11	REC	0
46	END	0
50	STUN	1
Total Characteristics Cost: 155

Movement:	Running: 9" / 18"
Leaping: 3" / 6"
Swimming: 2" / 4"

Cost	Powers & Skills
23	Cold: Elemental Control, 35-point powers; No Range (-1/2)
23	1) Blizzard: Change Environment, 64" radius, Long Lasting (1 Hour), -4 for Sight 
and Hearing Group PER Rolls, 1 point NND RKA (defense Life Support [safe 
Environment: Intense Cold]), Personal Immunity (+1/4); No Range (-1/2), END 7
31	2) Intense Cold: Change Environment, 64" radius, Long Lasting (1 Hour), -6 
Temperature Level, Personal Immunity (+1/4); No Range (-1/2), END 7
25	Horn: HKA 1 1/2d6 (3d6 with STR), END 2
15	Claw: HKA 1d6 (2d6 with STR), END 1
9	Thick Fur And Hide: Damage Resistance (9 PD / 9 ED)
8	Heavy: Knockback Resistance (-4")
2	Creature Of Ithaqua: Life Support (Safe Environment: Intense Cold)
6	Fast On Its Feet: Running: +3" (9" Total), END 2
6	Six Legs: Extra Limb, Inherant (+1/4)

Skills
10	Combat Skill Levels: +2 with Hand-to-Hand
0	AK: Greenland 8-
0	Analyze Animal 8-
0	Concealment 8-
3	Winter Coat: +4 to Concealment; Self Only (-1/2), Only In Snow/Ice (-1)
0	Language: Gnoph-Keh (native)
0	PS: Gnoph-Keh Abilities 8-
0	Shadowing 8-
0	Stealth 8-
2	Winter Coat: +2 to Stealth; Only In Snow/Ice (-1)
0	Survival (Artic) 8-
163	Total Powers & Skills Cost
318	Total Character Cost

75+	Disadvantages
5	Physical Limitation: Large, Twice Human Size (I., S)
5	Physical Limitation: Reduced Leap; can only leap half as far as STR indicates (I, S)
15	Physical Limitation: Very Limited Manipulation (F, G)
5	Reputation: Servant Of Ithaqua, 8-
213	Experience
318	Total Disadvantage Points

Ecology:

The gnoph-keh are a rare race of beings who dwell in the far north, usually on glaciers and ice caps. They may come down into the lowlands if food is scare of the weather is extremly harsh. It is possible a degnerate tribe of humans worships the gnoph-keh, using them as a totem beast and as a go-between to Ithaqua.

Personality/Motivation:

Normal animal motivations. The gnoph-keh are quite intellegent and often do Ithaqua's bidding (such as it is).

Powers/Tactics:

The gnoph-keh have two major forms of attack: their claws and horns, or intense areas of cold and snow. Prey items will be attacked with claws and horns and devoured shortly there-after. A large group (such as a village) will be subject to the blizzard and intense cold effects. The gnopgh-keh often use this power to demonstrate the displease of Ithaqua.

Appearance:

A gnoph-keh is a huge beast covered with thick hair. It has six legs, sharp claws, pleanty of teeth, and a long horn on its nose. The general appearence is of a six-limbed polar bear.

Designer's Notes:

The gnoph-keh is a creature of the Cthulhu Mythos of H.P. Lovecraft. This design was based upon the gnoph-keh presented in the 5th Edition of Call of Cthulhu.

GNORRI

Val	CHA	Cost	Roll	Notes
18	STR	8	13-	Lift 400 kg; 3 1/2d6 HTH Damage
11	DEX	3	11-	OCV: 4 / DCV: 4
13	CON	6	12-
15	BODY	10	12-
13	INT	3	12-	PER Roll 12-
11	EGO	2	11-	ECV: 4
13	PRE	3	12-	PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6
10	COM	0	11-
8	PD	3		Total: 8 PD (2 rPD)
6	ED	3		Total: 6 ED (2 rED)
3	SPD	9		Phases: 4, 8, 12
7	REC	0
26	END	0
31	STUN	0
Total Characteristics Cost: 49

Movement:	Running: 1" / 2"
Swimming: 5" / 10"

Cost	Powers & Skills
2	Scaled Body: Damage Resistance (2 PD / 2 ED)
2	Large Size: Knockback Resistance (-1" KB)
5	Water Dweller: Life Support (Expanded Breathing: Breathe Underwater)
-10	Water Dweller: Running -5" (1" Total)
3	Water Dweller: Swimming +3" (Total: 5"), END 1
15	Long Tentacle/Lower Body: Stretching 3â€, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); No 
Noncombat Stretching (-1/4), No Velocity Damage (-1/4)

Skills
4	Tail Grapple: +2 OCV with Grab
0	AK:  Home Territory 8-
0	Analyze Animal 8-
0	Concealment 8-
4	Language: Dreamlands (fluent)
0	Language: Gnorri (native)
0	PS: Gnorri Abilities 8-
0	Shadowing 8-
0	Stealth 8-
0	Survival (Marine) 8-
1	WF: Harpoon/Spear
26	Total Powers & Skills Cost
75	Total Character Cost

75+	Disadvantages
5	Physical Limitation: Large, up to twice human size (I, S)
0	Experience
80	Total Disadvantage Points

OPTIONS
Cost	Gnorri Powers
6	Multiple Arms/Tail: Extra Limbs (3-4 arms, plus tail), Inherent (-1/4)
9	Talent: Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)

Ecology:

The gnorri are a form of mermen, who dwell in the oceans of the Dreamlands. They can breathe water as well as air and make their homes in shallow waters near the coasts. They live off of fish and cultivate some undersea crops.

Personality/Motivation:

Normal sentient humanoid motivations. For the most part the gnorri are a peaceful race and trade with surface-dwellers.

Powers/Tactics:

The gnorri typically go about armed with spears, tridents, and harpoons, and fight with those weapons. When combating air-breathers, the gnorri aren't above using their lower bodies to drag their foe under the surface and hold him there.

Appearance:

The gnorri have a humanoid head and torso (with long hair and a thick beard), with a long (15-20 feet) "tentacle" for a lower body. A gnorri will have anywhere from 2-4 arms, with 3-armed gnorri having a STR and DEX of around 13-15, and a 4-armed gnorri having a STR of 10 and a DEX of 18.

Designer's Notes:

The gnorri is a race of beings of the Cthulhu/Dreamlands Mythos of H.P. Lovecraft. This design was based upon the gnorri presented in the 5th Edition of The Complete Dreamlands. Game Masters may wish to add certain skill packages from pages 117-119 of "Monsters, Minions, and Marauders."

Here's the Gnorri in HD. I noticed an error in calculating the Characteristics, Mike. A PD of 8 will actually cost it 2 points, and the total should be 51.

These are my favorite mermen; I mean, they're completely normal fantasy mermen, except for the huge lower body tentacle!

Here's the Gnoph-Keh.

Although the construction of the Blizzard power will be perfectly acceptable to most people on the boards, for publication, you'd have to change it slightly:

Blizzard: Change Environment 64" radius, -4 to Hearing Group PER Rolls, -4 to Sight Group PER Rolls, +1 Point NND RKA (defense Life Support [safe Environment: Intense Cold]), Long-Lasting 1 Hour, Multiple Combat Effects, Personal Immunity (+1/4)

This is because you have to use Multiple Combat Effects (a +5 Adder) to combine the effects. Also, you pay twice for PER Roll modifiers, since you can have one less affected than the other. On the other hand, you could also up the EC to a 37 point reserve, which lowers the overall cost of the construct. It's a Cthulhu Mythos critter, anyway; nobody should get close enough to check out its character sheet!

Great stuff again, as usual!

Originally posted by AlHazred

This is because you have to use Multiple Combat Effects (a +5 Adder) to combine the effects. Also, you pay twice for PER Roll modifiers, since you can have one less affected than the other.

Where is the part about Multiple Combat Effects? It's not in my copy of 5th Edtion anywhere.

Multiple Combat Effects an Adder on Change Environment that was added in later (yeah, I know, but they've been good about including it in sidebars of later products so I've forgiven them). You can find it in a number of places, including the UNTIL SuperPowers Database and I believe the Fantasy Hero Grimoire. When I get home, I'll send you the writeup, it's pretty short.