric shapes right now.

Cool. Where'd you find them?

Mags

A member of the Yahoo group I belonged to made them for me. here's the URL at yahoo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lilguyz

Plus here's a Micro of my version of Liberty the American girl from POWERHEROES :cool:

I'll send in two more from my group look for them there and make some full sized portraits from these micros

A couple of you suggested that I post my Poser images with lighter backgrounds. Here they are.

First, Vindicator...original post for this thread is here. I had to reduce the resolution more than I'd have liked in order to post.

Editing: Just realized I posted the image as a .bmp...resolution is refreshed and a better image posted.

Looved it Mancer, can you do the same for my micros,at least convert them into full sized heroes pics? :)

I like it Mags.

So when are you getting started on Pics for the Damocles Directive? Hmmmmm?

Hawksmoor

Glad you asked. I already had a pic ready for Mindscape and turned it in to Jack (you should have it too, I sent it along with the HDC file). I'm just waiting for it to be posted on the site, but there are priorities right now. Eventually I'll do another one, but the color-pencil pic will have to do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1509

No one from the group has approached me about doing artwork for their PCs. I suppose I could take the initiative, but then I risk wasting time on a pic that might not be wanted, appreciated or even used.

Did you have a character in mind for me to work on?

Mags

How's this? Liberty, The American Girl:

attachment.php?attachmentid=11311

Sorry if she looks a little 'made up', but I was trying to get her as close to the reference pic as possible.

If you like it, I can do more.

Mags

I like it but could you put it in jpg or gif form?

I can't load it in to the photos section of my group. :stupid:

Glad you asked. I already had a pic ready for Mindscape and turned it in to Jack (you should have it too, I sent it along with the HDC file). I'm just waiting for it to be posted on the site, but there are priorities right now. Eventually I'll do another one, but the color-pencil pic will have to do.

attachment.php?attachmentid=1509

No one from the group has approached me about doing artwork for their PCs. I suppose I could take the initiative, but then I risk wasting time on a pic that might not be wanted, appreciated or even used.

Did you have a character in mind for me to work on?

Mags

Well I would actually like you to do all of the characters for the Damocles Game. That is only like four for you to do. :whip:

:whip::whip:

If you wanted to help me out I need a Hugo Weaving/Agent Smith type drawing for the Liaison. And if you have any easily modifiable drawings of just ladies (agent wear acceptable) for Margaret/Eve Siliicon that would be great.

I got Mindscape when you sent her last. Thanks

PS Great work!!!!

Hawksmoor

Nice. By the way, I am using this character as an enigmatic NPC in my campaign. My Players don't know whether to love her or hate her. :)

I call that success!

Mag

Cool to hear how the images/characters are being used. It'd be interesting to hear more, or from anyone else using the stuff I posted.

Well guys, you may have noticed a few changes regarding artwork (i.e. attachments). The reason is here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=512912#post512912

The gist of it is, we are each limited now to 1MB worth of attachments. For some of you, that might not seem such a big deal, but for the board's artists, this really sucks. To give you an idea I am currently at 15.52 MB, which means I have to delete more than 14.52 MB worth of art before I can post anything new. I guess I will need to start with the oldest stuff first.

This means that after everyone has deleted their old stuff, the art threads will unravel. So I hope that everyone has had a chance to view what is there.

Mags

Thanks for the info. It's cool, I can understand them not wanting to be host for every little pic we want to post.

However I know I'm not going to be re-linking anything, especially with 237 active attachements and very little interest in doing so. Plus I don't have the webserver space for such a thing.

So that's it for at least a while.

So that's it for at least a while.

:(

Stymied.

I would have prefered they cleared up space by deleting old threads (those not accessed for a year or more), rather than curtailing the space so severely. But such it their right. Besides, from what they said it's more about processing than storage.

Mags