Devil May Cry Hero

Jhereg

My group witnessed a surprising turn of events when attempting a Devil May Cry campaign. It was actually good! ...though not true to the game. Characters were 75+75 with melee weapons, and 20th century firearms with very limited ammo. Demonology magic was allowed (and 1 PC opted for it). Future plans included “magic†firearms (so ammo wouldn’t be an issue), and gaining demon-like powers (like the “Devil Triggerâ€).

However, when we started, it became a very in depth post apocalyptic campaign. The world we pulled out of our nertherquarters was more vivid and rich than the one I was trying to emulate. The PC’s spent most of their time fighting lowly demons, and counting their precious ammo, and loving every excruciating minute of it.

We gave up on the hopes for making like the Devil May Cry world, and continued as is. We eventually got bored, but while it lasted, it was a very fun campaign.

Demon World

Our group tried a similar theme with the Devil May Cry aspect, but went for a superheroic game (200+150). It was really my try at running a superheroic game (not normally my preference), and it turned out pretty good as well. The variety of character types was definitely interesting. One was a Vatican Knight, with holy guns and religious artifacts granting him power over the demons. Another was a straight-up mercenary, having good speed and pure handgun power. The last was a black mage, utilizing his knowledge of the arcane and demons to fight the demonic invasion. We never really finished the adventure (as it was a side game while waiting for all the regular players to be available), but it turned out being a fairly entertaining time.