Macho HEROes With Guns

James Gillen

A while back I picked up the D20 version of Macho Women WIth Guns. It's pretty good for what it is, but it's still D20. Even worse, D20 Modern. In the extremely unlikely event I found anyone demented enough to play this thing, it's that much less likely I could get them to stick around until 5th level when they're finally eligible to get the cool stuff from Prestige Classes.

So you know what that means: HERO System Conversion.

This is what I've got so far:

BATWINGED BIMBO RACIAL PACKAGE

Cost Ability

+16 Bat Wings: Flight 12" (24) - Restrainable

(-1/2)

+10 Horny Devil: HKA 1/2d6 (10) -No STR

Adds (-1/2)

+3 Seduction (PRE)

+2 AK: Hell (11-)

Value Disadvantages

-15 Distinctive Features: Demonic (concealed

with effort, major reactions)

-10 Reputation (bimbo) 11-

6 Total Cost of Package

Options

Cost Option

+6 Press-On Claws: HKA 1/2d6 (10),

-Reduced Penetration (-1/4),

Restrainable (-1/2)

+12 Flame Touch: RKA 1d6 (15), Limited

Range (-1/4)

+6 Flame Retardant Soul: Armor +6 ED (9)

-only vs. flame/heat (-1/2)

+2 KS: Demonic Contract Law (11-)

PERQUISITES

Value Perk

+2 Religious Rank: Nun

TALENTS

Value Talent

+1 Run in High Heels: Environmental

Movement (eliminates 'Poor Footing' penalty

only for wearing Heels; see p. 250 of FREd)

+6 Teflon Skin: Treat as Combat Luck

DISADVANTAGES

Value Option

-10 Physical Limitation: Chafing (cannot wear

heavier than 3 DEF Armor without suffering

unsightly rash and taking -1 CV for rest of the

week; Frequently, Slightly)

-5 Physical Limitation: Top Heavy (-2 on

Acrobatics/Breakfall Rolls, buy off 1"

Running, also eligible for Distinctive

Features; Infrequently, Slightly)

-15 Psychological Limitation: Vow of Violence

(Common, Strong)

-5 Social Limitation: Harmful Secret/Used to be

a Man (Occasionally, Minor)

They seem to have added some "classes" to the d20 version (like the Psychotic Schoolgirl -drool drool-). I would almost pick up the copy my FLGS has, were it not for the fact that the book has, at best, 160 pages, and they want like $30 for it. I'm sorry, I like MWwG as much as the next fanboy, but not that much.

Originally posted by AlHazred

Rather than starting with the D20 version, shouldn't you start with the original? That way it won't be twice-filtered, like my coffee...

I can't remember where I buried my originals. Which is too bad, since as I recall the original game system was a helluva lot like GURPS, and thus easier to translate.

JG

Originally posted by Black Rose

They seem to have added some "classes" to the d20 version (like the Psychotic Schoolgirl -drool drool-). I would almost pick up the copy my FLGS has, were it not for the fact that the book has, at best, 160 pages, and they want like $30 for it. I'm sorry, I like MWwG as much as the next fanboy, but not that much.

James has had a tendency to spend dollars on the occassional odd book that he is never going to use... not that they are not cool books... actually, the $30 for MWwGs is not so bad... what really made me raise an eyebrow was the $50 for the Conan RPG by Mongoose. A very very cool book... but $50 and I'll be very very surprised if it ever gets used in an actual game.

Re: Macho HEROes With Guns

Markdoc, That image is wonderous! Where did you find it?

I've run the original MMWG, and at a glance I found d20 MMWG to be Heresy!

They added an Intelligence stat! INT! In MMWG! Blasphemy!

This was a game "...blissfully free from the ravages of intelligence."

Macho was to be used in the place of Int.

Damn them. Damn them all to Hell.

On that note, I'm going to go work on the final confrontation between the Girls and Santa.

I've run the original MMWG, and at a glance I found d20 MMWG to be Heresy!

They added an Intelligence stat! INT! In MMWG! Blasphemy!

This was a game "...blissfully free from the ravages of intelligence."

Macho was to be used in the place of Int.

Damn them. Damn them all to Hell.

Thanks Steve. Since I have the originals, I now know not to get the update.

On that note, I'm going to go work on the final confrontation between the Girls and Santa.

Thanks, Steve! But I didn't find it, I made it - rendered in Bryce, with fairly heavy reworking in Photoshop. It was inspired by reading two comments here - this thread plus a comment (by von-D-man, I think) about his Escher gang in the Necromunda game. I also played an Escher gang who had a lethal "heavy" with a big gun ("Machine-gun Sally" :)). So that's her.

Provided an amusing couple of evening's work.

cheers, Mark

Rules for Hot Oil Wrestling

This is inspired by a spontaneous combat that occured between PCs in our RIFTS game this week. If you're interested, ask Gary Ciaramella to tell the story. :D

According to the D20 book: "A catfight or tussle is an informal fight for dominance; occasionally, however, honour must be satisfied in front of witnesses and it is at these times that wrestling in mud, oil or some other gooey substance, such as Bthulhu slime, is called for.

In the world of Macho Women with Guns wrestling is accepted as the one true and final way of settling an argument, held in as much esteem as duelling with swords or boxing has been in times gone by."

The book goes on to describe how catfighters demonstrate personal superiority through special manuevers that humiliate the opponent and demonstrate the victor's superiority. These attacks cause Charisma damage, which in this context is not making the target any uglier, it is simply a measure of how humiliated or bedraggled a target becomes before having to give up or run off to recover.

Thus, in HERO these attacks are a Drain, not against COM (the dirtiness and damage to makeup is cancelled out by the arousal effect) but PRE (representing the loss of confidence). In addition to the normal STUN damage caused by Grabs and other attacks, wrestlers get to perform stunts like slaps, hairpulls, removal of clothing, etc. which cause 1d6 PRE Drain, Recovers per Minute. If a Grab is maintained, the Grabbing character can continue to do the damage continuously; this is known as a 'spanking.' Note that all Grab modifiers apply (even with the slap, as it's not a conventional attack), and that the Drain has to be done instead of normal damage. Furthermore, wrestling in mud or oil has the same effects as Poor Footing (p. 250, FREd) and also affects Breakfall rolls by at least -1. Characters should have to maintain Breakfall or DEX rolls to stay upright; failing to make the roll causes the character to take a one-time roll of 1d6 PRE Drain.

JG

Thanks, Steve! But I didn't find it, I made it - rendered in Bryce, with fairly heavy reworking in Photoshop. It was inspired by reading two comments here - this thread plus a comment (by von-D-man, I think) about his Escher gang in the Necromunda game. I also played an Escher gang who had a lethal "heavy" with a big gun ("Machine-gun Sally" :)). So that's her.

Provided an amusing couple of evening's work.

cheers, Mark

Even Cooler!

The cause for my enthusiasm is that I also have and Escher gang that has served me well over the years. I'm in the process of repainting it for the 4th time.

I feel like Macho Women with Guns is one of those rare games that should just be played as-is rather than being converted.

True... but in order for it to be republished in the first place, it was given to a D20 company.

HERO (along with GURPS) is a lot closer to the original concept.

JG